ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #406
BDXMPL
The Sheriff
 
BDXMPL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Asheville
Oddometer: 988
Good News!

Rick from Cogent Dynamics has signed on as a sponsor this year.

They offer all kinds of cool suspension upgrades for DR650's, KLR's and more. Rick will also be holding a Q & A suspension seminar at the rally (time and date TBA).

If you need to get some stuff sorted out before the rally, check them out here:
www.motocd.com

Hunter
__________________
Then the world exploded, and my head fell off.
BDXMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #407
1V-MAN
Gnarly Adventurer
 
1V-MAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Beaver, PA Palm Coast, FL
Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsweave View Post
Good deal, Don.

Didja look at BYOB out in June? Little WVA madness
Dan

Yep, I did check it out ... I have to sit down and try and plan my time. The roads in that part of the country are awesome and I'd like to make it.
__________________
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
1V-MAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #408
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 23,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDXMPL View Post
Good News!

Rick from Cogent Dynamics has signed on as a sponsor this year.

They offer all kinds of cool suspension upgrades for DR650's, KLR's and more. Rick will also be holding a Q & A suspension seminar at the rally (time and date TBA).

If you need to get some stuff sorted out before the rally, check them out here:
www.motocd.com

Hunter


Rick rebuilt the shock on my old DR650 as well as the forks on my Strom, I'm also running one of his Moab World's Edge shocks on the Strom!
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #409
_anatic
Plated
 
_anatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: trUSt, NC
Oddometer: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDXMPL View Post
Good News!

Rick from Cogent Dynamics has signed on as a sponsor this year.

Hunter
Cool The rubberkow is due. Well, like everything else I own, past due.
__________________
Pisgah Forest Ridin'
_anatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #410
NC Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc
 
NC Rick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 599
Thank you folks! It is a great honor to be able to come out and ride with you at this years event. Please let us know how we can contribute to the event in ways besides the depletion of beer and rubber. If something like a seminar or other creative fun stuff seems interesting, we are game. Hoping to tear up some single track while there.
__________________
Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc.
motocd.com
NC Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #411
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boone,NC
Oddometer: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
Thank you folks! It is a great honor to be able to come out and ride with you at this years event. Please let us know how we can contribute to the event in ways besides the depletion of beer and rubber. If something like a seminar or other creative fun stuff seems interesting, we are game. Hoping to tear up some single track while there.

Cool!

I'd love for somebody to educate me on what the "little knobs" do on my suspension.

I'm looking forward to the single track too. I just ordered a GPS yesterday to help map the routes. Hope I can figure it out...
GlennR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #412
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Cool!

I'd love for somebody to educate me on what the "little knobs" do on my suspension.

I'm looking forward to the single track too. I just ordered a GPS yesterday to help map the routes. Hope I can figure it out...
They look cool so people will think you are a pro racer ;-)
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #413
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 13,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Hey Mark

Well since neither Keith or myself are great at writing or willing to dedicate a lot of time to it. I'll do one real quick right here.

We rode to Alaska, We saw a lot of beautiful scenery and lot's of bears, several moose and a few elk. We did 12.5k miles in 26 days and it was wonderful I'd love to go back.
Here is a link to my photobucket page it has all my pics from Ak. The first couple are from 2012 RDV. http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow

Did some editing on photobucket and replaced the link.
looking forward to spring now and back to the Rdv. and BYOB and hopefully a few other rallies next year.

Great pictures.
Looks like a awesome trip.

Love the A/C check.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #414
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boone,NC
Oddometer: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
They look cool so people will think you are a pro racer ;-)

Yeah, they intimidate me!!

My bike doesn't seem to bounce around, and doesn't bottom out...so I figured I had better leave those little knobs alone. Sort'a like when I was a 16 y/o kid and was afraid of pulling the valve cover off on my car, because I knew that there were springs under there....and what the heck would I do if a spring jumped out???!!!

And then there's the folks who have a screw loose, and the other ones who are wound a little too tight.... Scary Shit! I learned early on "Don't go messin' with knobs!"
GlennR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #415
Laconic
Hard Core
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 15,968
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #416
tom c
Scratch & Dent
 
tom c's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: DDB country (DE)
Oddometer: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
Thank you folks! It is a great honor to be able to come out and ride with you at this years event. Please let us know how we can contribute to the event in ways besides the depletion of beer and rubber. If something like a seminar or other creative fun stuff seems interesting, we are game. Hoping to tear up some single track while there.
Hey there Rick - I'm willing to let you use my KLR as a project bike for a Cogent Dynamics suspension upgrade!
__________________
2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE , 2009 KLR650
"Scott P gave me crabs and I didn'
t even win a bet." - H14
Where's Tom?
tom c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #417
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer
 
ktrout01's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, CT - Home of ESPN and not much else
Oddometer: 701
It's 9 degrees here this morning and on my way out to walk the dog I checked the bikes to make sure that the battery tenders were on and the dust covers on the seats. It's so sad to see them sleeping for the coldest part of the winter. I can't wait for Spring or at least until it gets above freezing again and I can break out one of the bikes to ride a bit. I started working on the route to the rally and I'm thinking about taking a week to get there and maybe 4-5 days to get home after. I'm planning on taking the BRP all the way down and then maybe coming home on a more western route.
__________________
I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be.

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #418
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 11,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrout01 View Post
It's 9 degrees here this morning and on my way out to walk the dog I checked the bikes to make sure that the battery tenders were on and the dust covers on the seats. It's so sad to see them sleeping for the coldest part of the winter. I can't wait for Spring or at least until it gets above freezing again and I can break out one of the bikes to ride a bit. I started working on the route to the rally and I'm thinking about taking a week to get there and maybe 4-5 days to get home after. I'm planning on taking the BRP all the way down and then maybe coming home on a more western route.
Start with the skyway and continue on the brp... screw the fuckers that say nada ... Tuna!
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #419
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 11,898
well tellim about 219 later...
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #420
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 23,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
well tellim about 219 later...
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014