Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #31
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Thanks! I'm sure I can find a panel trader here somewhere. Colour goes the same with bike and exhaust choices. We have dull, quiet bikes and tend to observe things more. Others like blinding chrome with deafening engine noises that are an assault to the senses. "Look at me!! Vroom! I'm cool!' We prefer the sublety of passing those types when their heads are turned (looking for admirers) without them even realizing we were there. To each his own, ride and let ride.
Yes, that's my approach too. If people are interested in the bike and want to talk to me, that can be pleasant, but I prefer to keep a low profile and pass unnoticed.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #32
Reaver OP
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
That sucks man, my wife just went through a serious wrist break and it took forever to heal. Make sure she does all the physio, hope she heals up fast. Looks like you've got a keeper there.

Yes thanks. Between our Healthcare system and work benefits, we're only out about a grand in Hospital parking lot fees . It's physio 3x a week now. I'm not a big believer in alternative medicine but after 4 sessions of accupuncture, she got her sense of smell back. Then she complained about the rank garbage smell in the garage while sitting on the new red bike!

We're planning on riding out your way for the next big trip. Helps keep her focused on recovery. It's so nice having a riding partner that I trust who doesn't slow me down. On our last trip to the East Coast she says "Why stop, we're already soaked?" Awesome. I'd hate to lose that.

No snow here yet. Just have to get hers to the shop for certification now!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #33
CanadianGS
GS'n

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Yes thanks. Between our Healthcare system and work benefits, we're only out about a grand in Hospital parking lot fees .!
LOL, Ya I here you on that one...
CanadianGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #34
nbk3
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Yes thanks. Between our Healthcare system and work benefits, we're only out about a grand in Hospital parking lot fees . It's physio 3x a week now. I'm not a big believer in alternative medicine but after 4 sessions of accupuncture, she got her sense of smell back. Then she complained about the rank garbage smell in the garage while sitting on the new red bike!

We're planning on riding out your way for the next big trip. Helps keep her focused on recovery. It's so nice having a riding partner that I trust who doesn't slow me down. On our last trip to the East Coast she says "Why stop, we're already soaked?" Awesome. I'd hate to lose that.

No snow here yet. Just have to get hers to the shop for certification now!
very true. my partner cant ride, but loves it when we go for rides and i do appreciate my lass whom shares the love of the road.

hope ur girl gets well soon!
nbk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
HeyWhatever
HTFU !

Oddometer: 229
WOW! I am glad you are not in the hole for your healthcare! I live in America, so I have been raked over the coals more than once. Hope you find your new body parts... for the bike that is!

Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #36
Reaver OP
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyWhatever View Post
WOW! I am glad you are not in the hole for your healthcare! I live in America, so I have been raked over the coals more than once.
Well, I don't want to rub it in...but I claimed the parking and the mileage for follow up visits and 24 hr care. We tend not to sue here and are reasonably compensated for getting things back to normal. Canada isn't perfect but it sure is nice.

Thanks for the wishes, we're waiting for spring now. Both bikes serviced and ready to go.