ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
fv9 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
$5699 for 2015 DR650S?

Pro Calber in Vancouver quoted me a best price of $5699+$499 freight/setup+tax/title. All in that'll be around $6800 OTD. 0% financing as well. While I could pay cash, kinda nice to have free money.

Anyhow, thoughts on the price? Thanks!!!
fv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
Trinity_Session
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
$499 for freight and setup? Seems kinda high to me.
Trinity_Session is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
sultanofslide
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
They will try to get you to pay more once you are in the middle of the deal, Bro Caliber is a terrible dealer. I would recommend getting a quote from Bob Landphere Beaverton Honda and a few other places around Portland first before you pull the trigger there.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
fv9 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanofslide View Post
They will try to get you to pay more once you are in the middle of the deal, Bro Caliber is a terrible dealer. I would recommend getting a quote from Bob Landphere Beaverton Honda and a few other places around Portland first before you pull the trigger there.
Thanks. Pro Caliber is closer which is why I spoke to them. Hillsboro advertised that price and they said they would match it.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
fv9 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity_Session View Post
$499 for freight and setup? Seems kinda high to me.
Agreed. Figured I would try and work that down a bit.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,450
Why buy a new DR when they have not changed in years? You can get a very low mile clean ones for almost half the cost, some with some nice mods too.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Czechplease
uncategorizeable

Oddometer: 359
I've got a pal with a 2013 DR650S that has only 2,710mi. on it. He bought it new in Dec 2013. I was with him for virtually all of them and most of those were easy, pavement-touring type miles. Bike's never been down or tipped over. It's always slept indoors and he's afraid of riding in the rain so it's only seen a few wet miles.

It has an Acerbis 5gal tank (clear) and the factory takeoff, Acerbis handguards, bar risers, Seat Concepts seat, and a custom pannier rack he fabbed up, but other'n that, it's stock.

He wants $5k (firm). Send me a PM if you're interested with your contact info. and I'll have him give you a call. (bike resides in Cottage Grove, OR)
Old 05-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #8
fv9 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Why buy a new DR when they have not changed in years? You can get a very low mile clean ones for almost half the cost, some with some nice mods too.
Have been looking but nothing showing up.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #9
fv9 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechplease View Post
I've got a pal with a 2013 DR650S that has only 2,710mi. on it. He bought it new in Dec 2013. I was with him for virtually all of them and most of those were easy, pavement-touring type miles. Bike's never been down or tipped over. It's always slept indoors and he's afraid of riding in the rain so it's only seen a few wet miles.

It has an Acerbis 5gal tank (clear) and the factory takeoff, Acerbis handguards, bar risers, Seat Concepts seat, and a custom pannier rack he fabbed up, but other'n that, it's stock.

He wants $5k (firm). Send me a PM if you're interested with your contact info. and I'll have him give you a call. (bike resides in Cottage Grove, OR)
Couldn't hurt. Thanks! Ill PM my # and email if he has pics.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #10
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
^^^ Exactly, keep looking for a well sorted used 1, even a fly & ride. Bloody dealers & their fees, it's bulls hit & you won't get them down any...maybe a free pen if you're lucky.
He'll that's alot of money for a DR, if you do buy new, look into something maybe a bit bigger & more comfortable for touring etc. Ahh each to there own I spose, just my 2 cents. Good luck.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #11
Almost There
Up, up, and away

Oddometer: 349
I would walk in with a wallet full of cash and see what their real price is.

I always buy used but I suppose somebody needs to buy new first.

I picked up my damn near spotless 05 that was ready for adventure for $3100 a couple years ago. Just keep your eyes open for a deal.
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #12
phreakingeek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
I've bought 2 new DR's over the years, both were just under MSRP OTD. So, at $6800 I think you can do a little better.

Maybe I'm a dissenting vote for new, but knowing that I planned to keep my DR's for the long term (the 2009 was totaled and replaced with a 2012) I wanted to put the miles on and be sure of what maintenance was done.

I know a couple guys who bought used DR's for half what I paid and had thousands of trouble free miles...and sold them for almost what they paid.

So, the case can be made for new or used, as long as you are an informed buyer and not in a hurry. Patience is your friend on this deal.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
phreakingeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #13
sector
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,891
Consider looking up North

I just bought a 2013 with 2600 Km (not Miles!) for $4700 CAD from a dealer in Langley (Vancouver, BC). It came with a Sargent Seat, rest stock. At this moment, that translates to $3901 USD.

sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 19,380
Quote:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 4,089
Edited...

Actually, it appears they are selling it close to MSRP, you just have tax and title added to come up with the $6800. We don't have tax in Oregon, so I was missing that part of it.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.

acesandeights screwed with this post 05-10-2015 at 02:34 PM
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote