Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #511
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRiding View Post
The list is only for people that live in the Rockies Region.
Yep...I tried to get in on that list...was told my kind were not welcome in it (midwesterners).

I added one to my registration, looks like the wife will be riding this summer.
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #512
TXjames
High Sider

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by winchester3030 View Post
I'm in .! first time to this event look forward to the ride and meeting new friends See ya there .! Chip..
Let the de-newbification commence!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #513
gjcarving
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
I'm in .! first time to this event look forward to the ride and meeting new friends See ya there .! Chip..

Welcome from a fellow New Mexican. My first time out there also. Look forward to meeting you!
gjcarving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #514
Off Road USA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Where online can I go to get my off road sticker for colorado ,I have New Mexico plates ? or will they be available at trhe event ? Thanks..
Off Road USA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #515
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Where online can I go to get my off road sticker for colorado ,I have New Mexico plates ? or will they be available at trhe event ? Thanks..

It just depends upon what you will be riding, if you will need a sticker. If the route is designated as OHV, then you need a sticker. If someone is on a GSA or SuperT, and you are riding pavement and county roads/Forest Service roads, you don't need a sticker.

Stickers will be available at Red Mountain for $25.50.

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #516
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Nice pic from Saltydog....... The RMAR Rendezvous BaseCamp......Silverton, CO, Red Mountain RV, Cabins and Motel.

Cant wait to ride the area!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #517
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
The Stickers are another way of supporting the sport that we know and love. It is a funding source for trails and trail maintenance in the state, AND perhaps most importantly, a small portion of the fee for the sticker goes to Search and Rescue "Insurance". If the local Search and Rescue organization is mobilized to come find/get you out, the associated costs of that effort are covered by the State.

Here is a description taken from a State Web site:
"The fund reimburses on actual operating expenses incurred by local governments and
teams during search and rescue missions. Those expenses include reasonable costs
incidental to SAR activities such as: fuel, repair and rental of motor vehicles, fixed-wing
aircraft, helicopters (when used for search and/or rescue not medical evacuation),
snowmobiles, boats, horses, generators and any other equipment necessary or
appropriate for conducting SAR activities; reimbursement of mileage at the appropriate
state rate; meals and room rental for personnel and any other similar expenses."
Old 06-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #518
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

$18.50 of each $25.50 goes back to the OHV fund.....where grants are awarded for trail maintenance. Local clubs apply for the grants and then do the work.....on a volunteer basis. The money usually provides materials and equipment, sometimes labor.

Makes our trails awesome!

But yes.....you buy a sticker and it is a cheap insurance policy against a potential, very expensive extraction bill, if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
The Stickers are another way of supporting the sport that we know and love. It is a funding source for trails and trail maintenance in the state, AND perhaps most importantly, a small portion of the fee for the sticker goes to Search and Rescue "Insurance". If the local Search and Rescue organization is mobilized to come find/get you out, the associated costs of that effort are covered by the State.

"The fund reimburses on actual operating expenses incurred by local governments and
teams during search and rescue missions. Those expenses include reasonable costs
incidental to SAR activities such as: fuel, repair and rental of motor vehicles, fixed-wing
aircraft, helicopters (when used for search and/or rescue not medical evacuation),
appropriate for conducting SAR activities; reimbursement of mileage at the appropriate
state rate; meals and room rental for personnel and any other similar expenses."
Old 06-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #519
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post

Remember RMAR is a fund raising event and I would say don't just look at us as this great deal of an event that only cost $60. It be nice to see 200 riders whether they ride trails or stick to graded dirt roads or slab it fork out $25.25 for the stickers. Imagine if 200 riders did that at our event that is $5,050 extra raised going straight to trail maintenance.

If I remember correct Jim at Red Mountain where we are located has stickers to sell. I think everyone that shows up should be in a mood to open their pockets a little. Seriously $25.25 is nothing no matter how you feel about the OHV stickers. Remember our events also show the Town and Government official's our events are serious in trying to KEEP our trails open...so an influx in stickers being bought during one of our events says "hey this group gave back beyond what they already pledged to do".

So stop being CHEAP and buy the sticker. By the way Colorado is cracking down on vehicle son 50" or smaller trails (ATV to Single track). So $25.25 for a sticker where you are happy when buying it or being stopped and ticketed for $75 for not having it and making you mad.

Again BUY THE STICKER
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #520
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,348
I'm in, haven't missed one yet! (just finished paying and registering via the RMAR website)

_Magoo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #521
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
I'm in, haven't missed one yet! (just finished paying and registering via the RMAR website)

Same here!

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #522
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Don't forget.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Just a friendly reminder from the resident hippy. There will be one hell of a great band playing at the Grand Imperial Hotel on Friday the 26th. You all
should stop in and check them out. The bass player needs your cover charge to buy more motorcycle stuff and gas for the chainsaws that he uses to clear the local trails.

Just Sayin..
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #523
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Everyone remember that the San Juan 500 is on the front end of the week.......

We only have a few slots left......

Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders is proud to announce, new for 2013, the San Juan 500. The SJ500 is a point-to-point ride ending in Silverton, CO, just in time to join the RMAR Rendezvous. Both events will occur on the same week, allowing riders to participate in both, one after the other.

This is a three day / three night smaller version of the CAM 1000, but is open to the mid-weight adventure bikes in the 650-990cc class, as well as smaller, street-legal dual-sports. We’ll carry our gear and camp in high-country campgrounds. No sag wagon on this ride.

If you are interested in participating and would like more information, email Mac.

July 22-25, 2013 – San Juan 500:

Event: 2013 RMAR San Juan 500
Dates: July 22-25, 2013
Base camp: Red Mountain RV, Silverton, CO
Fundraising: This event will help support groups preserving our sport in SW Colorado
Event Leader: Matt McCabe, Operations Director and VP of RMAR (Mac on ADV)

Route: 3.5 Days (3 nights) of 500+ Miles of Primarily Off-Pavement Riding, Point to Point, around southwestern Colorado. We're starting and ending in Silverton, Colorado, just in time to start the 2013
RMAR Rendezvous.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #524
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,381
In! Really looking forward to this one. Hoping to scout/clear some trails Sunday in preparation and help the cause!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #525
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,482
Anyone have a spare bed available in a camping cabin or RV? I'd gladly pay my fair share. It's looking like my schedule may be fairly clear for July, and I'd really like to ride some of the 4x4 trails in the area that I never did in my 4x4.

_CJ screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 09:01 PM
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote