ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #16
hackrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Dual Sport Ride in Southern Indiana

Don't mean to barge in guys but thought you might be interested in the Loose Nut Dual Sport ride we are starting this year. It starts just north of Evansville IN. That's not too far from St Louis. Should be fun. Here's the link:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822082

Not too expensive (just travel costs) Hope you guys can make it
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,338
Ok, not a lot of chatter or riding going on on this thread so.anybody that doesnt work a regular job want to ride Wednesday? Its going to be the best day of the week and I'm going.
I have a few rides in mind. 1) If it dont rain any more before then, I have a nice dual sport ride from Hecker to Chester and back. 2) Id like to ride the levee on the Missouri side from south of Chester to ??? Never done that but it should be interesting this time of year. All gravel. Illinois wont let you ride them on this side. 3) Twistys to Bixby or another small town eatery. 4) To Giant City to eat and look at leaves. 5) Anything to anywhere. Just ride.

sieg screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 03:28 PM
sieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Ok, not a lot of chatter or riding going on on this thread so……….anybody that doesn’t work a regular job want to ride Wednesday? It’s going to be the best day of the week and I'm going.
I have a few rides in mind. 1) If it don’t rain any more before then, I have a nice dual sport ride from Hecker to Chester and back. 2) I’d like to ride the levee on the Missouri side from south of Chester to ??? Never done that but it should be interesting this time of year. All gravel. Illinois won’t let you ride them on this side. 3) Twistys to Bixby or another small town eatery. 4) To Giant City to eat and look at leaves. 5) Anything to anywhere. Just ride.
Hey-----------sieg----------shoot me your phone number on a PM.
I seem to have everyday off for the rest of my life -------but have major projects to get a new bike
fit for adventure travel for the weekend----------but we'll see what happens.

But.........since were both jobless---we need to ride !!!!

Mark Sampson (BigDog)
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Dead Thread

Sieg,

You may want to post your stuff on the Mo. ADV Riders thread, this one's not moving at all and should be probably deleted.

Darren

*It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #20
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwthump View Post
Sieg,

You may want to post your stuff on the Mo. ADV Riders thread, this one's not moving at all and should be probably deleted.

Darren

I linked it from there to here
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
MO side

Quote:
Ok, not a lot of chatter or riding going on on this thread so.anybody that doesnt work a regular job want to ride Wednesday? Its going to be the best day of the week and I'm going.
I have a few rides in mind. 1) If it dont rain any more before then, I have a nice dual sport ride from Hecker to Chester and back. 2) Id like to ride the levee on the Missouri side from south of Chester to ??? Never done that but it should be interesting this time of year. All gravel. Illinois wont let you ride them on this side. 3) Twistys to Bixby or another small town eatery. 4) To Giant City to eat and look at leaves. 5) Anything to anywhere. Just ride.
The only levee is along the Missouri bottom. Otherwise it is all bluff. Only 4 or 5 places to get down to the river on the on the Missouri side.

I just purchased a 990 ADV so I will be doing a few hours of riding on Wedneday. I have to be back home to Pville by 230 tho.
Themastermike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themastermike View Post
The only levee is along the Missouri bottom. Otherwise it is all bluff. Only 4 or 5 places to get down to the river on the on the Missouri side.

I just purchased a 990 ADV so I will be doing a few hours of riding on Wedneday. I have to be back home to Pville by 230 tho.
Thanks for the heads up, I've rode it north never south. Hoped it was a little more levee than bluff to 'cape. No good stuff following the river north of Ste. Gen. Little more rural going south but never done it.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Missouri doesn't need a levy, they have hills. Unlike Illinois flat land.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #24
DirtyOlLady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Laugh

Just found this thread. My husband and i are in Alton. Happy to see something for east siders.
DirtyOlLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

but

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I've rode it north never south. Hoped it was a little more levee than bluff to 'cape. No good stuff following the river north of Ste. Gen. Little more rural going south but never done it.

C road is awesome I hit in numerous times a year. Plenty of gravel to ride. Head that way if you never have
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themastermike View Post
C road is awesome I hit in numerous times a year. Plenty of gravel to ride. Head that way if you never have
Took C to Tower Rock, then The Bayou Bar and Grill in Pocahontas last Sunday for lunch.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
So. Illinois Levees

themastermike,

Me and various ADV riders run levees all the time between Columbia and Praire DuRocher. There is also a ferry at Modoc which is about 4 miles from DuRocher that takes you over to St. Genevieve. I think that you can run about 30-40 miles of gravel levees from
Columbia to DuRocher and then plenty more going south past Chester. There may be signs saying "agricultural use only", but even a large group can flash through.

Darren
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
ban
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Alphabet loop

Mix some gravel with the alphabet roads and you could have a 200 mile alphabet loop....(it is missing a few letters)

C
E
P
C
U
D
Aa
B
F
A
CC
V
Y
W
E
B
Kk
J
Hh
W
J
Nn
t
W
Ww
B
P
N
Z
M
H

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. - Dan Stanford
ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #29
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwthump View Post
themastermike,

Me and various ADV riders run levees all the time between Columbia and Praire DuRocher. There is also a ferry at Modoc which is about 4 miles from DuRocher that takes you over to St. Genevieve. I think that you can run about 30-40 miles of gravel levees from
Columbia to DuRocher and then plenty more going south past Chester. There may be signs saying "agricultural use only", but even a large group can flash through.

Darren
I have ridden every mile I can on the ill side levees from Columbia to Cairo. On the Mo side I have hugged the river from Chester to crossing back over at Cairo. River obsession. Oh well. Worse things to do.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #30
Slvrtundevl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
I live in South County, 5 minutes from my Hometown of Columbia,IL... I run and ride the levee roads all over Dupo, Columbia, Waterloo, EC all the way to Prairie Du Rocher to Chester... and to Grafton and Hardin... let me know.. Ill ride..