ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #46
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 578
It may be a long day he says, Seems like that one was something like 320 for the day. Awesome trip though, 1120 miles of trailrider dust , caves castles and springs, nevada's a fun place to ride.
effensteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,040
More day three. The road to Spencer Hot Springs and Toquima Cave. No time to soak today, we have a lot of miles to cover.

Doodling from another era.

Next we headed to Hickison Petroglyphs. We took a 2 mile hike around this butte looking for the petroglyphs. None found.

Hurry up guys!!! There is beer and Southern Comfort back at camp with my name on it!

Oh here they are!

Last picture for day three, because it got dark about a half hour after I snapped this pic. When we hit the highway we decided we might not have enough fuel to get back on the dirt so we had a two hour pavement ride in the dark back to camp.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #48
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Day four. We are headed up there this morning.

Lamoille Canyon.

Metropolis.

Time for another soak.

Lunch in Wells.

Last picture of this trip. Strange stuff you find in the desert. Pretty new trailer. I think someone got tired of making payments and drug it out here and dumped it and got some insurance money.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #49
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer: 712

I think this is called Camp Lamoille. It is owned by the lion's club and is available for rent by the day or more. It might be a good gathering spot in the fall for a ADV Camp'N'Ride. Anyone belong to Lion's Club?

Link to Wiki's and Lions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamoille_Canyon

http://www.elkolions.com/camplamoille.shtml
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #50
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,180
Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post

I think this is called Camp Lamoille. It is owned by the lion's club and is available for rent by the day or more. It might be a good gathering spot in the fall for a ADV Camp'N'Ride. Anyone belong to Lion's Club?

Link to Wiki's and Lions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamoille_Canyon

http://www.elkolions.com/camplamoille.shtml
Yes..Enterprise/Joseph Lions Club...would love to ride in this area...outstanding.
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #51
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Day four. We are headed up there this morning.

Lamoille Canyon.

WOW -

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #52
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

I'll just give this a bump for this falls ride. Leaving September 24th to camp at Rye Patch State Recreation Area. Returning September 29th. Four days of loop rides. Looking for 2 or 3 riders. Read the first post in this thread for an idea of what to expect.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #53
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Sooo, black rock desert, pole canyon petroglyphs, looks like a few ghost towns, loads of hot springs and possibly not as much in the hood as last year. camping by the lake, in , with extra fuel this year
Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #54
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Sooo, black rock desert, pole canyon petroglyphs, looks like a few ghost towns, loads of hot springs and possibly not as much in the hood as last year. camping by the lake, in , with extra fuel this year
Sounds like you have been studying the Benchmark. I was studying that last night along with Google Earth.

Extra fuel or extra beer?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #55
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

I'm thinking of trying out a hydroflask growler. Supposed to keep the beer cold for a full 24 . hours
Old 07-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #56
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
We did it once where the whole east side was knee deep with purple and yellow lupine in full bloom.

Looking southeast at the pass:

We tried to do this east to west about 1 month ago. The wind was blowing very hard and we decided to turn back down where that first snow field is. The first section of the grade going up to where the Wachs is at in his picture looked a bit much (tho in his photo it looks like no big deal). Funny how that works!

We did get to experience the purple and yellow lupine in full bloom on the switchbacks you can see in his photo. It was a great ride up to where we turned around!

Here is a pic from where we stopped. The part we were concerned about was right there where Mark is stopped to take pictures.

MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #57
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
I'm thinking of trying out a hydroflask growler. Supposed to keep the beer cold for a full 24 . hours
Sounds good, see ya in the morning at Cambridge.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #58
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
We tried to do this east to west about 1 month ago. The wind was blowing very hard and we decided to turn back down where that first snow field is. The first section of the grade going up to where the Wachs is at in his picture looked a bit much (tho in his photo it looks like no big deal). Funny how that works!

We did get to experience the purple and yellow lupine in full bloom on the switchbacks you can see in his photo. It was a great ride up to where we turned around!

Here is a pic from where we stopped. The part we were concerned about was right there where Mark is stopped to take pictures.
Looking forward to your ride report.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #59
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

It sounds like Whiskey Sierra is going to try and make it. So I guess that makes three of us. If one or two other people want to come ride with us, let me know.
I called the campground and they said it is not getting much use because the water level is pretty low.
Looks like a pretty nice place for a basecamp.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #60
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Yes they do! If you keep it out of direct sunlight, even longer.
If you fill the 40oz one with ice, a pint of whiskey, and some Ginger Ale, it will keep it cold for days