Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #46
Sawdoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
I purchased product from Anderwerks years ago, and they were fine, even considering i am on the East Coast.

But i must make a well know statement in business "It takes 1 Million bucks of GOOD public relations to correct 100 Bucks worth of BAD "

Anderwerks should be jumping all over the issue and this thread, after spending many years in service and sales I know how rumours and speculation can hurt a business.

This is also where most people write something insightful ......
Sawdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #47
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
I can completely understand the OP and his experience. Several years ago I took a set of tires into Dave, and asked him to replace them, and replace bearings and seals. I gave him both wheels and asked him to inspect the spacers as well. He installed the tires, installed the bearings and installed the seals. I called him on Monday and asked him if he COULD have the wheels ready for the following Friday as I had a trip. He assured me it would be no problem. I had my wife pick up up the wheels on the Thursday and found the hubs had impact marks, 5 or 6 as I recall, from a hammer, and the spacer I gave to him was missing. I phoned him early the next morning, and spoke to someone in the shop who assured me they never got the spacer. I asked to speak to Dave who wouldn't take my call, I also asked about all the makrs on the hub that weren't there before. Dave would not take my calls and had his receptionist lie that he wasn't in the office when I could hear him in the background. I called back 5 minutes later and he actually answered the phone. I talked to him briefly but he blew me off and hung up the phone. He also grossly overcharged me for the "service".

I then sent him an email outlining my experience to him giving him an opportunity to somehow make it better and he never got back to me.

Anderwerks has helped some people in their travels but it appears he has no issue with screwing with people either. I for one will never recommend or use his shop for anything. There are a number of shops in Calgary that I would happily use, GW Cycle, Motorrad are two.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Garrett
Old 09-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #48
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
So any more news on this after the great Ocktoberfest day? Or did Dave bail on that too
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #49
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,504
Didn't get to the Octoberfest deal - Mrs. Canoehead wasn't buying it, since I was going riding all last weekend in Colorado with inmates Gale BT and Fred Flintstone.

Anyway, I had to go by the shop today and I asked Dave about this thread. He said that he was aware of it and that they screwed up the job; he has contacted the OP and they had worked something out. He didn't want to get into any mudslinging here as the vendor always comes off looking bad and he felt it was better to contact the OP directly rather than post here.

He did seem genuinely concerned.

So, OP - is this resolved?

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
jdcross OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Reply to Mr Canoehead

You've heard more from Dave than I have.
I'm still wanting for the call/email he promised me on our last phone call back in August.
The Calgary BBB has written him two notices asking for his response to my complaint, but as of Sept 24 th he has not replied to them either.
So no contact from Dave and no resolution to the problem.

Jim Cross
jdcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #51
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcross View Post
You've heard more from Dave than I have.
I'm still wanting for the call/email he promised me on our last phone call back in August.
The Calgary BBB has written him two notices asking for his response to my complaint, but as of Sept 24 th he has not replied to them either.
So no contact from Dave and no resolution to the problem.

Jim Cross
WoW!!! As much as I've had issues with Dave, they pale in comparison. I can't believe his unwillingness to make it right. And fast.

And then to say he was aware of this thread and yet still chooses to ignore it....speaks volumes.

That's just fukkin wrong
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #52
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

I can understand why he wouldn't want to get into a debate online but as I said, he seemed to think it was resolved. I got the impression (and I could be wrong) that he had made some kind of offer to settle this.

OP. maybe you should call him. Sounds like a broken telephone misunderstanding to me.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #53
jdcross OP
Adventurer

I've not received an offer from Dave.

If you know him well perhaps he would tell you when and what he offered?

It's a good suggestion to call him but I the last time I called (Aug) he didn't take the call so I left a message
asking him to call me which he hasn't done.

I'm more than willing to call him again but I want to avoid an argument over the phone which won't add any value and just make things worse.

How do you suggest I handle this ?

Jim
Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #54
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcross View Post
I've not received an offer from Dave.

If you know him well perhaps he would tell you when and what he offered?

It's a good suggestion to call him but I the last time I called (Aug) he didn't take the call so I left a message
asking him to call me which he hasn't done.

I'm more than willing to call him again but I want to avoid an argument over the phone which won't add any value and just make things worse.

How do you suggest I handle this ?

Jim

Talk to your credit card company explaining everything including BBB actions. Get them to reverse the charges. Take that money and send the hub to Shail or Terry Organ.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #55
jdcross OP
Adventurer

Reply to Steve G.

Steve

I didn't discover that the final drive was not rebuilt properly until after the Visa 30 day time limit so I didn't file a disputed charge claim but I did file complaints with the Calgary BBB and Services Alberta Fair Trade Act.

At your suggestion however I will send the complaint file to Visa with an explanation of why it took so long and perhaps they will consider it.

As far as getting the drive redone, I sent it to Tom Cutter in Pennsylvania in July and Tom was the one who advised that it was not shimmed correctly nor sealed according to the BMW TSB. It's back on the RT now.

Jim
Old 09-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #56
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

I don't know him well enough to insert myself into this issue.

I am just a customer that deals with him a couple of times a season and since I was headed that way anyway, offered to ask on behalf of the group.

I have referred lots of people to Anderwerkes and never heard a complaint but I don't doubt your situation, particularly since Dave agreed that they screwed it up.

Everyone makes mistakes but how we address them is what separates the men from the boys.

My advice (fwiw) is for you to call him again and report back. Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #57
Spaggy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
I was at his shop once. I was looking for fuel qd's to replace the shitty bmw ones. He tried to sell me more bmw ones claiming that there was no alternative. Thank you Beemer Boneyard for the alternative.
He also told me that he loved this site, because he gets lots of business undoing screw ups caused by inmates working on their own bikes using advice from these forums. Tried to put the fear in me about flushing the brakes on my bike. I've done a lot of work on my bike and he hasn't had to undo any of it yet. All in all, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't been back. Too bad.
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #58
jdcross OP
Adventurer

Anderwerks update

Following Mr Canoeheads advice, I called Dave Anderson on Oct 2
Dave said on the phone he would issue a credit memo and he emailed me a credit memo for the repair bill amount.
He also mentioned in the email he would call me about the credit.
On Oct 2 I requested that he credit my Visa.
On Oct 3 I still had not heard from Dave and I advised him I would be out of town until Oct 10.
On Oct 10 when I returned I phoned Dave but he was not available. His receptionist said she would get him to call right back. No call came.
Oct 11 no call back from Dave so I emailed asking if the credit had been apllied to my Visa yet. No reply yet.

So to summarize:

Anderwerks has issued a credit memo to me but for some reason has not applied this credit against my Visa account.
Dave is not calling me about it.

A credit memo is no use to me as I'm 1100 km away and have no way to use a credit at his shop so I'm still out of pocket $574.80.

I'm puzzled why Dave hasn't called me, but I'm hoping he will credit my Visa or send me a cheque so I'll have my money back.

More news to follow as it happens.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #59
yamalama
wet coaster

Oddometer: 1,137
Jeez.
This is pathetic.
yamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #60
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Update?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2