Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #31
bikerbilly
throwing a leg over

Oddometer: 119
I like the look of the first one, looks like the original. Is that the fiberglass one???

I'd be in for one of those, how much to post to Australia???

cheers, Bill..

2012 Husaberg FE 570................2004 KTM Adventure 950
bikerbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #32
TornadoF5 OP
Rhodesian Varungu

Oddometer: 46
Hey guyz I will sort out the money transfer thing this week and find out postage to Aus as well will let you all know in the course of the week. Lead times are 1-2 weeks as I'm only a one man show here but will endeavour to deliver

TornadoF5 screwed with this post 09-02-2012 at 07:50 PM
TornadoF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #33
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
I was about to say if you can find out postage to Santiago, Chile (ups, I said it...) since I like them a lot. But besides aesthetics I would like to hear your riding impressions, I'm one of those who tried a chopped screen, touring, Ricardo and Super Ricardo and none of them worked for me.
Yours looks promising...

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,273
Good job. That looks very familiar Many dont understand the cost involved in doing Good CF work, Its tough even for a seasoned vet to get everything perfect.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 08-26-2012 at 09:54 AM
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #35
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Good job. That looks very familiar Many dont understand the cost involved in doing Good CF work, Its tough even for a seasoned vet to get everything perfect.
+1 I'm surprised your price for the CF is as low as it is.
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #36
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
+1
I can attest to that
I made 8 of the short aerodynamic CF screens at $195usd shipped to the cont USA . I havent considered making a tall one yet because I know taller will cause more turbulence, block view and be in the way off road, if you hit that thing it will hurt, especially if it hits your neck. I ride off road a lot and the tall screen is scary. But some might like tall

I spent about 20-30 hrs casting and finishing +$40 each in the highest quality materials + $20 shipping , and that is not accounting costs like abrasives, vacuum bagging supplies and transportation to find materials at retail . that works out to about $6 an hour profit. I would like to continue the hobby but I am stuck at cost to finish

its damn near impossible to get a perfect carbon under glass finish,
Structural integrity wont matter as much , people want cosmetic appeal, fit and finish is everything and I am not a perfectionist so its ectra hard

one or two little bubbles or a distrtion in fabric that can be seen on close inspection and a customer will be displeased, luckily we have ADVrider customers
I would need to charge $400 to even get close to making it worthwile unless I can improve production by some miracle . Gelcoat polyester fiberglass would be simple to finish but will not have the same structural strength, flexibility and lightweight as the 4 layers of carbon and flexible epoxy that I have been producing

Dustodust screwed with this post 08-26-2012 at 09:00 PM
Dustodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #37
TornadoF5 OP
Rhodesian Varungu

Thumb Pricing shipping 7 payment

Hi guyz

Ok it seems I have it all worked out irt to price shipping etc etc.
My manufacturer in the interim has hiked his prices due to material cost increase, but I will honour the original quoted prices for another month.

Please place your order online at http://www.tornadof5.co.za/TF5%20RS%...r%20Inter.html and I will email yourselves an invoice with pertinent banking details.

TF5 Rally Screen prices are as follows:

TF5 Fibreglass black screen - $189
TF5 Carbon Fibre Look (1 layer of CF with fibreglass backing) - $245
TF5 Full Carbon Fibre - $350

Shipping to USA / AUS / CHILE / UK /EU except UAE (other countries on req)

Shipping Surface Mail - $30 (approx 4-5 weeks to USA)
Shipping Air Mail - $69

I will supply ltracking number here in SA for you to track online out of SA, after that it is up to your postal service. Insurance is up to yourselves please, as I just find out here there is no insurance for most countries overseas offered.

TornadoF5 screwed with this post 08-30-2012 at 08:16 AM
TornadoF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #38
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,250
Any examples of the full vs. 30mm shorter version? Any noticeable differences in air flow?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:33 AM   #39
TornadoF5 OP
Rhodesian Varungu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE View Post
Any examples of the full vs. 30mm shorter version? Any noticeable differences in air flow?
From the front it is actually difficult to notice the 30mm shorter screen. The 30mm reduction will affect the taller person obviously more than a shorter person, but to be honest I don't believe much more than about 15%.
The idea of the shorter screen is for the shorter guys, as I designed the std one with taller guys in mind. Bearing in mind, airflow will vary from person to person and there is no perfect scenario from one person to the next some may experience belter benefit than others. The screen as you can see retains the std KTM screen width, making little difference on the air passing on the sides, which is rather nice as it has the tendency to keep your shoulders cool, but helps tremendously removing the buffeting from a helmet with a peak i.e. the Arai XD in my case. I tested as mentioned at 60,80, 100, 120, 160 kp/h and I could at 160kp/h lft my head almost vertically and not have it ripped off.
Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2012, 03:59 AM   #40
baltpari
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Really nice screen , but it would be interested to see some pics side by side next to the OEM screen , tall and short TF5 RALLY you made.Just to understand better the height
I would like to see something like please TornadoF5 :

baltpari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #41
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,250
Thanks. I'll try the shorter one and see how it goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoF5 View Post
From the front it is actually difficult to notice the 30mm shorter screen. The 30mm reduction will affect the taller person obviously more than a shorter person, but to be honest I don't believe much more than about 15%.
The idea of the shorter screen is for the shorter guys, as I designed the std one with taller guys in mind. Bearing in mind, airflow will vary from person to person and there is no perfect scenario from one person to the next some may experience belter benefit than others. The screen as you can see retains the std KTM screen width, making little difference on the air passing on the sides, which is rather nice as it has the tendency to keep your shoulders cool, but helps tremendously removing the buffeting from a helmet with a peak i.e. the Arai XD in my case. I tested as mentioned at 60,80, 100, 120, 160 kp/h and I could at 160kp/h lft my head almost vertically and not have it ripped off.
Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #42
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,869
Are these screens still in development or are you selling them?

This thread needs to go to vendors if you're selling.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #43
TcRulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Hi Ya'll.

TornadoF5, great job, the end product looks superb. I'm a little confused. Can this screen be bought in either the 30mm short or the standard size or both sizes? I'm 6'4" and have played around with cutting down and adding to the original screen only to find the best was no screen at all. I'd love to try a screen with a lip on top. Happy to have your advice and hoping you make a standard size replacement. Cheers from Oz, Glenn.
TcRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #44
TornadoF5 OP
Rhodesian Varungu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcRulz View Post
Hi Ya'll.

TornadoF5, great job, the end product looks superb. I'm a little confused. Can this screen be bought in either the 30mm short or the standard size or both sizes? I'm 6'4" and have played around with cutting down and adding to the original screen only to find the best was no screen at all. I'd love to try a screen with a lip on top. Happy to have your advice and hoping you make a standard size replacement. Cheers from Oz, Glenn.
You can choose if you want the shorter or the std lenght one, entirely up to you Glenn I make them on demand.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #45
fredN4
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Looks cool. But is that all it is for? It wont stop buffeting. The only way to do that is to allow air to pass under the screen.
fredN4 is offline   Reply With Quote