Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #1396
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
While we're on a bit of a video roll... This is certainly not the best video out there, but perhaps the best audio captured of the CB1100 so far:

What's with the stalker footage??

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1397
rdltmc3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
sat on this bike at the motorcycle show in chicago last week, good looking bike except the ugly exhaust manufactures are using now a days. first impression was seat the seat seemed to high (I'm 6'0 and 185lbs) the bars and controls seemed to be at perfect locations but my knees seemed very high on the tank. I see this being a fun bike around town or small 1-up trips but feel the wife would complain with in an hour.

looking forward to actual owner reviews in the up coming months.
rdltmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #1398
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
What's with the stalker footage??

Makes it more artsy fartsy and mysterious...Or maybe the only place to position the shot w/o getting run over by the CB...
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #1399
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Makes it more artsy fartsy and mysterious...Or maybe the only place to position the shot w/o getting run over by the CB...
there IS a difference between artsy fartsy and crappy....

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #1400
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
there IS a difference between artsy fartsy and crappy....

I wasn't being serious, just a hint of sarcasm, but I do believe the vidiographer was attempting the artsy fartsy. Kinda like spy shots...down low, through the bushes. Maybe they hired a PI to do the shoot... tp
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #1401
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Notice how out of control he was on that crappy hardly adjustable suspension? . ( that was sarcasm for those that don't recognize it)
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #1402
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Sure wish these bikes would show up, so we could start reading actual rider reports and mods being done. It's like we are currently discussing ghosts, or the quality of videos. I'm guilty of it too. Another month or so, I guess... tp dd50
Old 02-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #1403
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Money where my mouth is.

^^^^ I feel ya. Well, I did my part today. I put $1000 down on the first ABS to arrive at my local dealer. I was all set to put money down 250 mi. away if anyone remembers my saga and my local dealership called me to tell me they had a new offer for me. It was way less than what I offered to pay originally (msrp). I don't really understand the logic in their approach to doing business but they seemed happy with the deal and I am delighted. Still not as cheap as traveling for my new bike but more convenient and I pleased to say I will be supporting my local dealership. The deposit is refundable too just incase it isn't all that I am dreaming it will be. I don't think of myself as a materialistic person but I have never been so excited to get a "thing" in my life!!!! Let the waiting begin......I mean continue.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #1404
furious_blue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
... I don't think of myself as a materialistic person but I have never been so excited to get a "thing" in my life!!!! Let the waiting begin......I mean continue.
yay ! Can't wait to hear about it !
I'm *3rd* in line at my dealer. If those ahead of me are as serious as I am, I may be waiting for more than a year for mine :-o

This is as bad as trying to buy a Harley in the 90's (at which time the dealer laughed at me when I walked in with cash and told me to 'get in line')
furious_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #1405
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious_blue View Post
yay ! Can't wait to hear about it !
I'm *3rd* in line at my dealer. If those ahead of me are as serious as I am, I may be waiting for more than a year for mine :-o

This is as bad as trying to buy a Harley in the 90's (at which time the dealer laughed at me when I walked in with cash and told me to 'get in line')
Hey furious,

I enjoyed your posts on cbr250.net. I grew tired of that forum though. I have a feeling once a cb1100 forum gets going it might be a really nice place to keep in touch with other owners. I was cbr-stl over there. As I have said I haven't visited that site too much lately but it was nice when it started out. I joined wild guzzi when I was sure I was going to get a guzzi v7 stone and that is a pretty nice forum. Those Guzzi guys are a little crazy (in a good way). I just couldn't pull the trigger on the v7 when you look at ABS, Honda reliability, more hp, ease of use etc. Guzzi owners talk consantly about how reliable they are but it seems like there are always issues getting them set up right and adjusting this and that. I still think they are great bikes but I'm a simple guy who would rather just ride than tinker. Hondas are great for that. It certianly will be a big change in power to go from my little weebee R to an 1100. I like being boy racer and riding throttle wide open every where I go on my 250 but overall I think I will like the relaxed nature of the 1100 better. I am especially looking forward to taking longer trips on the 1100.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #1406
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,343
my local dealer says it will be here in April

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #1407
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
My dealer's getting two in March.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #1408
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
I stopped in at my dealer today and they are still telling me March 12 for mine. I also asked which model I was getting ( as they were only scheduled to get one with an option on a second one ) First one coming is a non ABS which is what I was hoping to get.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #1409
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
My Dealer is saying Mid March for non-ABS, E.O.April/Early May for ABS.

I'm first in line for an ABS bike.

Is it May yet?
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #1410
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Lol my ST 1300 has a 7.7 gal tank and although it can go 315 miles without stopping, I can't anymore. It may have a 300 mile tank, but I have a 175 mile bladder.
you can stop anywhere.I like not HAVING to stop at a particular gas station