User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #211
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,030
List is about to start

Very soon I will carefully read all of the postings since the second buy started and create a list showing everyone who has stated they want one or more filter. I plan to place the order at the end of this week, but I may wait until the beginning of next week if some people are still trickling in showing interest. I probably will buy a couple of extra filters for the guys that "just missed it." The last buy had quite a few people show up a little too late.

Please keep an eye out for the list to appear and make sure you read not only the list, but the instructions that will accompany said list. I will prefer Paypal payments where you send the funds as a gift and YOU pay the small fee. If this is a problem, I can take a personal check. I will ship you your filter(s) once full payment has been received and I would not mind seeing some of those payments coming my way before I place the order. Payment info will be in the instructions accompanying the list. I will contact each and every person via IM to verify that you wish to be on the list and that # of filters is correct.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #212
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Thanks again Dirtmonkey!!
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #213
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Purchasing List for 2nd Uni Group Buy

Right now I just want to establish the list and get everyone to confirm their desire to buy the filter. We will work on payments, etc once the order is placed. There is not much new interest so I expect to try and close the group buy tomorrow the 28th. Until I actually confirm the list and place the order I will allow additions or subtractions.

Below is the list of purchasers for the Second Uni Filter Group Buy. It is alphabetical to ease spotting your name. Seeing your name means you wish to buy ONE filter and if someone is buying more than one filter it will be noted (ex: "x2"). Please verify you are on the list and then send me an IM confirming that you are still interested and that your order quantity is correct. I want to see an IM from everyone and if I do not get one I will pound you with messages until you confirm or I remove you from the list. By now everyone is ready to get their filter and get it installed as Spring is upon us. It is NOT necessary to designate XC/Roadie nor ABS/nonABS. Uni makes only one filter that fits ALL Tiger 800 bikes.

Second Uni Filter Group Buy

BlackBeast
Boro128 x3
BryanCO
burmbuster
chad68
Dirtmonkey8 x2
Dirtysouth
fbj913
ilbiker x2
invicta1
Kali Trailrider x2
KingofZroad
klrmtn
levain
Mckay
orv
pilot3
Poweranger
Smopho
some call me...tim
Too Tall
vintagebob
XCRider803
youtalkintome?

24 folks/ 29 filters
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #214
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Right now I just want to establish the list and get everyone to confirm their desire to buy the filter.....
I'm still in.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #215
youtalkintome?
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Bring it! I'm in.
youtalkintome? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #216
Seve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Right now I just want to establish the list and get everyone to confirm their desire to buy the filter. We will work on payments, etc once the order is placed. There is not much new interest so I expect to try and close the group buy tomorrow the 28th. Until I actually confirm the list and place the order I will allow additions or subtractions.

Below is the list of purchasers for the Second Uni Filter Group Buy. It is alphabetical to ease spotting your name. Seeing your name means you wish to buy ONE filter and if someone is buying more than one filter it will be noted (ex: "x2"). Please verify you are on the list and then send me an IM confirming that you are still interested and that your order quantity is correct. I want to see an IM from everyone and if I do not get one I will pound you with messages until you confirm or I remove you from the list. By now everyone is ready to get their filter and get it installed as Spring is upon us. It is NOT necessary to designate XC/Roadie nor ABS/nonABS. Uni makes only one filter that fits ALL Tiger 800 bikes.

BlackBeast
Boro128 x3
BryanCO
burmbuster
chad68
Dirtmonkey8 x2
Dirtysouth
fbj913
ilbiker x2
invicta1
Kali Trailrider x2
KingofZroad
klrmtn
levain
Mckay
orv
pilot3
Poweranger
Smopho
some call me...tim
Too Tall
vintagebob
XCRider803
youtalkintome?

24 folks/ 29 filters
Thanks for taking up the group buy.

Please add me to the list for 2 units. (assuming you are willing to ship to Canada?)

2012 Tiger XC ABS

I sent a PM to confirm as well.
Seve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #217
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,092
Im in!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #218
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Thanks to those who have confirmed you are still in. We are over 50% confirmed. One guy dropped out, but another stepped in. I was about to do an updated list, but I think it is a little too early and therefore unnecessary extra work so I will wait until this afternoon or tomorrow to put it up.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #219
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

just 9 guys left to confirm and we are all set. I am going to PM them now and try to get this done.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #220
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

2nd group buy closed

BlackBeast
Boro128 x3 CONFIRMED
BryanCO CONFIRMED
Burmbuster CONFIRMED
chad68 CONFIRMED
Dirtmonkey8 x2 CONFIRMED
ilbiker x2 CONFIRMED
invicta1
Kali Trailrider x2 CONFIRMED
KingofZroad CONFIRMED
klrmtn
levain CONFIRMED
Mckay CONFIRMED
Orv CONFIRMED
pilot3 CONFIRMED
Poweranger CONFIRMED
Seve x2 CONFIRMED *Canada*
Smopho
some call me...tim CONFIRMED
Too Tall CONFIRMED
Vintagebob CONFIRMED
XCRider803 CONFIRMED
Youtalkintome CONFIRMED

23 folks/ 29 filters

Above is the final list and this group buy is closed. I may be able to add filters to the order if I am aware of the need before the order is placed. Including the 4 guys that have NOT yet confirmed, we have 23 folks buying a total of 29 filters. I was going to add a couple of extras to the order anyway so I am planning to order 30 filters. This gives me one extra filter if these 4 guys are still in or up to five extra if they opt out. I will place the order very soon and wait and see what amount ends up on my credit card after a few days. I will then confirm what my shipping to your door will be and give you guys the final total. It should be the $30 we expected or very close. You guys have a good weekend.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #221
PYG RYDR OP
Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer: 376
Thumb Kudos

Dirtmonkey8,

Nice job on managing the group buy!
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it.
Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith
PYG RYDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #222
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Thanks for doing this Dirtmonkey8.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #223
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Thanks PYG and all of you guys are welcome. It was time for me to give back to this forum. I have mostly just been a lurker taking information. That and I wanted this filter and no one seemed ready to take this on and it is about to get nice and warm outside.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #224
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Speed Bump

I thought things were going too smooth... I went to place the order online and double checked my notes a few weeks back to compare exchange rates when I noticed the filter price has gone up. And I mean gone up as in almost 20% gone up. I sent Rebecca at UNI the following email asking for some help on pricing if she could:

Bec,

I went to your site to place the order and found that the price has increased recently. I wish to by 33 filters and would like to get them at the old price of A$24.75 vs. the current price of A$29.50. I would really appreciate it if you can do this for me considering the volume of this order and because I have been discussing this purchase with you. Had I known you had an increase coming I would have completed the purchase beforehand and not waited to collect a few more people to purchase more of your filters. I am not earning a profit on these as I am just buying for a group to bring them to the USA with cheaper shipping than we can achieve buying and shipping as individuals. I do not expect to get dealer or a wholesale pricing, but I do hope you can help me to fulfill this order at or near the price they were just a few weeks ago. If I report back to the group a near 20% price increase some may change their minds and I may have to start organizing the purchase all over again to avoid getting stuck with filters for which people do not wish to pay. Please help me on the pricing. I wish to order immediately.

Thank You, Rebecca.

Macon

P.S. Please. Please.

To: Macon Powers
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:37 PM
Subject: RE: NU 3704 Group Buy

Hello Macron,

The freight cap is a good price. =)
I am unsure of the import taxes in America, so you will need to find that out at your end.
But as far as we are concerned that is the total your card will be charged by me.

The filters are touring and adventure bikes in our online shop.
Here is a link to make it easier.
http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/p5651.html

Kind Regards

Rebecca Ree
Accounts Department

Unifilter Australia
5/373 Manns Rd, West Gosford 2250
P: +61 2 4322 2007
F: +61 2 4322 3007
E: admin@uniflow.com.au

Sent: Wednesday, 6 February 2013 3:13 AM
To: Bec
Subject: Re: NU 3704 Group Buy

Bec,

Can you send me a link to the website where these filters can be found? The site: "http://www.unifilter.com/" has an online catalog in which this part can not be found. I did find a website of yours that was slightly different where it did show up, but I can no longer find the site. Thanks.

To: Macon Powers
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 7:15 PM
Subject: RE: NU 3704 Group Buy

Hello Macon,

We definitely still make the NU 3704 filter. As you said the Tiger does need it.

Galen didn't get a volume discount, it was the freight that was discounted.

If you purchase from our website www.unifilter.com.au the freight is capped at $40.91.

The website is secure and the best way to order Internationally.

The table to the right is the total cost for 13 filters and freight to Virginia.

My basketContinue shoppingShipping, Tax

Select a shipping destination

Select a shipping method

Australia Post

Purchase price:
A$375.45
Shipping:
A$40.91
Total:
A$416.36

Kind Regards

Rebecca Ree

Accounts Department

Unifilter Australia

5/373 Manns Rd, West Gosford 2250

P: +61 2 4322 2007

F: +61 2 4322 3007

E: admin@uniflow.com.au

Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2013 12:21 AM
To: Bec
Cc: Unifilter Australia
Subject: NU 3704 Group Buy

Hello folks at UNI,

I am member of ADVrider and wish to follow in the footsteps of a gentleman named Galen who brought @54 units of your NU 3704 pre-filters over to the USA to ease shipping costs for the Tiger 800 owners on the forum. I sent a message via your website over a week ago, but have not received any response. If we buy the filters from you individually we have to pay almost as much in shipping as the cost of the filter.

Please let me know if the filters are still available. I wish to place the order at the end of February to allow time for more individuals to get involved. I do not expect the order to be even half the size of the order Galen placed, but we shall see. We have 13 and counting after one week. I do not believe they were getting a product discount for volume anyway. I am pretty sure it was just beneficial to order together to reduce the shipping costs. I wish to have you ship them to the state of Virginia and we can work on the unit cost and freight charges once we finalize the order amount.

Please let me know as soon as you can if we can make this happen and I appreciate your time. Also, thank you for making this filter. The Tiger 800 really needs it!

Thanks,

Macon Powers

804-513-4057 (USA)

AND the exchange rate of the dollars is down for us a little now too. Only @ 2 cents on the dollar, but I am not liking these increases. I knew I could not really nail down a future price for you guys, but I did not see this coming. Let's wait and see what Bec can do for us. We will discuss, if needed, at that point. Have a good weekend guys! And you West Coasters better get out and enjoy that nice weather!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #225
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

I'm still in no matter what they decide. Still better than buying it individually and the Tiger does need it.