Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #2611
furious_blue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
My dealer called today and said that he secured 'my' CB1100A due for arrival late May. Their first CB1100A came in last week, but it was already spoken for (and gone the day it arrived)...
I've already sold off my Triumph Speed Triple to make room in the garage.. I'm glad to hear that so far, no one that's gotten theirs has any regrets...
furious_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #2612
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambotte View Post
Picking it up tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.
Congrats Kevin. Now ride the wheels off of that thing! My dealer called me yesterday with a delivery date. "Sometime after May 8th" He is a small town dealer and missed the first round. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to keep putting around on this thing:

Odo just turned 800 miles on the CRF250L today. If I need a speed fix I will have to jump on my kids VTX 1800 when he is not looking.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #2613
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
That would be fun to ride methinks. Not sure how long that trunk would last in the woods with me riding it.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #2614
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
That would be fun to ride methinks. Not sure how long that trunk would last in the woods with me riding it.
Roger that. I garuntee that trunk will never see my woods trails. All it does it get my lunch to work and my beer home.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #2615
blazeone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post

How is the CB11 at 75 mph and what is the rpm. I ride a lot of interstates and parkways. Does it feel strained? My old Sportster felt like at 75 you were going 115 no joke. I know its not a Gold wing but just curious.
Does not feel strained at all, lots of poke left. Also I rode a 250 mile loop and did not get a hint of numb throttle hand, amazing.
blazeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #2616
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambotte View Post
Well, stopped by the local honda dealer on the way home tonight. I've been haunting the place for the last 10 days. Salesman said he had something to show me. In the back was a crated CB1100 with abs. Looks like I'm trading my current ride. Picking it up tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

Kevin
Kevin! You Came, You Saw, You Kicked Ass!

Bet you can't sleep tonite...!
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #2617
Justarida
Genius At Large

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Congrats Justarida!! I posted before that I knew that your bike was here. I know its been cold in Ky. Thanks for your thoughts on Station Park Honda. Much appreciated. The weather in Ky is going to clear up this week I think so we all expect a report from you.

How is the CB11 at 75 mph and what is the rpm. I ride a lot of interstates and parkways. Does it feel strained? My old Sportster felt like at 75 you were going 115 no joke. I know its not a Gold wing but just curious.

Man, I am so jealous of all of you with new CB's .. Anybody have a go pro that can make a video? Thank all of you for your ride reports so far. I showed my old HD biker buddy a pic of the CB and he said is that a HOnda 750? Even he was impressed.

Get them out there and ride them guys and stay safe!!!
Had a good ride yesterday about 70 miles mostly two lane state road.
40 - 80 mph some nice curves / twisties. Indicated RPM as follows:
55mph=3100, 65mph = 3800, 75 mph = 4400.
Mild vibes start at about 60 nothing to worry with thru 70. After 70 they get more noticable. For me at 75 mph they are very noticable but tolerable.

I had a 91 Sportster and the vibes are nothing like that machine.

Gonna have to tweek on the suspension stock is tight and you feel it on less than perfect roads as most post winter roads around here are.

My bike has Bridgstone Batlax rubber. They seem to stick fairly well although being new I havent pushed them real hard yet.. but its coming

So far the bike has been a joy in every aspect and again my only concern is scratching the Tank paint. Gotta do somthing with the area where the seat meets the tank. Jacket buttons / zippers gravitate to that area and work their destructive magic.

Looks like the interest in this bike is really picking up! I hope it continues.
Stay safe everyone.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #2618
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justarida View Post
Mild vibes start at about 60 nothing to worry with thru 70. After 70 they get more noticable. For me at 75 mph they are very noticable but tolerable.

Gonna have to tweek on the suspension stock is tight and you feel it on less than perfect roads as most post winter roads around here are.

My bike has Bridgstone Batlax rubber. They seem to stick fairly well although being new I havent pushed them real hard yet.. but its coming

So far the bike has been a joy in every aspect and again my only concern is scratching the Tank paint. Gotta do somthing with the area where the seat meets the tank. Jacket buttons / zippers gravitate to that area and work their destructive magic.
Nice review Justarida, I appreciate it. Regarding the tank paint, I will do a clearbra tutorial once I get my bike in a couple of weeks, so hang in there. And yep, the most important area to apply the stuff is to the rear of the tank where groin meets tank.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #2619
Justarida
Genius At Large

Oddometer: 39
My first CB1100 Pic

My first pic insertion attempt:

Thanks for the help Greer!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #2620
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Wow! That bike looks just like mine!

Congratulations on your new ride. She's a beauty, isn't she.
And like you, I'm worried to death I'm going to mess up that beautiful paint.
I'm looking forward to Scoobynut's tutorial on how to apply a clearbra.
Hope the weather remains good for you, this weekend the weather is going to be clear and in the mid 70s here in the Memphis area.
Congratulations again.
Jim
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #2621
CA200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
clear and in the mid 70s here in the Memphis area.

Hay send some that weather up here will ya
CA200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #2622
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justarida View Post

Looks like the interest in this bike is really picking up! I hope it continues.
Stay safe everyone.
You might contact TankSlapper and see if they have a 3M film kit yet (not the Tankslapper static cling material). These are nice die cut kits and look very good once installed. I have done the custom cut install before and its a bit difficult to get a nice smooth edge on the film.
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #2623
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Cb1100

I got impatient waiting and bought a new 2009 XL883L my dealer had on the floor. Has 427 miles now and I'd like to sell it to get the CB1100. Had a new 1969 K bike back in the day. A green one. They also had red and gold. Cost $1495 out the door at Gentry Motors in Rockledge, Fla. The dealer sold over 100 the first year and I personally saw Dick Mann win the Daytona 200 that year on the Honda. There were four of them in the race. Anyone interested in a PERFECT 2009 Sportster give me a PM. Its Red Hot Sunglow and beautiful. I've always loved Sporty's. Owned 17 in my life.
oldhippie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #2624
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Stopped down at a northern Kentucky Hon /Suz/Kaw dealer today. They havent seen a CB 1100 yet, but do have a couple on order. Anyhow, I inquired about an oil filter for the CB. They didn,t have anything about the CB on their computers yet so the parts gal called Honda. Apparently, It takes the same small filter as my ST 1300 and CB 750 Nighthawk # 15410-MFJ-D01 so I picked up a couple of those, and it calls for 4.1 qts of Honda 4 stroke 10W30 oil when changing. I picked up some of it as well in prep for the 600 mile service which I'll be doing myself.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #2625
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 191
CB1100 cruiser/tourer?

I love this bike! I would like to find a bike that I could tour in more comfort than on my Speed Triple. The majority of the time I ride with a Bonnie that is set up almost as a cruiser. I figure this would match well with the Bonnie. I wonder how long before the aftermarkets become available. Windshields, highway bars, and saddle bags etc.

A question for the owners. Can this bike be made into a decent touring bike? Are there any windshields available? Memphis shade? Saddle bags and trunks?
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote