Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #1231
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post

Too funny.
It would be even funnier if it weren't true.

I assume you've never ran across an incompetent sales or service employee's? If so, you lead a blessed life.

I'm not saying all are that way but there are a lot out there who don't their ass from a hole in the ground...to believe otherwise is like...

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #1232
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,009
Quote:

Too funny.
I'm wondering who's the funny guy here.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1233
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
I'm wondering who's the funny guy here.

Do you have a direct question?

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1234
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Do you have a direct question?
Yes but just thinking that I have to ask it makes my head hurts.

But here we go if it's what you need.

You already said that there are always 2 sides of a story, right?

Now, forget the fact that you've been in sales for the last 45 years and answer these simple questions:

Can you envision that even if:

There are bad customers (those you don't want), bad finance/service/sales/whatever rep can exist?

There are pretty good finance/service/sales/whatever rep, bad ones still exist?

Now, with your own selling background in mind, can you envision that talking about bad experiences on a forum has nothing to do with you and your work? That it's not a against you each time you read something about a bad salesman or whatever?

Yes, there are usually 2 sides of a story. But we only have one. We don't really have a choice here. Why should we automatically reject it? Because you said so? Were you there? Why should we doubt the veracity of these stories? Because bad customers exist?

In fact, here's the most important question:

Can we still share our bad experiences at dealerships or should we stop since it hurts your feeling, having been in the sales business for the last 45 years?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #1235
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Quote:

Two or more.

Now, forget the fact that you've been in sales for the last 45 years and answer these simple questions:

Can you envision that even if:

There are bad customers (those you don't want), bad finance/service/sales/whatever rep can exist?

Yes.

There are pretty good finance/service/sales/whatever rep, bad ones still exist?
Yes.

Now, with your own selling background in mind, can you envision that talking about bad experiences on a forum has nothing to do with you and your work? That it's not a against you each time you read something about a bad salesman or whatever?

Do I have to agree with each post? Can I not voice my opinion?

Yes, there are usually 2 sides of a story. But we only have one. We don't really have a choice here. Why should we automatically reject it? Because you said so? Were you there? Why should we doubt the veracity of these stories? Because bad customers exist?

When a person post that he has had a bad buying experience at 100% of the dealerships, I have to wonder why.

I posted " I feel sorry for the dealer that sold you the bike."
I stand by that statement. Most transactions that start off with the buyer being unhappy, usually don't get better without a lot of work by the dealership, if at all.

In fact, here's the most important question:

Can we still share our bad experiences at dealerships or should we stop since it hurts your feeling, having been in the sales business for the last 45 years?

I really don't think this requires an answer, it sounds very childish to me.
But of course, you are welcome to your opinion, as I am to mine.

TrashCan screwed with this post 09-17-2013 at 12:49 PM
Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #1236
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No, you don't have to agree with everything said on this forum.

You are, indeed, welcome to voice your opinion. I'd say more; since you're from the other side of the fence, your experience is very welcome and can help us to understand and see the whole picture differently.

Where you're, IMHO, wrong is the way you pass this "knowledge". You use your experience to judge without knowing the whole story.

You can bring arguments, paint a different picture, share your experience...but all you did here is saying "You are wrong, I know it because I have 45 years of experience in sales so I saw a lot of bad customers".

Your "opinion" does not lead to discussion, it sounds narrow minded by your "experience".

But since you agreed with the fact that bad salesman (or whatever you are) really exist, I think there's hope. ;)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #1237
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

I'm not really a long winded poster.
Remember, I'm also a consumer, and go to the same retail shops as everyone else.

I have made sales that I wish had never happened.
If a buyer is unhappy, the whole dealership is then subject to try to please this person. Parts, service, cashier, even the janitor must meet his expections.

The profit from the sale is soon eroded from the extra attention and the bad mouthing the unhappy customer is proud to supply.

As always..ymmv.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #1238
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:

Yes, there are usually 2 sides of a story.
Actually there's THREE sides to every story.

Party 1
Party 2
And the TRUTH

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1239
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post
Actually there's THREE sides to every story.

Party 1
Party 2
And the TRUTH
It's more accurate to say that there are N+1 sides to every story, where N= the number of parties involved.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #1240
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
It's more accurate to say that there are N+1 sides to every story, where N= the number of parties involved.

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1241
David R
I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer: 2,393
Back on track

This is a MOTORCYCLE forum. Screw the car dealers.

I took my R1200R in for a fuel strip. I had an appointment and rode right past the dealer I bought the bike to take it to MAX.

They were nice. I was waiting, and looking at the bikes. A salesman said "Is there one you would like to ride?" I said Sure, an 800. An F800 R would be best. He said they had a GS or a GT. I chose the GT. I signed a waiver. He put a plate on, described a test route and said "Be back in 1/2 hour".

I cam back and he asked if I wanted to ride anything else. I was eyeing the K1600 but said no thanks. There is no chance of me buying a K1600.

They fixed my fuel strip. No problems. I signed the papers and left on the rest of my 3 day trip.

David
Old 09-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #1242
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
Bait and switch, 1,300 dollars in "fees" and lying about APR to get me to come in. That's Long Island Powersports. Still cheaper than getting a new one locally.
thieves. sorry you got it there but do not bring it in for warranty work. the stories are endless about that place AND the former place before they had to change the name...
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #1243
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,820
Quote:

My problem was they knew I was coming from PA and I had no leverage as far as negotiations go as I had just driven 3 hours with a truck to haul the bike.
Yet another import factor to remember for the rest of you.

If a dealer knows they have you over a barrel, they will hit you high. Buyers who have done their research and know what APR they should earn will fare better, but many a buyer believes that the price is the only thing to educate themselves on and to negotiate over. Financing is the area they forget about.

But, like Gonzo wrote, a few extra APR numbers really don't matter if you pay the loan off early anyway.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #1244
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,291
Quote:
Then they bring me in the finance room and quote me at a 9% APR. Now I kinda flip out in a calm and logical way and got myself a free tank bag. I paid the bike off in 8 months, so the APR didn't hurt me too much.
I bought a new Corvette once. I was quoted 1.9% for 5 years. When we start signing the paperwork, the note says 5.9% When I asked where the 1.9% was, they said it was no longer available. So I got up and walked out. The salesman was surprised that I'd completed all of the paperwork so quickly, until I told him 'your finance guy screwed you out of a commission' and walked out the door.

They called later that afternoon and appologized for the 'mistake' and said they had all of the paperwork ready now with the 1.9% rate.
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #1245
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
I bought a new Corvette once. I was quoted 1.9% for 5 years. When we start signing the paperwork, the note says 5.9% When I asked where the 1.9% was, they said it was no longer available. So I got up and walked out. The salesman was surprised that I'd completed all of the paperwork so quickly, until I told him 'your finance guy screwed you out of a commission' and walked out the door.

They called later that afternoon and appologized for the 'mistake' and said they had all of the paperwork ready now with the 1.9% rate.
Effective, but I've seen it handled to where you would nto have had to waste your time by drving away and driving back.

Negotiation is a process. It can all be done in the deaelership by people with skills. People without waste a lot more time and effort by walking out, but it sometimes accomplishes the same thing. (Sometimes, even if the deal could be made, the dealership just gives up on the poor negotiator.)
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote