User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,518
The maximum track length allowed in the 60csx is 500 points per track. If it's longer, the GPS will truncate it. You have to filter each track down to less that 500 points. In mapsouce it's super easy, but I don't know for Basecamp.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Jerry has two sets of track files. the raw is the un filtered tracks try the other one. He has done all the hard work of filtering for us. The file must be in GPX format and be less then 20 tracks of 500 points or less each
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdog View Post
Jerry has two sets of track files. the raw is the un filtered tracks try the other one. He has done all the hard work of filtering for us. The file must be in GPX format and be less then 20 tracks of 500 points or less each
Not quite true!

I did that for CDR but not for O-BCDT (yet). Roman will have to filter the tracks he wants to use down to 500 points.

I also don't know how to do it in BC however the 60 will also do it:
1) Rename the track in question as "ACTIVE LOG"
2) Clear Active Log in 60
3) Download track in question with new name.
4) Save Track in 60, rename it to what you want, set Color, Check the "Show on Map" box.

You are ready to go but you shuld also upload the saved track back to PC for backup.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Thats what I get for posting without going back and checking first.
I used Jerrys files for both routes 3 and 5. I must have split them up myself .
And if I can do it anyone can figure it out.
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
[/QUOTE]And if I can do it anyone can figure it out.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think of myself as not a complete idiot but this is just not working for me. I manualy dumbed down the track from 2,000 points down to 494 and got it onto the gps. Unfortunately I may have lost crucial turns, etc... There is no overlay map in my Basecamp so I can't actually see any of the trails/roads. And even though my gps came with mapsource on the 100K topo disc and can't install cuz I got a mac.

On another note I downloaded MotionX-GPS and imported Jerry's track with absolutely no problems. Now I have the map overlaying satellite images on my iphone. I know it is not as reliable but this combined with the paper maps I should be okay. And I did install the Burns Moto USB port on my bike so I can charge the iPhone.

Totally off topic but just to prove that I am not completely inept.....I just finished building my racks last night and dropped them off at the powder coat shop this morning. They are going to turn it around in one day so I'm ready to ride in the morning.

Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Is that a license frame from Craig Fator's in Redding CA? Sold him a lot of Enduro Clocks in he 80's. It was a Husky dealer and I think Terry Rust had an interest in it.

Another option if you are only doing 1 or 2 routes is to just break the Active Log into 500 point pieces as lont as you have less than 500x20=10,000 points total.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #22
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

That's funny Jerry. I just picked the bike up out of northern california a few weeks ago so I really couldn't tell you but the guy was just outside of Redding.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Honestly, I don't know how to break up the tracks. I spent a good bit of time on Basecamp the other night and the search function is worthless and I can not find any editing features whatsoever. I can open a list of all track points and individually delete ones that I don't want but that is about it. Other than that I can turn a track into a route which seems to be totally worthless as well.

And then, once I have finished editing the track; I can't even find a way to save what I have done. All I can do is send it to the garmin. I am strongly considering selling this unit and just picking up a new 62 model so that I have current software and will get some support from garmin. Maybe even go to REI and take a class or something.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #24
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Romanousky;19534882]Honestly, I don't know how to break up the tracks. I spent a good bit of time on Basecamp the other night .

I am strongly considering selling this unit and just picking up a new 62 model so that I have current software and will get some support from garmin. /QUOTE]

You are confusing PC Software with GPS unit! Your problem is with BaseCamp. If you had MapSource, many of us could hdlp you. I know BaseCamp has a track split tool and a track join tool.

Getting a 62 wouldn't really help except you can download 2,000 point tracks. You will still have to edit them and name them.

Start a new thread asking for BaseCamp help editing tracks.