Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #391
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
As promised, here is the link to the new thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=885157

I'll be posting there with anything and everything that has to do with the new trip (including the routes and preparations). See you there

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #392
gssurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Great ride report! looking forward to part two!
gssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #393
Richer385
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Yyyyeeehhhhaaa!!!

Hey Gus, we are excited about this new ride, I hope all goes well, we'll wait your reports and photographs. Greetings from Costa Rica.

Richer385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #394
sc00tertrash
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Awesome ride report!

Stumbled upon your ride report and really enjoyed it. Great combination of writing and photography. Looking forward to the next one.

Are you going to load the bikes in the back of the truck, or tow them in a trailer behind the truck? I have an F250 (probably about the same tailgate height as your raptor) and I've never found a great way to load a street bike in or out of it. I've tried ramps, but I've never really found a easy and reliable method of doing it. Just curious if you have found a good way to load/unload them.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #395
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer385 View Post
Hey Gus, we are excited about this new ride, I hope all goes well, we'll wait your reports and photographs. Greetings from Costa Rica.

Thanks Richer. Good to hear from you

Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #396
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00tertrash View Post
Stumbled upon your ride report and really enjoyed it. Great combination of writing and photography. Looking forward to the next one.

Are you going to load the bikes in the back of the truck, or tow them in a trailer behind the truck? I have an F250 (probably about the same tailgate height as your raptor) and I've never found a great way to load a street bike in or out of it. I've tried ramps, but I've never really found a easy and reliable method of doing it. Just curious if you have found a good way to load/unload them.

Thanks
We bought a few 9' ramps. Three actually. One is 17" wide and the other two are 11" wide. I'm with you as far as finding a reliable way to load the bikes. I know they sell some really wide ramps, but storing them in and out of the truck would be a huge pain in the ass. with these I can put the three ramps side-by-side and ride the bikes up (the 9' ramps makes a huge difference). I have yet to load the streetfighters, but I've loaded and unloaded the dual-sports with no problem. And although the dual-sports are lighter, my Husqvarna is a lot taller than the SF and doesn't have as much torque. So getting the SF's on there will be no problem.

If you want more info on the ramps I bought just send me a PM.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #397
sc00tertrash
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
We bought a few 9' ramps. Three actually. One is 17" wide and the other two are 11" wide. I'm with you as far as finding a reliable way to load the bikes. I know they sell some really wide ramps, but storing them in and out of the truck would be a huge pain in the ass. with these I can put the three ramps side-by-side and ride the bikes up (the 9' ramps makes a huge difference). I have yet to load the streetfighters, but I've loaded and unloaded the dual-sports with no problem. And although the dual-sports are lighter, my Husqvarna is a lot taller than the SF and doesn't have as much torque. So getting the SF's on there will be no problem.

If you want more info on the ramps I bought just send me a PM.
Thanks for the info. I think I might need to invest in more/better ramps, Im using a much narrower and shorter ramp.

The last time I had to load my r1150r into my truck I snuck over and used the K-Mart loading dock after they were closed. They had ramp/blocks to back my truck up on, and a hydraulic lift-gate to lower into the bed. It made the process really easy.

Cheers!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #398
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00tertrash View Post
Thanks for the info. I think I might need to invest in more/better ramps, Im using a much narrower and shorter ramp.

The last time I had to load my r1150r into my truck I snuck over and used the K-Mart loading dock after they were closed. They had ramp/blocks to back my truck up on, and a hydraulic lift-gate to lower into the bed. It made the process really easy.

Cheers!
That's funny. We drove past a loading dock down the street the other night and backed the truck up to see if that would work. It was too high, so ramps it is.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #399
jrsndman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
That's funny. We drove past a loading dock down the street the other night and backed the truck up to see if that would work. It was too high, so ramps it is.
A ramp down is easier than a ramp up from the ground.
jrsndman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #400
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I did video (in 4 parts) of our trip last year and never posted it because youtube was being such a PITA about the music. Because of it, I had to set it to private. If anyone is interested in seeing it just send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you so you can view it.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #401
Richer385
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hey Gus, its everithing ok??

Hi Gus, how are you? what has happened to you guys? have spent many days without knowing travel plans or travel. is everything okay?

greetings!

Richer385 is offline   Reply With Quote