User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #31
pharen
Pharen

Oddometer: 7
We met at the Chinese Wall

Hey man, it's great to see you finished your trip. I was part of the dirt bike crew that met you at the Chinese Wall. Your trip looks like it was epic. We made it down to the highway between Fairfield and Mountain Home with no big hickups other than a few flat tires and a blown radiator hose. With the raging fire near featherville, we had the whole area to ourselves. We ended up doing around 250 miles on the trip and almost all of it was on single track. If I get ambitious, I'll do a trip report sometime. Great to see your pics. Stellar ride.

Best,

Faren
pharen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #32
OrangeYZ OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Great to hear you got through your trip and had a good time too! I suppose the BMW guys probably got through fine too if they didn't try to go down French Creek. If they did... Hoo Boy!

Hopefully there's something left of the Featherville area to do another trip out there next year.

As for pictures on the return trip, I took one:

This is an old railroad trestle, I think between Lewiston and Grangeville. My mom took some pictures of Hells Canyon, but I was more interested in getting home and playing with some dogs.

There, now it's complete

Side note: the Hess Grade Road from Snake River to the top of Hells Canyon is perfectly doable by pick up truck, unless your passenger is scared shitless of heights and can see what the road does a mile before to get to it. In which case you're turning around at the first switchback!

Two weeks is a long enough break for this traveler.
Taking off for Yellowstone with my sister in about 4 hours. Probably not doing a ride report since my truck has too many wheels and you all know what Yellowstone looks like anyways.
OrangeYZ is offline   Reply With Quote