Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #3241
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gas hog View Post
yes i would..

Ok just thinking back.. Last week, i stood in line for way too long to complain that a vending machine ate a dollar bill..
So maybe not after all
gary
classic!
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #3242
INTP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
[QUOTE=skysailor;21407073]Well, I do like the bike. I'm not in the least "jealous", and I'm not angry at the government. I do however refuse to pay over 30% over the price you guys paid for the same bike. Question. Serious now, lets put the mud slinging aside. Would you pay and extra 30-40% for that bike. Ignore the fact that you don't have to for a moment....would you? If you knew WE got it for 30-40% LESS than you do?
You would not...and neither will I. I have a standing offer to buy one at 11K. I think that's a fair price. Cheers guys.....I know ya love your CB1100's. Ride safe.
Lyle[/

As a comparison, that would put in in the same price range as a new Harley. Which is basically a brand new antique that comes with douche bag friends. Not all HD riders are douche bags, it's only the ones that would hate someone for riding a Honda. Any brand new Harley requires $3-4k of chrome for full douche acceptance, while a stock CB1100 is a fully functional douche repellant.
INTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #3243
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,060
Hopefully this isn't going to become another bash Harley thread. Know lots of Harley guys and gals, and none of them would bash a CB1100 rider or the bike.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #3244
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Got it. CB1100 w/ABS.

They delivered it to my doorstep. Very nice of them, as they are 45 miles away. Said they have free pick up and delivery for service as well. Dealer is Motorsports Nation of Plainville, CT. Good crew.

First impression? Beautiful bike. Well worth the wait. Did a little fussy cleaning before I hit the road for a brief squirt.

Compared to the Ducati? Well, it's a lot quieter. Very polite bike. Smooth as silk. The shift is sooo easy to snick gears. Exhaust? Quiet as a churchmouse.

It's heavier than the Duc by a 160 lbs, and I can feel it. A nice change for me. It's a bike to settle down on and enjoy the scenery.

People's reactions? They looove it. Guys my age immediately relate to the bike and what it's all about. Pure nostalgia. Younger guys like it, too.

M3-SRT8 screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 08:07 PM
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #3245
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Congrats and glad you finally became an owner. Enjoy it.... tom dd50
Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #3246
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Well congrats SRT bout time eh? Good looking bike
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #3247
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,300
I sat on one in today of the showroom local Honda/Kawasaki dealer. I really like the bike but the pricetag of $10,500 was the turnoff for me. By the time I would add some bags and a small windscreen I would be 12k into the bike. Maybe I will find a used one in a few years.

Funny thing is that with all the new models on the floor the only two models I would even think about buying is the CB1100 and the KLR-650 .
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #3248
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,300
I sat on one in today of the showroom local Honda/Kawasaki dealer. I really like the bike but the pricetag of $10,500 was the turnoff for me. By the time I would add some bags and a small windscreen I would be 12k into the bike. Maybe I will find a used one in a few years.

Funny thing is that with all the new models on the floor the only two models I would even think about buying is the CB1100 and the KLR-650 .
Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #3249
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
Got it. CB1100 w/ABS
It's a bike to settle down on and enjoy the scenery.
That's weird, I could have sworn the ABS models were going to be pink..

Looking good. Look under the seat and see if you have a "document holder" and rubber straps for the cargo box..I think mine are missing.

Gary
Gas Hog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #3250
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks, Boys. It's a creamy smooth ride.

I do have a black rubber strap/holder in the under seat storage box. Plus, a blue vinyl tool pouch, and the zip bag with the Owner's Manual, Warranty Booklet, etc..

...and the packing crate, bike cover, packing materials, etc. I asked for them to deliver it with the bike. 30 years from now I'll put it all on Ebay. Or, whatever the Future may bring...

M3-SRT8 screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 08:58 PM
Old 05-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #3251
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Well alright M3-SRT8! You've certainly waited long enough, I'm glad to hear that you were not disappointed by the time the CB finally arrived at your doorstep. Get used to the attention the bike draws, it seems like people comment on it every time I'm out on the bike.

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #3252
GSAviator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
Looking good. Look under the seat and see if you have a "document holder" and rubber straps for the cargo box..I think mine are missing.

Gary
Yeah. That's one of the first things I noticed. The "document holder" it turns out, is a plastic Ziploc. Pretty cool! They really went all out on that one.
Doc Holliday: I don't.
GSAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #3253
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

My KTM Duke had all its STUFF come in a nice attache case. Of course, my 690 cost the same as a CB ABS. Gotta love the Austrians and their sales package details.... I'll trade you my attache case for your CB. Sounds like a fair trade to me... tp
Old 05-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #3254
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I'll trade you my attache case for your CB. Sounds like a fair trade to me... tp
Dr Evil: "How about No...?!"
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #3255
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Can't blame a guy for trying. I do believe I will own one before my riding days are over, though...