User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
Strominit OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Down payment on a '14 GS

Gonna take the plunge later on today and put a deposit down and order a new '14 GS. Before I do, any last minute advice? I think it's the technology and touring package that I'm going to add to the base..which includes: ABS, traction control, computer, heated grips, electronic cruise, GPS prep, TPM, LED light, etc. Is there anything else that you recommend? I think I'm going to have them wire my conspicuity lights (Denali DX), install a fuse block/terminal, and include an adapter for my Gerbings Heated Jacket. I like the Denali's at half the price of the Clearwaters. I have the Denali's on my current bike. I don't want to screw around with electrical stuff. No that I can't, I just don't want to on a new expensive bike. I'll put the bags/cases on myself and any other farkles..down the road. The MSRP is $20,015. I doubt the dealer will take any off of that price since these things are flying off the dealer lots. But, should the dealer throw any incentives in? Labor? Service? Oh, one last thing, can a dealer put on some kind of modulating brake light (that flashes initially when the brake is depressed)? Any brand that you recommend? Thanks again. Big day for me.
Strominit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Slingshott
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Thumb

Congrats on the new bike. I have 13 GS and love it. Only thing I can add is that I tried to have a Admore brake light put on at Twisted Throttle in Rhode Island. They could not get it to work. Something was changed with the CanBus from 12 to 13 and Admore doesnt have a brake light for it yet. They did mount DX's on my crash bars and installed a Stebel...(spelling) horn, which is great. Stock horn sounds like crap. Good luck!!!
Slingshott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
mefly2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Congrats!
Touratech: Upper Crash Bars, big foot, pannier rack, ZegaPro panniers;
Fuzeblock, Rigid Dually D2 + yellow covers; Wunderlich bar risers w/ Q-adjust
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
nadredrum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
I would call around, I have had issues getting the one I ordered. I found one just like it at a different dealer in stock with a 1200 discount. With luck I will pick it up Thursday evening. There are bikes coming in that people have backed out on.
nadredrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,657
Most every dealer will offer some kind of discount on accessories. I got 15% or 20% off any item they had in stock or could order for 30 days after I bought my bike. Some dealers will throw in a first service, it depends on the dealer I guess or how well your negotiating skills are. I'd certainly take my business elsewhere if they aren't willing to give you a discount on accessories.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote