ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
V8

Oddometer: 9,210
Anyone want a slightly used DR650, I think I need a GSXR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,809
That's "backwards", or counter-clockwise...I like it! It flows nicely! That guy pretty much ran the whole track on that Ducati in one gear, didn't he? I mean, other than the front straight (and I didn't think he was gonna shift there either!)

Nothing better than the smell of melted knee-sliders in the afternoon!

Looks like I may have sold the KTM and gotten the Ducati just about the right time...

Dick, you may get real sick of me next year!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 View Post
A couple grand would put you into a well prepped SV or a mid to late nineties 600 with spares...
Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #19
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
I don't have a horse in this race. It sounds like a great idea to us, but one neighbor with the bucks to launch litigation (or to bring about a "political solution") could hold up actually offering use to the public for years.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #20
chippertheripper
motorcycle junkie

Oddometer: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 View Post
Buy some motard wheels/front brakes for the dr, you'll be better off at this place.
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Life is too short to crash on a bike you don't respect
chippertheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #21
ChR1s
Spherical Bastard

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
I don't have a horse in this race. It sounds like a great idea to us, but one neighbor with the bucks to launch litigation (or to bring about a "political solution") could hold up actually offering use to the public for years.
Yeah, there always seems to be one asshat that thinks they can circumvent due process with their own agenda, and run town hall. "Well, my son-in-law is a lawyer, and he says..." Yep, at least one at every town meeting....
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #22
ChR1s
Spherical Bastard

Oddometer: 336
To the locals, what's the nearby lodging availability look like? The track could be a boon to local B&Bs and small hotels, diners, restaurants, etc. Some people like to camp. Not I.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #23
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Hey Rich!

You know I love a track as much as the next guy. I just wouldn't want to live next to one. Or... err... up to 6 miles away.
Oh the not in my back yard attitude..Hi Jesse
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #24
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Yes it is a fast track. Yesterday the owner and his son were buzzing around on an SV and Yamaha 6, and invited my friend to join them on his TL. All were having a ball.

Not much lodging nearby, but locals will be tapped for rooms to rent, etc. Camp ground nearby.You'd think Oneonta (1/2 hour) would have plenty, but all the motels there are booked up up much of the summer months with baseball park participants and college events. There is a big old hotel in Worcester (1/2 hour north). Not much in Stamford either.

Regarding possible litigation, I suspect the owners have enough cash/legal team to stall off or bury and litigants that might try to impede progress. This operation is VERY well funded and professional. To give you an idea how experienced and competent they are; it only took then 2 WEEKS to get the site planning done once the property was purchased, where it usualy takes several years! And then only 4 months to clear off the trees, grade, and lay down the gravel bed and binder asphalt layer. Incredible!

AND YES - I'm looking for a track bike. SV or 600. Nothing too clapped out. Anyone?
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #25
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott View Post
Yes it is a fast track. Yesterday the owner and his son were buzzing around on an SV and Yamaha 6, and invited my friend to join them on his TL. All were having a ball.

Not much lodging nearby, but locals will be tapped for rooms to rent, etc. Camp ground nearby.You'd think Oneonta (1/2 hour) would have plenty, but all the motels there are booked up up much of the summer months with baseball park participants and college events. There is a big old hotel in Worcester (1/2 hour north). Not much in Stamford either.

Regarding possible litigation, I suspect the owners have enough cash/legal team to stall off or bury and litigants that might try to impede progress. This operation is VERY well funded and professional. To give you an idea how experienced and competent they are; it only took then 2 WEEKS to get the site planning done once the property was purchased, where it usualy takes several years! And then only 4 months to clear off the trees, grade, and lay down the gravel bed and binder asphalt layer. Incredible!

AND YES - I'm looking for a track bike. SV or 600. Nothing too clapped out. Anyone?

2007 Suzuki SV650S Upstate NY

Tonys bike!
If Tony owned it,its tight and ready togo!!!

V8,,,he likes trades.
And just buy a set of SM wheels for that DRZ,woulda ya.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #26
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
The links says it's sold. Also, more than I want to spend, even tho it' seems to be priced right. I'm considering $2,000 tops.

Thanks tho. Appreciate it.
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #27
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,238
Quote:
I can't express how I feel about it. It's too overwhelming. And it's just 10 minutes from my place!!

Great! I'll bring the steaks and beer.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
opinion914
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
The links says it's sold. Also, more than I want to spend, even tho it' seems to be priced right. I'm considering $2,000 tops.

Keep an eye on the WERA board. Selling season is fast approaching.
opinion914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #29
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
So with a farm in the area you should look into your local 'lax' zoning regulations. I imagine 10 minutes away and only 15-20$/night could make you a few bucks on budget racers looking for inexpensive local accomodations.
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #30
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:

I may have a lead on a SV. let me know if you are interested and I'll put the two of you in contact with one another
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote