ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #136
CJames0587
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
You will be missed Kevin. I will drink a Hamms for you
Those weren't as bad as I remembered.

I wanted to go on this but the wife reminded me she's out of town and I've got to watch the dogs. I'll save the tracks and hope to ride this route when it's warmer. Have fun everyone, hope the weather is nice.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #137
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
+1 on camping
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #138
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Looks like we are up to 8 campers... Practice lies now!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #139
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 68
Friday Supper- Log Inn

Im doing dinner, or supper as we call it in So Indiana, at the Log Inn on Friday night. 6:30 Central time. Bulls4ever and George are planning to attend. We could handle another 2-4 inmates without it being too hard to get a seat. I'll try to get reservations, but that doesnt' always work depending on their walk ins.
They have family style chicken, roast beef, ham, catfish fiddlers. But the chicken is their specialty. Also, and in line with the theme of the weekend ride, it's a historical site: Abe LIncoln slept here once when it was a trading post and Inn, and its Indiana's Oldest Restaurant. My mom fried chicken and fiddler here for 25 years, retiring only a few years ago.

Please let me know if anyone else wants in. tx Bill
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #140
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo77 View Post
Im doing dinner, or supper as we call it in So Indiana, at the Log Inn on Friday night. 6:30 Central time. Bulls4ever and George are planning to attend. We could handle another 2-4 inmates without it being too hard to get a seat. I'll try to get reservations, but that doesnt' always work depending on their walk ins.
They have family style chicken, roast beef, ham, catfish fiddlers. But the chicken is their specialty. Also, and in line with the theme of the weekend ride, it's a historical site: Abe LIncoln slept here once when it was a trading post and Inn, and its Indiana's Oldest Restaurant. My mom fried chicken and fiddler here for 25 years, retiring only a few years ago.

Three of us inmates have the same plan but will be there around 5:00. Did not want to wait till later, thought it may be easier to get a seat early. Got a phone # for reservations???
Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #141
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Three of us inmates have the same plan but will be there around 5:00. Did not want to wait till later, thought it may be easier to get a seat early. Got a phone # for reservations???
Log Inn only takes reservations for large groups. 10 people or more. If you go at 5 pm, with 3, you should be just fine. minimal wait. The phone number as requested, (812) 867-3216
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #142
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,797
Ugh.....Amy and I both wish we were going.
Just not in the cards. Or the wallet. We need a sponsor.
Take lots of pics!!!
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #143
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
It's not going to rain!!! Right??
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #144
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo77 View Post

See you tomorrow afternoon Bill. We will stop at your place and introduce ourselves, get a motel , then meet you at the Log Inn for chow at 1830 hrs.MMMMmmmmmm chicken. See you Sat AM Indiana Bones.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #145
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,697
Start Time

Loose Nut----in post #29 you posted a suggested start time of 7AM----------and of course anybody can start anytime they want.

But for those folks that may be coordinating with buddies when to arrive and start riding (me)--------what time zone is the Flying J in------------me and Road Dad are not sure about this. I just talked to Road Dad and he doesn't know the time zone himself-----and he's a native.

And----what time zone is Rockport in-------boy this is getting confusing for us ole' farts.

The sun will crest the horizon about 7:20 AM central time at the Flying J.

On the same note to confuse people even further-----------turn your clocks back 1 hour before you crawl into your sleeping bag Saturday night.

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #146
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
Loose Nut----in post #29 you posted a suggested start time of 7AM----------and of course anybody can start anytime they want.

But for those folks that may be coordinating with buddies when to arrive and start riding (me)--------what time zone is the Flying J in------------me and Road Dad are not sure about this. I just talked to Road Dad and he doesn't know the time zone himself.

On the same note to confuse people even further-----------turn your clocks back 1 hour before you crawl into your sleeping bag Saturday night.

BigDog

the Flying J is in central time zone
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #147
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post

But for those folks that may be coordinating with buddies when to arrive and start riding (me)--------what time zone is the Flying J in------------me and Road Dad are not sure about this. I just talked to Road Dad and he doesn't know the time zone himself-----and he's a native.

And----what time zone is Rockport in-------boy this is getting confusing for us ole' farts.

The sun will crest the horizon about 7:20 AM central time at the Flying J.

BigDog

Rockport, IN is also in central time zone. Our start and finish of sat and sun will be in central time zone. all parts of saturdays ride will be in the central time zone........Now to help confuse folks- sundays ride will dip into the EASTERN TIME ZONE.

and yes thank you for the reminder, we'll have to turn back our clocks on saturday night............
Old 11-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #148
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Just watched the forcast, looks like mid to upper 50"s for the high and a 25% chance of scattered showers late sat. nite, dry sunday.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #149
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

guysjust a note to wish everyone a safe trip.........and remind everybody to take pictures and post them on ADV........hope you all have a great time......we'll try to make next years ride even better. we're already putting the plans together and starting to scout new roads.

if you can find Picture Rock in Interlake maybe you will have better luck getting a motorcycle on it.......maybe this is just for atv's and rock buggies.........this was the best i could do - apparently, i need l some pointers from the trials guys

Get here safe and lets have a great ride
Old 11-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #150
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
if you can find Picture Rock in Interlake maybe you will have better luck getting a motorcycle on it.......maybe this is just for atv's and rock buggies.........this was the best i could do - apparently, i need l some pointers from the trials guys

Get here safe and lets have a great ride
Look like a good ramp to me

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote