Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
Bark
Panic Dancer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
Quartzsite??? We spend the winter in Bouse......just up the road. Several in our RV park ride. We like to ride to Prescott and Jerome for lunch......FUN road. Like you we do most of our riding in AZ during the winter.
Small world. We live in Nikiski (retired State) and are rockhounds. Kept our Truck and trailer parked in CA this summer. If we had to drive the Alcan one more time I was going to scream. Be back down south in two more weeks but wont be in AZ until Jan.
Sniff---riding that road sounds like fun but I got rid of my last street bike (81 Silverwing) this year. Now All I have left are two TLR200's that are perfect for looking for rocks but not so good for going to lunch on.
Bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
Wheeldog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able View Post
Small world. We live in Nikiski (retired State) and are rockhounds. Kept our Truck and trailer parked in CA this summer. If we had to drive the Alcan one more time I was going to scream. Be back down south in two more weeks but wont be in AZ until Jan.
Sniff---riding that road sounds like fun but I got rid of my last street bike (81 Silverwing) this year. Now All I have left are two TLR200's that are perfect for looking for rocks but not so good for going to lunch on.
I enjoy driving the Alcan.....BUT.....don't like the price tag (gas) to get a rig to AZ. We have a 5th wheel at a park in Bouse......we leave it there year around. Keep a couple of motorcycles (road bikes) and a couple pickups there. I had my KLR 650 down there one winter, but it is too heavy for all the soft sand......soooooooooo I keep it here in Alaska. Your bikes should do well though. We fly down and back.

We will have to get together for lunch in sometime this winter.....we like Taco Mia in Quartzsite.
Wheeldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
Bark
Panic Dancer

Oddometer: 66
Sounds good. I will PM you in Dec when we figure out how long we are going to be there. Ummm, in late Jan a few years ago, the last time we were supposed to meet up with people we don't know in Quartzite, that stupid storm came through and they had the tornado in Blythe (we were at the K-Mart). We hooked up and didn't stop until Texas. Always wondered what happened to them..

Well, back to wondering what ever happend to the starter of this thread, togume. Hope he made it because this weather isnt getting much better.
Bark is offline   Reply With Quote