Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #1516
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I think low 40's has been tossed around here a while and on some of the reviews, too. One 1100 video showed the tach/speedo at speed and the RPM was similar to other bikes in the same cc class. Wish I could remember which video that was....
From what I remember it should run 3500 at 60 which would convert to about 4400 at 75 mph. I guess we could all start bitching about needing a 6th gear. We bitch about everything else on this site. Thats not that bad though imo. At 5 grand you would be running 85. This engine from my understanding has a very broad power band so its going to use some fuel.

Of course when people start getting them the mods will begin and a sprocket change may be in order who knows. It makes me madder than hell that gas is 4 dollars a gallon here and yes I know my brothers down under and across the pond pay way more than that. So mpg does matter to me.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #1517
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
According to the only one on fuelly.com he is averaging 36mpg on his 2010 in Australia. I assume the gallons are converted for the U.S. based site? You will notice that the 1983 on there only averages 26. Pretty piss poor for the both of them really. Still if I was that worried about mpg, Honda makes bikes for that. I like the output of this bike and it is a 4 cyl., so again, always trade offs.

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/pterodactyl/cb1100f
Dude, thank you for that link. Thats not too encouraging to be honest but its just one case. Lots of things effect mpg. I know sometimes I would get mid to high 30's on my sporty and the best I ever did was low to mid 50's. But that was my riding style. I never felt like I hot rodded it but I sure didnt baby it either. It was just the conditions I was under.

That guy dipped into the 20/s a few times too. Lots of variables but thats not very good at all. Oh well, we shall see when finally some of them get in owners hands.

OldF7Guy screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 06:52 PM
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #1518
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I think low 40's has been tossed around here a while and on some of the reviews, too. One 1100 video showed the tach/speedo at speed and the RPM was similar to other bikes in the same cc class. Wish I could remember which video that was....
I always got over 50 on my 750 nighthawk, and get near 50 on my FZ and ST. Cant imagine getting under 50 on this one. Then again i'm a pretty conservative rider.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #1519
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
Agreed. That particular exhaust is a real knockout. I like the looks of it better than any of the aftermarket solutions I've seen thus far.

Hmmmmmm.....I dunno.

This is pretty sharp.

M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #1520
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

I like the 4 into 4 myself.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #1521
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
More colors you say?

Man am I bored.... I mean working really hard for you guys. From this website. Probably photoshop and not official but hey, not bad. I'll take the obnoxious yellow please. http://www.amoztsa.com/2013-honda-cb1100.html

dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #1522
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Thanks. I agree about the yellow one. Wonder what a standard enamel yellow would look like? That metallic is sweet. Green's not bad, either. tp
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #1523
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

I will take mine in white thank you. I read somewhere that red is the only color available in the states. I can live with that though but you would think at least 2 colors would be available.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #1524
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok Im really bored tonight and have too much time on my hands. Im thinking about nit pics on the cb. My first is the gas tank is too small but I can probably live with it but I think its small due to styling. The back end curves inward and the old cb750 held more gas. Second, the seat height is awfully high for us short people. Im sure there has to be a way to drop it a bit. Somebody is bound to complain about no 6th gear.

What are your gripes? I have not even seen one yet so this is all on paper.

One more thing. What about tire life? Anybody have a feel for how long the stock tires should last?

OldF7Guy screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 10:19 PM
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #1525
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 439
I can't wait to see cafe racer builds of this on BikeExif, etc. Someday, I'd like to give that a shot with one, looks like it could be a lot of fun to build and ride.

SuperTour 1
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #1526
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is an interesting video.

http://www.honda.co.jp/CB1100/impres...ish/index.html

Sorry if this is a re post.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #1527
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Second, the seat height is awfully high for us short people. Im sure there has to be a way to drop it a bit.
If you like the styling of the stock seat, one option for lowering the seat height would be to find out if your dealer could obtain one of the units used on the CB1100 over in Japan and Australia (provided no modifications would be needed). The styling of that seat is basically the same as the one headed for the rest of the world yet it loses more than 3/4" in thickness. The seat height would then be only 30 1/2" (775mm). Of course, you could probably find a local upholstery shop to achieve the same thing for less money by simply modifying the seat that comes with the bike.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #1528
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Ok Im really bored tonight and have too much time on my hands. Im thinking about nit pics on the cb. My first is the gas tank is too small but I can probably live with it but I think its small due to styling. The back end curves inward and the old cb750 held more gas. Second, the seat height is awfully high for us short people. Im sure there has to be a way to drop it a bit. Somebody is bound to complain about no 6th gear.

What are your gripes? I have not even seen one yet so this is all on paper.

One more thing. What about tire life? Anybody have a feel for how long the stock tires should last?
"Pick, pick, pick!"

My, we are bored, aren't we...?

My only gripe? The exhaust. Like others on this thread, I prefer the 4-4 exhaust on this bike.

Not that the stock exhaust is bad, mind you. It's very pretty. It's just that it belongs on a cb400 type tribute bike than a (mostly) cb750 inspired bike.

It's like putting the side exit exhaust pipes from a 1970 340 six-pak AAR 'Cuda on a 1970 426 HEMI 'Cuda. It just doesn't BELONG there.

That, and it's far too quiet (according to many reviewers). But, in no way is it a deal breaker. Exhaust mods are the most common of all on motorcycles.

M3-SRT8 screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 03:11 AM
Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #1529
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Here is an interesting video.

http://www.honda.co.jp/CB1100/impres...ish/index.html

Sorry if this is a re post.
BTDT...Many times.

A good video, which in my opionion, really captures what the cb1100 is all about, and how it was created.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #1530
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTraveler View Post
I can't wait to see cafe racer builds of this on BikeExif, etc. Someday, I'd like to give that a shot with one, looks like it could be a lot of fun to build and ride.

Yes. Me, too.

Like Ducati Monsters, this bike could proove to be a real blank canvas for many owners. I'm VERY interested to see what they will come up with.