ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
St. Louis Eastside ADV Riders

Greeting inmates! There are a lot of ADV riders in the metro east. I'm in Fairview Hgts. and take my KLR on many ADV rides. There is a lot of activity in the Mo. Adventure Riders thread on ADV but we need something in the metro east. Most of the rides in Mo. revolve around going to the Bixby area. Bixby is very cool and the roads are awesome but it takes us 2 hours to get there. I can get to the Shawnee in 1-1/2 hours.

Darren
'09 KLR Blue
*It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
motocrossross
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
'13 R1200GS
motocrossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's Kevin's Thread Starter

Kevin started the thread so I copied his post here as we kinda had a name change for the thread.

Darren

O.K. Eastside riders, It's time for us to unite! I have rode with several small renegade groups from the area. It's time we have our own place to post rides and gatherings! Darren,Thanks for the Idea.
I know you guys are out there....Lets get together and ride! Please send the link to your fellow ADV. friends.
I B A # 42258
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Jerry3567
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Millstadt reporting in! Moved from Fairview Hts. 3 years ago, lived off of Old Lincoln Trail on the far west end. Now on the upper edge of Millstadt city limits. Let's ride! Just came back from the Tail of the Dragon, and a crappy attempt of the TAT. Ready for more!

Jerry
Jerry3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Welcome Jerry

Do you have a Beemer GS? If so, I think I met you a couple of years ago as I was coming home from a trip on my KLR and stopped to chat. It was on the west end of Old Lincoln Trail. Millstadt is close to so much cool riding down in the Columbia flats, etc.

Darren
'09 KLR (Blue)
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,556
Great idea to start a east side thread. I do most of my riden in MO. but Id like to ride the east side too. I'll follow this thread. I have a day long loop from the Red Bud area, gravel and dirt. If someone want to join me on it, let me know. I have alot of time off on weekdays BTW.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
farrell caesar
Seezer

Oddometer: 390
Talking east riders

I'm retired and riding. Good idea to have something closer to home. I'm in EMU club...lunch at Bandanas every tuesday at 11 am. Have time to ride. Day rides can be good. Let's ride !
Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Farrell

I also go to some of the monthly lunches/rides at Bandanas and I've ridden with you before. I'm going to the lunch on Tuesday and I'll share the link info with the group.

Darren
'09 KLR, (Blue)

*It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
ban
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I live in Mascoutah and am up for a ride.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. - Dan Stanford
ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
Rordog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Good idea to start a thread for east siders. I live in Waterloo and know all the roads in the area, as you know from the ride earlier this year. Good job, Darren.
Rordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Rory

Rory,

Last time I saw Dennis he said you had a Versys for sale, my interest peaked. I went and test-rode one this summer at the KAW demo days. I'm glad I rode it, but it's way too small for bad knees. I love the engine, quite crisp, and it's nice to actually have that 6th gear that I always keep reaching for on my KLR. Man, if KAW could punch the engine out to 800 and put it in the KLR it would be great!

Darren
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Rordog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Darren I got rid of the Versys and KLX. I got a BMW Sertao.
Rordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #13
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, I know this thread is an IL. thing but is anyone intrested in joining this ride. http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=6550 We can start from my house in IL., hell, you can even camp there Fri..
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
farrell caesar
Seezer

Oddometer: 390
2 day ride

I sent a pm. I was looking at the LBL, land betweent the lakes ride but that is farther and more expensive. I have been wanting to go back to Pocahontas Mo. to eat at Gator's ? Scenic ride across Chester bridge...first left up to Poca. Weather looks good this weekend.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrell caesar View Post
I sent a pm. I was looking at the LBL, land betweent the lakes ride but that is farther and more expensive. I have been wanting to go back to Pocahontas Mo. to eat at Gator's ? Scenic ride across Chester bridge...first left up to Poca. Weather looks good this weekend.
The ride this weekend is still on I guess. I've been wanting to get down to Tower Rock to see if I could walk out to it. The river went up with last week’s rain but is falling again now so maybe I'll try next week. Pocahontas is on the way.