ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 03:43 AM   #1
missb303 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
WA in October

I will be in Washington, mid October and am thinking about sneaking in some trail time while I am there. Will the weather still be decent? I'm looking to ride easy to moderate single track, as I will more than likely be by myself, and would appreciate some suggestions on where to ride. My dirt bike is street legal, mostly.
missb303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #2
layzrider
Layzrider

Oddometer: 116
will it rain in october?

Probably. Takes care of the dust. We try to time our rides in between rainy periods. It is generally cooler but not real cold. Where will you be staying. If people know that, they can direct you to riding areas.
layzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,012
Early October can be hit or miss with the weather. The east side of the mountains is more likely to be reliable, but a freak early snowstorm might shut things down prematurely.

Where will you be based?
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
missb303 OP
Adventurer

I'm going hunting in an area north of Wenatchee, but if it wraps up early I will end up in Tacoma for the remainder of my time there. I should have a few days available, so I'm okay travelling across the state to ride.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by missb303 View Post
I'm going hunting in an area north of Wenatchee, but if it wraps up early I will end up in Tacoma for the remainder of my time there. I should have a few days available, so I'm okay travelling across the state to ride.

There's lots of riding near Wenatchee and north. 1911fan or one of the other central WA regulars will chime in soon with recommendations, I'm sure

As for Tacoma, you're not far from Belfair/Tahuya and Capitol Forest -- both are ORVs
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Eldon
950 ADV

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
As for Tacoma, you're not far from Belfair/Tahuya and Capitol Forest -- both are ORVs
I'm 15 minutes from Capital Forest if you find yourself in Tacoma. Although Capital Forest does close for the winter starting October 31st I believe. They may have pushed it out till the end of November now that I'm thinking about it. What is your skill level/experience?

06 YZ250 Smoker
00 KTM LC-4 - Sold
93 CR125 - Sold
89 CR80 - Sold
84 XR80 - Sold
74 Honda MR50 - Sold and I wish I hadn't
Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #7
missb303 OP
Adventurer

This is my third season riding - so I'm honing my skills and gaining confidence. I ride mostly intermediate/blue trails here and will tackle expert trails with guidance.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:26 AM   #8
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,630
Devil's Gulch Trail. Or the WABDR, from here to Chelan, fun day ride. You can go up behind Cashmere and ride trails for days, too.
Where will you be hunting?

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,247
I second devils gulch... Also should ride Mad River up from leavenworth and check out the two lookouts if they aren't snowed in by then. Both trails are a easy-intermediate level... Lots of side trails that can be hard though. Post up again before you go, there are usually people to ride with
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #10
missb303 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Devil's Gulch Trail. Or the WABDR, from here to Chelan, fun day ride. You can go up behind Cashmere and ride trails for days, too.
Where will you be hunting?

1911fan
I will look those up.

I'm waiting to here back on the where... apparently the usual spot near Carlton may have gone up in flames.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:22 AM   #11
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,630
Probably did, over 250,000 acres burned. Fire is contained, thanks to the weather and some rain, though still burning within the perimeter. I'd be looking hard at Plan B right now.
Mrs1911fan and i are going up north and east to look for whitetails. She won't eat mule deer.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #12
missb303 OP
Adventurer

This is my first time hunting and I'm going with my Dad. I can't wait! I'm just glad I made it out to camp with him a few years ago to see his favorite area. I was a litte heart broken to hear about the fire. I'm glad they are getting it contained. I just hope we are able to go and that I get my first deer while I am there.

Once I know of where I'll be, I'll post it in here. I'd like to check out the trails in my home state. The last time I took my bike, I tore a tendon in my foot unloading it... 30 minutes after I had arrived. lol