Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #1051
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Eddie...the j/k means " just kidding" I was being sarcastic and letting everyone know that I was kidding. Maybe you guys don't use that over here on ADV, they use it on other forums I frequent because its hard to express intent on the internet sometimes. The point was at the pace he was riding everything looked perfectly ok and the suspension looked to be performing as it was designed. He didn't look like he was having any handling issues at all.

Lars, nice report. You lucky dog. Creamy is good for me, exactly what I am looking for. That little 125 looks like a mini CBR 1000 naked. Bet its fun to be a teenager over there.
LOL, OKAY! I'm up to speed now! I'll ask my 9 year old daughter for more tips and hints!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #1052
Reduxalicious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Back to the 1100. Anyone have any idea how many units their local dealer(s) are getting? Mine saia, Kawid they were getting only one, and they are a large Honda, BMW, KTM dealer in the Houston area. I had first dibs, but went for the Duke instead. Call me crazy. Who knows, the Dyna may have to go if the CB is that nice... tomp dd50
Did you check with Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda Ducati on I-45?
Reduxalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #1053
Lars1974
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Thanks guys for all your comment.

@Gas Hog: i know work can be hard sometimes, but someone has to do it!

To answer the other question: i am 6ft2 and just over 105kg and yes that makes me look like a giant on that MSX.
Was fun to ride...

The CB1000r is very much like Honda of old just with modern suspension and brakes. It rode very stable and i could take 90 degree turn or roundabouts almost in 3rd gear. I even tried u
Accelerating from just over 50km/h in fifth (top) gear and it did so without any strain or juddering! Very milky smooth.

Like i wrote due to weather i could try how it performs and higher rpm and speeds.

Thx Lars
Lars1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #1054
kpmsprtd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Thanks you for posting those photos, Lars. The CB1100 is simply a work of art. Despite the destruction of my retirement plan, I will have no choice but to purchase one. I am currently riding its older sibling, the 2003 CB750 Nighthawk, a perfectly fine bike in all respects, but a man has the right to have at least one of his lifetime dreams realized, hasn't he?
kpmsprtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #1055
furious_blue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmsprtd View Post
Thanks you for posting those photos, Lars. The CB1100 is simply a work of art. Despite the destruction of my retirement plan, I will have no choice but to purchase one. I am currently riding its older sibling, the 2003 CB750 Nighthawk, a perfectly fine bike in all respects, but a man has the right to have at least one of his lifetime dreams realized, hasn't he?
yep, I had a CB750 Nighthawk. I loved it for it's cooling fins and 4 headers that I kept gleaming (so many of these bikes can be seen with headers rotting from being dirty). At one point in time whilst going uphill on I-80 in Wyoming laden in top gear, downshifting to get some oomph, I remember starting to think 'I wish this were a 900'..

Dreams can come true (and with decent brakes too :-) )

furious_blue screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 12:01 PM
furious_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #1056
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
i just sold my 2000 750 Nighthawk...nice bike. Needed more power and better brakes. I always thought a liter Nighthawk would be the cats meow.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #1057
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
What a shame that Honda is launching this new model with Canadian MSRP 20% higher than the US ($13,200 vs $11,000). With our dollars at par, seems like they'd realize that they'd sell more at lower retail, and increased volume would offset the increased costs of selling bikes in a smaller market (than the US). .
You're lucky. Honda UK want to arse rape us to the tune of 9000!!!

Thats the wrong side of 14K USD.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #1058
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Wow, thats a lot of money for that bike. Its arguably worth $ 10 K, but more than $ 14 K I wouldn't be buying one.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #1059
DesmoTull
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
You're lucky. Honda UK want to arse rape us to the tune of 9000!!!

Thats the wrong side of 14K USD.
I'm sure that the some of that has to do with the VAT...
DesmoTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #1060
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,308
The more I see these Euro bikes, the more I wish we were getting the silver engine in the USA. I'm obviously nitpicking, but I sure prefer the looks.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #1061
furious_blue
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Wow, thats a lot of money for that bike. Its arguably worth $ 10 K, but more than $ 14 K I wouldn't be buying one.
The 2011 CBR250R is listed OnTheRoad in the UK at 3688 pounds today that's about $5828 US.

That's way more than what it cost me to get a 2011 CBR250R on the road in the US (I don't recall the exact price, on the road maybe about $4500 US). Are motorcycles more expensive in the UK in general ? Is this some kind of VAT ? Sorry for the bonehead questions.. I don't know about such things.

furious_blue screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 04:28 PM
Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #1062
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious_blue View Post
Are motorcycles more expensive in the UK in general ? Is is some kind of VAT?
Yes, and more expensive in all the Euro countries. VAT in the UK is part of it but it's more complex than that - taxation, cost structures, regulatory climate, certification costs, advertising costs, lighting/emissions standards, import duties, shipping, cost of business, etc. are just very different.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #1063
furious_blue
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
The more I see these Euro bikes, the more I wish we were getting the silver engine in the USA. I'm obviously nitpicking, but I sure prefer the looks.

- Mark
If I had my way, it'd be the silver painted engine but with the unpainted-satin-finish case covers (clutch, alternator, etc) that come with the black engine. I'll learn to live with the darkened engine, but it will not show off those lovely fins as well as a silver engine would.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #1064
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
I too prefer the look of the silver engine. But I also prefer the look of the wheels with black centers. In my opinion, the two would not mix well. Given that, I could live with the black engine.

Guth screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 12:54 PM Reason: typo corrected
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #1065
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 995
I think Triumphs are cheaper here.

For comparison, a new Bonnie is 7000.

I rather like the Honda and grew up with similar bikes back in the 80's. I was "vaguely interested" in finding out more, but at 9K, they are taking the piss.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is online now   Reply With Quote