User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Cougar8000 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
AME Heated Grips

This grips are thicker then your regular stock grips. Each grip is individually controlled allowing you to adjust each side based on how you feel. They carry an outstanding warranty and draw very little power from the bike

They draw 3.6 amp to bring the heat in combined. Once they come up to heat amp drops to do about 1.7-1.7. Same goes for Watt 44 vs 22. These numbers for both grips combined.

You can still use your Throttle Rocker as it still fits over it even so they are thicker then stock. BTW. I also started to carry Throttle Rocker and have them in stock ready to go. If you purchase AME grips and a Throttle Rocker at the same time price on the rocker will be adjusted to $8.00

Almost forgot to mention the BEST part of this grips.

Internal Sensor monitors battery power level and will automatically shut off the grips if battery power is too low.

P.S. Please be aware of that throttle side AME grip is only 4.75" long.

https://mishacycles.com/store/AME-Heated-Grips.html

here are the pics of these grips installed on my 2006 FZ1

Installing clutch side I have decided to modify palstic box a bit to help hide the wire.

clutch side is seating flush with the plastic box. In the pic above I pulled it out to show the opening.

Throttle side

In this pic you see on/off switch at about 3:30 it was an original install. After riding like this I need to turn the grips so the switch will be at around 1 when throttle is not in use so when it is in use I can clearly see the LED.

Wire routing on the throttle side

In the summer. All I have to do is unplug here and install non heated version

I am using Joe Rocket GPX leather racing gloves. Before these grips I had to get MUCH warmer and bulkier gloves when temps dropped below 65 as I cannot stand cold.

First ride was in 63 degree weather and I have decided to set them for level 5. 15 min into the ride I was burning the palms of my hands that is how HOT these grips got. From that point on I have been using then at level 3 and only when temp dropped in low 40th I went to 4. I do not think I will be using 5 until 30th.

Even on the hwy with cold wind I was still ok in these thin leather gloves which is highly unlikely for me.

Another most impressive future of these grips is the way they are contoured. Most grips are flat, where are these grips are contoured to fit the palm of your hand just RIGHT. They provide nice finish and allow perfect control of the grips.

Side note. After riding my friends Multistrada with factory heated grips I really missed MY grips Multi grips are basically the same design as any other heated grips. No padding and flat surface. Plus, they did not provide nearly as much heat as AME grips do.

I do have a stock of them and they ready to go. Just for registering and selecting ADVrider as your membership level, you will get an additional 3% off.
Cougar8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Blueshark
Coastal Castaway

Oddometer: 146
Nice heated grips

I installed these a couple of months ago on a Kawasaki Versys 650. Very happy with them. No controller box needed, wiring is simple plug-n-play, and they heat up quickly. The grips are comfy too.