Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #886
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,103
Regarding the Rendezvous moniker, they're right, the original Rendezvous we tried to fashion our event after is Jim Bridger's Rendezvous in southwest Wyoming.

That is the original. All others are in respect to Bridger.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #887
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Leigh I want to camp you and Dusty and Norm for at least one night if not two. Bob
Leaving in a couple hours, all loaded up. Just got to finish a couple of the honey do list items and I am outta here!
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #888
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
It's really amazing how immature some people can be. Here we are putting together an event that will raise funds to continue the fight to keep our trails open; something that would benefit even this failed commentator, and yet, there is this thread crapping.
Yes, it's sad when someone trolls...

It's a word...in fact I assumed they were making a joke that went over poorly *shrug*
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #889
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
No trolling here.

The Eastern Rendezvous is the epitome of what an ADV rally should be. "A loosely organized gathering of like minded riders". Not a full on corporate sponsored event with a political agenda.

The best thing any rider can do to keep trails open is to ride responsibly. It amazes me the rudeness of some off road riders towards other outdoor users (loud pipes, burn-outs, constant "goosing" of the throttle) does nothing to promote open trails.

Just sayin
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #890
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta21 View Post
The best thing any rider can do to keep trails open is to ride responsibly.

It amazes me the rudeness of some off road riders towards other outdoor users (loud pipes, burn-outs, constant "goosing" of the throttle) does nothing to promote open trails.

Just sayin
That is an incorrect statement.

Whether you ride responsibly or not, there are groups out there, including National Forests, that are working to shutdown your riding area.

The best thing you can do to keep your trails open is to get involved and donate your time and money to organizations, such as COHVCO or NMOHVA, who are actively working with lawyers to fight anti-access organizations.

Doing nothing at all to help, and just riding is a sure sign of ignorance towards what is actually happening to our riding areas.

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #891
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Yes, it's sad when someone trolls...

It's a word...in fact I assumed they were making a joke that went over poorly *shrug*
hey now, some trolls can be amusing.

See ya tommorow.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #892
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,828
Quote:
No trolling here.

The Eastern Rendezvous is the epitome of what an ADV rally should be. "A loosely organized gathering of like minded riders". Not a full on corporate sponsored event with a political agenda.

The best thing any rider can do to keep trails open is to ride responsibly. It amazes me the rudeness of some off road riders towards other outdoor users (loud pipes, burn-outs, constant "goosing" of the throttle) does nothing to promote open trails.

Just sayin
You've obviously never been to a WF or a FMF then

Lurk more, post less...
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #893
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
No trolling here.

The best thing any rider can do to keep trails open is to ride responsibly.
I strongly disagree. This is more than a party, it also brings awareness of the area to a broader public, so when the wilderness and hunting groups keep trying to close areas, people understand what they are fighting to protect, our right to also use these areas! And there is way more than just riding responsibly..carry a chainsaw a day or two volunteering to give back to your trails, join a trail group, stop and check on any hiker or mtn biker on the side of the trail to see if they need anything. Be the best fucking steward of our sport so your positive interactions may overshadow the jackass antics shown by others in our sport. You call it a political agenda, but I don't think anyone attending disagrees with the ideas they are working toward....I for one am looking forward to a bunch of riding, seeing old friends and making new, eating well and drinking beer!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #894
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
I strongly disagree. This is more than a party, it also brings awareness of the area to a broader public, so when the wilderness and hunting groups keep trying to close areas, people understand what they are fighting to protect, our right to also use these areas! And there is way more than just riding responsibly..carry a chainsaw a day or two volunteering to give back to your trails, join a trail group, stop and check on any hiker or mtn biker on the side of the trail to see if they need anything. Be the best fucking steward of our sport so your positive interactions may overshadow the jackass antics shown by others in our sport. You call it a political agenda, but I don't think anyone attending disagrees with the ideas they are working toward....I for one am looking forward to a bunch of riding, seeing old friends and making new, eating well and drinking beer!

Here! Here! Now you are a like minded rider, We should be friends.

Cheers
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #895
Aztlan59
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcolorider View Post
Leaving in a couple hours, all loaded up. Just got to finish a couple of the honey do list items and I am outta here!
Safe driving! see you there on thrusday.
Aztlan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #896
modette
RMAR

I'll only add, don't you want the manufactures to get involved, they have deep pockets and can toss money to help keep trails open. Too bad they don't toss money at trails like REI, Camel Back and a whole host of OTHER organizations that oppose OHV use. To me its nice to see companies get involved with the sport, they should their livelihoods depend on it and its about time they take notice of that. If they don't and more and more trails close that means the sport will probably shrink in time which impacts a LOT of people in many ways.

This is a group of friends, with some new to be friends. People don't come back year after year for nothing.

If by Political you mean we were able to get Silverton to change their laws and open some streets to OHV use because they saw what an event like the Rendezvous could do for them...then I'm okay with being political. 12 guys getting together although it might be FUN, will not make a town change to embrace OHV's coming into town and thus having a voice toward the USFS in that they want more trails to attract more people into town. They saw the light, and realized that they need OHV's that just means mor emoney for the town, and for the local businesses.

So getting companies involved and getting town's involved is very important. If that is political then so be it.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #897
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post
You've obviously never been to a WF or a FMF then

Lurk more, post less...
Or better yet come on out
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #898
modette
RMAR

Quote:
No trolling here.

Just sayin
Yeah it looks like fun

Oh and by the way ADV Rally, we are not really an ADV event and that implies we are somehow stuck to this forum. We are not, most people that are coming are not even members here. Although we are down from what we expected we are still looking at 200 riders. In fact as you can see we don't sport the ADV logo anymore, and RMAR stickers outsold ADV ones so we are not even bothering this year with ADV.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #899
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 885
T minus 24 hours

XR Carb re-jeted, Beer purchased, Tequilla packed ..., rain gear added, fueled up, almost ready

Load trailer tonight, and departing at O-dark thirty. Should make it to Camp by 3:00 local time.

Looking forward to some awesome riding, seeing old friends, eating like kings,cold beverages, and more awesome riding !!

PS. My riding buddy took the tip of his middle finger off sunday while lubing his chain. Clutch hand , ouch .Finger rolled through the chain/sprocket and took it right off. He is a tough old SOB, but may need to do some easier rides less aggresive rides.
Anyone riding Thursday ? Dont really want to do 7 passes solo...
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #900
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldtimerTC View Post
XR Carb re-jeted, Beer purchased, Tequilla packed ..., rain gear added, fueled up, almost ready

Load trailer tonight, and departing at O-dark thirty. Should make it to Camp by 3:00 local time.

Looking forward to some awesome riding, seeing old friends, eating like kings,cold beverages, and more awesome riding !!

PS. My riding buddy took the tip of his middle finger off sunday while lubing his chain. Clutch hand , ouch .Finger rolled through the chain/sprocket and took it right off. He is a tough old SOB, but may need to do some easier rides less aggresive rides.
Anyone riding Thursday ? Dont really want to do 7 passes solo...
Ouch, yep never lube the chain while in gear although easier. My best friends father same deal, took a whole finger off when he was in High School from lubing a chain on a motorcycle. Very common accident.