KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
I hear ya brother

I got two dealers working with me

They both said April

Did you ever see episode of South Park where cartman can't wait for the gaming system to come out? That will be me....

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #272
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I absolutely live the looks of this bike, and it is available without ABS. Yes, there's that nasty fuel injection, but I suppose I could live with it. But apparently Honda made the same mistake they keep making over and over again. They introduce an existing model into the U.S. market, one where the R&D and tooling are already mostly paid for, and then they overprice it to the point where it doesn't have a chance, no matter how desirable it might be. If I don't buy one, it WILL be because of the price. I was really hoping they would bring that bike here, then I find out they are, my palms get all sweaty, and then I hear the price. What a downer.

The ZRX did not look bad, most of what was wrong with it was because it was a late model. It was basically a copy of the 1983 KZ1000 Eddie Lawson Replica (which I consider a BEAUTIFUL bike) but it lacked that bikes character and vintage look. The liquid cooled engine just didn't cut it. I still wouldn't mind having one. As someone said, the prices are reasonable.
So what 1000+cc bikes are going for less than 10 grand brand new?

I will be fondly dreaming of FI this winter when I am yanking the carbs off of my ZG1000 one last time to change to a smaller high-altitude pilot jet since my bike runs just fine on a single turn of the fuel screws. Or maybe I'll just continue to live with high 20s-low 30s MPG.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #273
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Would it really be that bad?

Work with me here, I'm trying to convince myself. I've had a taste of riding with waterproof, lockable luggage and I'm not going back.
I'd live with it. Mine, while not nearly as fine looking as the CB1100, certainly looks better without the Givi box (& tank bag), but I rarely ride without them because it is so much more convenient.

Go for it.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #274
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
First one

I have two dealers close and their price is $9399 including freight and set up and all paperwork fees. Only other expense is sales tax. If I like it when I see it I'm getting the first one my dealer gets in. They think December or January.,
oldhippie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #275
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I absolutely live the looks of this bike, and it is available without ABS. Yes, there's that nasty fuel injection, but I suppose I could live with it. But apparently Honda made the same mistake they keep making over and over again. They introduce an existing model into the U.S. market, one where the R&D and tooling are already mostly paid for, and then they overprice it to the point where it doesn't have a chance, no matter how desirable it might be. If I don't buy one, it WILL be because of the price. I was really hoping they would bring that bike here, then I find out they are, my palms get all sweaty, and then I hear the price. What a downer.

The ZRX did not look bad, most of what was wrong with it was because it was a late model. It was basically a copy of the 1983 KZ1000 Eddie Lawson Replica (which I consider a BEAUTIFUL bike) but it lacked that bikes character and vintage look. The liquid cooled engine just didn't cut it. I still wouldn't mind having one. As someone said, the prices are reasonable.
I think the prices Honda is asking for the CB1100 are quite reasonable. There will be some dealers offering them at a discount. If I could buy another bike in the near future, this one would be on my very short list.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #276
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie1 View Post
I have two dealers close and their price is $9399 including freight and set up and all paperwork fees. Only other expense is sales tax. If I like it when I see it I'm getting the first one my dealer gets in. They think December or January.,

Even better...........

That won't happen around here. I heard April for delivery.
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #277
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,758
Hearing April myself, which could work out for me with income tax, finagling of the ol' 401k, numerous trips to the plasma and sperm donor centers, selling of body parts on CL...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #278
STexan
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Following ...

I've been following and enjoying this thread since Ma Honda made their announcement earlier this week. In fact, all the friendly "trolls" here prompted me to join ADVrider forum.

I contacted a couple of local Honda dealers today re: the 2013 CB1100. April at the earliest and one dealer I've bought two new Hondas from offered me the 1st non ABS version for $9,999 w/ a $500 gift certificate to spend at the dealership as I please. It's a starting point.

One way or another, my stable is going to grow. Just a matter of when and how much it's gonna set me back. I'd better start being nicer to my pillion ;-)
STexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #279
DesmoTull
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Welcome.

I'm hoping this thread grows more and more and gets bigger than the Scrambler thread!
DesmoTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #280
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

Better price

Talked to my dealer today and he said they'd do $9300 down from $9399. They want a deposit and don't know when they can place an order. They are waiting to hear back from the Honda Rep.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #281
gore-tx OP
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Talked to my dealer today and he said they'd do $9300 down from $9399. They want a deposit and don't know when they can place an order. They are waiting to hear back from the Honda Rep.
I thought the bike was going for $9,999? Is your dealer discounting the bike?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #282
Toto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
I have a 09 CBF 1000 that I think is better looking.
The oringinal 1983 CB1000F was one of the most beutifull bikes ever made...they shoulda copied it with a few modern updates such as ABS and FI.
Don't like the tank at all.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #283
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

gore-tx

YES----They are discounting it. They won't even order one without a deposit because they say metric bikes just aren't selling. They have two new 2012 XR650L's on the floor for $6150. No paperwork, set-up or freight fees. Just sales tax which is 8.95%.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #284
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Did you ever see episode of South Park where cartman can't wait for the gaming system to come out? That will be me....
Classic..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTts...=results_video
Gary
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #285
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
YES----They are discounting it. They won't even order one without a deposit because they say metric bikes just aren't selling. They have two new 2012 XR650L's on the floor for $6150. No paperwork, set-up or freight fees. Just sales tax which is 8.95%.

Dealers up here don't care if the bike doesn't sell. You have to "bust their balls" just to get them to waive the $198 "doc" fee.

Would love a CB1100, but not in the cards for me right now. I would be interested in a white CB500F ABS though. I wonder what your dealer would sell one for?
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote