Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #106
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspa View Post
Well, pulling that green wire didn't do anything for the headlight, so I'm leaving that there. Must have been like that before pulling the fuse relocator out. The DIN codes I have found aren't helping either. I can't believe the manual doesn't show this board and how it should be wired.
If the green wire has a straight connector on it then it was never meant to be plugged into the board. Again you should tape it off to the side.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #107
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I believe that based on the schematics I found, that green wire goes into the light relay switch, where other wires have the straight connectors. I do plan to revisit this some weekend I have time to mess with it.

The focus of my next thing to deal with is the clutch. It's slipping a bit more as of late. I don't know if it has anything to do with the weather and not riding the bike as much. But Wirespokes and I are looking at dealing with this sooner than later.

I have my new neutral indicator switch, and will install that when we do the clutch work.

We may even consider upgrading the transmission and swapping out the flywheel for a smaller newer one.

All ideas for now, but seriously looking at next steps.

1978 BMW R100S "bitza" (R80/7 frame)
mspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #108
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, Spring is just around the corner . . .

. . . and here in the Pacific Northwest, that can be a long, wet road indeed. But it's not too soon to start looking ahead and planning/budgeting what I need to do to my bike so I can enjoy.

Here's a basic list of what I'm thinking. Some has been hashed out already, but after time passing and looking at other rides online, I may make different choices.

maintenance/upgrades:
-----------------------------------
  • Flanders clubman bars 22mm
  • front fork springs, with new oil (which I have)
  • install neutral switch, which I have
  • clutch repair
  • lighten flywheel

other misc, not pressing:
------------------------------------
  • turn signal upgrade
  • new fairing braces for proper positioning
  • front fork brace
  • s/s front brake lines

I have cut my Superbike bars down. But I can tell that I'd like it more if they were a little more forward and down. The Napoleon mirrors are great, although while one mirror has no vibration, I can't seem to adjust the other to eliminate vibration completely.

In a couple of weekends when I have a couple of hours, I'll give the bike it's first start and see what adjustments need to be made. The current Bosch plugs are W5's, but I have some hotter W7's I can put in. Not sure yet if I'll do that straight off the bat.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #109
boxerboy81
Stay Horizontal

Oddometer: 2,345
From Max's fiche, the contact board in the headlight has the same pn whether it's for the 80/7 or the 100S.
61 13 1 243 012 CONTACT PLATE

A quick cross reference at RealOEM shows they're also used on..from 9/74 on

Part 61131243012 (CONTACT PLATE) was found on the following vehicles:
2474: Details on 2474
2474 R 100 /7T N/A
2474 R 100 /T N/A
2474 R 100 CS N/A
2474 R 100 RS N/A
2474 R 100 RT N/A
2474 R 100 S N/A

2476: Details on 2476
2476 R60/6 N/A
2476 R75/6 N/A
2476 R90/6 N/A
2476 R90S N/A

2477: Details on 2477
2477 R 60 /7 N/A
2477 R 75 /7 N/A
2477 R 80 RT N/A
2477 R 80, R 80 /7 N/A

A wiring diagram should label what goes where.
Red can be from the clock, direct from the battery, left switch/flasher & ignition.

boxerboy81 screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 12:12 AM
boxerboy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #110
boxerboy81
Stay Horizontal

Oddometer: 2,345
What colour is the top right wire above the green one on the 15 terminal? Should your green on the 30 red terminal go there?
boxerboy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #111
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,965
I always thought that the wire color was the same as the color on the board. It appears to be the case for every other wire I can see on your board. A Red wire should go to a Red place on the board.

I have never heard of any exceptions to this rule but that does not mean there aren't any. Does it?

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #112
StephenB
G(/)S ... what else!

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
I always thought that the wire color was the same as the color on the board. It appears to be the case for every other wire I can see on your board. A Red wire should go to a Red place on the board.
Second that ...

Some of the above is fact, some is fiction, some is my personal imagination and some is just simple truth. [me]

... i'm not touring around the world, but neither are most of the guys i see running overloaded spam cans ... [bmwblake]

Stephen Bottcher
Ontario, Canada

'72 R75/5 The Blues

www.stephenbottcher.net
StephenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #113
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I would think that the case, but I have some wires "off color" that don't have a matching color to attach to. I may revisit this on my next visit down to see Terry when we tear into the clutch.

Oh yeah, next big project is the clutch. I'm experiencing slippage at highway speed, with "quick" throttling. If I just easily roll on throttle, no problem. But something is slipping, and I'm thinking of just ordering new parts and doing the job over.

The other option is using a newer style clutch, but that causes a host of other modifications I can't afford right now.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #114
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspa View Post
Oh yeah, next big project is the clutch. I'm experiencing slippage at highway speed, with "quick" throttling.
Sometimes that symtom is resolved with just a proper adjustment of the play at the lever on the tranny and the cable at the left grip. Check that before you spend big time/money on the clutch.
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #115
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I have checked that a few times over and to no avail. But with the riding season anew . . . I'll try it one more time before ordering parts. It would be nice if it was just my inability to properly adjust . . . or maybe it's something in the clutch control assembly?