Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #586
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Mustang View Post
Also, I have a KLX 300, which is a decent powered liquid-cooled trail bike, but it's not street legal. Also, it has a very weak subframe; it's already bent. If I put extra gas and stuff on the back, I'm sure the subframe will break.

I could make the 300 street legal, but don't really want to do all that work and pay taxes, for just one trip.

Y'all think I'll be much happier on a 300 cc then a 200 cc, in the mountains of Colorado?
KLX's do fine up in the mountains
Old 06-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #587
73Mustang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post
Wow, looks like you were really hauling a load. Looks like yours is the S model. I think the S has a beefed up subframe for pillon passenger.

Mine is the R model. It's not rated for passenger. I would need to hire a metal fabricator to beef up the subframe.
73Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #588
Tellydoug
Troubador of joy

Oddometer: 6,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post

Ummmm....

and they're real easy to take apart in campgrounds too, right?

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde
Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #589
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellydoug View Post
Ummmm....

and they're real easy to take apart in campgrounds too, right?

Pics or it never happened.

That which has been seen........

Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #590
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Mustang View Post
Wow, looks like you were really hauling a load. Looks like yours is the S model. I think the S has a beefed up subframe for pillon passenger.

Mine is the R model. It's not rated for passenger. I would need to hire a metal fabricator to beef up the subframe.
depends on how much abuse the bike itself is subject to while loaded.

Pooooooooooor little KLX became pooooooor for a reason, but subframe held out way longer than the 3 cylinder liners did.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #591
Old_Lion
Crotchety Biker

Oddometer: 2,990
Copied from first post
"1. RMAR is Chartered AMA Group, based out of Colorado Springs, CO
2. RMAR is a non-profit corporation in the state of Colorado
3. The RMAR Board of Directors and Representatives are 100% volunteer
4. The Mission of RMAR is:
A) Positively impact and influence the lives of those that ride with us, respecting each other and supporting one another.
B) Promote Dual-Sport/Adventure Motorcycle Events in the Rocky Mountain Region with a focus on responsible and respectable behavior and riding on our public lands and in the local communities, adhering to all the AMA policies and requirements.
C) Support fund-raisers fro state and/or local trail riding clubs or associations/coalitions/alliances that champion our sport and/or fight legislatively/politically for public land access for motorcycling.
5. Over 80% of all donations are routed into trail work and/or advocacy.

RMAR isn't like those high dollar, for-profit adventure riding companies.....We are living to give and keep our sport alive. We want our kids and grand kids to be able to ride. "

ARE DONATIONS TAX DEDUCTIBLE?

George

Plug and Plug.
Old_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #592
Hawk
Banned

Oddometer: 16,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Lion View Post
Copied from first post
A) Positively impact and influence the lives of those that ride with us, respecting each other and supporting one another.
B) Promote Dual-Sport/Adventure Motorcycle Events in the Rocky Mountain Region with a focus on responsible and respectable behavior and riding on our public lands and in the local communities, adhering to all the AMA policies and requirements.
C) Support fund-raisers fro state and/or local trail riding clubs or associations/coalitions/alliances that champion our sport and/or fight legislatively/politically for public land access for motorcycling.

RMAR isn't like those high dollar, for-profit adventure riding companies.....We are living to give and keep our sport alive. We want our kids and grand kids to be able to ride. "

George
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #593
Knighthawk
Sofa King Bueno

Oddometer: 21,867
Quote:
Copied from first post

George
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

"Make sure you got clean underwear," Mom always said. I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older, I see there's a lot you can't control and some you can control and clean underwear is one of those you can...for the most part.
Knighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #594
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Ride

I get a whole week for training in the area for the Rally Ride with a guide who's been out there several times ---this ought to be interesting

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #595
Knighthawk
Sofa King Bueno

Oddometer: 21,867
Knightwork

"Make sure you got clean underwear," Mom always said. I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older, I see there's a lot you can't control and some you can control and clean underwear is one of those you can...for the most part.
Knighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #596
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,111
Quote:
Copied from first post

George

Thanks for the question, George.

Short answer - donations to RMAR are not tax deductable, not yet anyway.

Longer - We've only been incorporated as a non-profit for just over a year. We're working closely with COHVCO and TPA (and their lawyers) to determine whether the expense and hassle of 501c3 requirements are worth it. We would love to extend the tax benefits to you, but we have to balance that with how much we wouldn't be able to give back due to the extra costs. In due time, we hope to be able to offer tax deductable benefits against your donations.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #597
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwork View Post
I get a whole week for training in the area for the Rally Ride with a guide who's been out there several times ---this ought to be interesting

Really? Who's your "guide"?!?!?
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #598
Old_Lion
Crotchety Biker

Oddometer: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Thanks for the question, George.

Short answer - donations to RMAR are not tax deductable, not yet anyway.

Longer - We've only been incorporated as a non-profit for just over a year. We're working closely with COHVCO and TPA (and their lawyers) to determine whether the expense and hassle of 501c3 requirements are worth it. We would love to extend the tax benefits to you, but we have to balance that with how much we wouldn't be able to give back due to the extra costs. In due time, we hope to be able to offer tax deductable benefits against your donations.
Thanks for the explanation.

http://cohvco.org/content.aspx?page_...dule_id=111686

"COHVCO is currently a 501(c)4 Corporation. Those donations are NOT tax-deductable."

IRS

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-P...-Organizations

Looks like a path strewn with hurdles, considering that the Cincinnati office of the IRS targets Organizations applying for 501(c) status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization

George

Plug and Plug.
Old_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #599
hiinthesky
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Itinerary for the 2013 RMAR Rendezvous

I"m having a hard time finding any itinerary for the 2013 RMAR Rendezvous Rally. This is my first rally so I dont really know the flow of things.
I guess one should plan to arrive on Wednesday July 23 expecting to do rally rides on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and then leave anytime on Sunday?
I will be riding the Trans-America Trail (TAT) just days ahead of the RMAR rally and will try to plan on being in Silverton on Wednesday.
I'm guessing that in the mornings and/or afternoons one would just try to hook up with other riders and hit a trail or is it a bit more structured as in sign up sheets for different trials for a curtain amount of riders ect.

Bruce
Topeka, KS
hiinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #600
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiinthesky View Post
I"m having a hard time finding any itinerary for the 2013 RMAR Rendezvous Rally. This is my first rally so I dont really know the flow of things.
I guess one should plan to arrive on Wednesday July 23 expecting to do rally rides on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and then leave anytime on Sunday?
I will be riding the Trans-America Trail (TAT) just days ahead of the RMAR rally and will try to plan on being in Silverton on Wednesday.
I'm guessing that in the mornings and/or afternoons one would just try to hook up with other riders and hit a trail or is it a bit more structured as in sign up sheets for different trials for a curtain amount of riders ect.

Bruce
Topeka, KS
Basicly just show up, suit up, bullshit with people and you'll find the ride you wanna go on. If not theres always just taking off solo like, chances are you'll meet up with a group out on the road/trails etc... rinse and repeat for a few days...

Of course there's always Johns "big bike easy ride"