ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #181
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,136
Just made it home...what a hoot!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #182
Wolfgang5320
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thanks to everyone for their assistance & advice today. & thanks to everyone who put this together. I still won't look for them, but thanks to the older gentleman on the Honda I don't dread gravel roads anymore. This noob had a blast today!!
Wolfgang5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #183
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,136

Honda kick starts in the cold...BMW jump starts in the cold.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #184
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 68
Favorite Thing and Least favorite thing

Let's hear it from all you Inmates and guests. Post your favorite part of the weekend and the least favorite too! This is a great way to "relive" the ride and it will give Loose Nut and our gang some things to work on for next year. I"ll start:

Favorite thing: Great views of Fall foliage on elevation change and curvy roads. This was the best.

Now for the Least favorite thing? Let me think!? uhm, there a couple that have a close tie! Let's see, how about this moment right here:

I've been in colder water for sure, but this stuff had a smell! I got lots more on me by the time we got me outa this mess. Several inmates helped this poor little guy outa the smelly water hole. Some others joined me by laying in the water hole too- just so I would feel alone. It reminded me of the Adam Sandler movie where the little boy peed himself, then Adam Sandler peed himself too so it wasn't so awkward. It's good to have friends.

Thanks guys! George dropped in too, but I could n't get a picture. then comes Richard...

I really really enjoyed much about the weekend and I will share other thoughts and photos over the next few days! I sure met lots of good folks. thanks all!

Billgo77

billgo77 screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 05:39 PM Reason: spelling errors. duh!
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #185
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188

The start of loser buys?
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #186
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 331
Favorite Thing:

My favorite part of the ride was: Beautiful Fall Weather, Riding Buddies, Old Bridges, Owensboro Riverfront by Moonlight..........oh wait, you said one thing - i gotta think about this...............

Least Favorite - I fell down in the sand but nobody saw it or got a picture, so I don't have to say that - WAIT, I got it - LOUD music at the Rockport Inn tavern after supper

Now I just have to trim down my favorite list - gonna be hard - I had a great time riding and visiting with all of you -

Thanks again hackerman, billgo77, triumphsidehack, crashalot, saddlsor, and hardroad (who claimed he was too sick to ride with us - probably just another one of my friends who doesn't like me anymore - wait, I married his daughter, he has to like me - I'm family) all your work, time, effort, running down tracks, checking to make sure roads/bridges were open, etc made the ride a GREAT success. THANK YOU
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #187
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
My Favorites

More pics to come-------but here's a few of my favorites.

And thanks to all that helped make this route and share with all of us.
I had so much fun on this ride---and was taken to so many places I've never been.
And got a great history lesson from LooseNut himself at the many places we stopped at.

Mr. Loosenut-----------now how did he get that nickname ????
He told me a story---but I'm not sure I believe it.

Me and my longtime friend of more years than I remember--------Roger Hayes who came with me on this ride.

We got a history lesson at every neat place.

And ----------drum roll please..................my best picture along the Ohio river looking at the bridge over to Owensboro, Ky.
We rode for 2 hrs. in the dark----on a rutted up dirt road infested with big mudholes------it was a hoot !!!!

Campfire

If you didn't climb the firetower----------shame on you-----------this old man did.

2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #188
hackrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Well I had a great time. Hope everybody comes back next year. Here are some random pictures I took:

This was at the start. Looked like a grey day but turned into a great day weather wise & ride/friend wise

That was taken at the St Joseph Grotto.

This was at the Huffman Mill Covered Bridge

Sure was great to meet everybody. Not a bad apple in the whole group
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #189
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
So if i"m counting correctley we have the icebreaker ride, Mo. swinging bridges ride,hnf ride and now the loose nut ride... Maybe Indiana isnt so bad after all..
Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #190
triumphsidehack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Owensboro photo

Thanks BigDog , for the great photo of the blue bridge across from Owensboro, Ky. My son and I were concerned when a few of the riders didn't show up around sunset in Rockport. But after hearing you were with Loose Nut & Hackman we knew you were in good hands and safe..........and how lucky to be running a little late and get that amazing photo of the bridge all lit up and shining on the Ohio.
Running with Loose Nut is always and adventure and he will always keep you enlightened & informed ....the guy knows his stuff and can take you on the most fun filled rides ever. Got to ride back with his son Iron-Hawk { Noah } on Sunday .......and it looks as if there is a Loose Nut Jr in the making's . The Lad can ride ! ......... and what a great human being ! heck the whole dang family is from good stock.
Anyway , it was great to have you and Roger over to ride with us and hope you guys come back soon and to all the riders who rode " a real big thank you " and ride safe and often.

Yeeeee Yeeeee Yeeee Live Action
Maybe Turtle man will make it over next year

triumphsidehack screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 12:45 PM
triumphsidehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #191
hackrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
Just rolled in to Bloomington. Thanks to Loose Nut and his gang for putting on the best dual sport ride I have ever been on in Indiana! I had an absolute blast and the weekend could have not been more perfect. I cannot wait to see everyones pictures and videos, especially of Interlake It was a pleasure meeting and riding with everyone I met this weekend. Hope to do it all again soon, or at least next year.
THANKS! You're a very intelligent, perceptive individual! lol. Tell everybody you know and come back next year. We'll try to make it better.
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #192
Iron_HawK
Farkle Enthusiast

Oddometer: 52
Great ride guys! Fun riding and meeting everyone! Maybe next time I can ride both days

-Noah

Iron_HawK screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 11:20 AM
Iron_HawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #193
MCRIDER1959
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Thanks to all who put on this great weekend dual sport ride in S.W. Indiana. Lots of good roads, good scenery, good history lessons on stuff we saw and good people to ride and camp with!! I had a BLAST!!!
Roger
MCRIDER1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #194
billgo77
billgo77

Darn stickers are everywhere

someone went and put this on my bike when I was sleeping Saturday night. I want to thank all of you's who are inquiring about my the health of my Versys. She's feeling better now. I gave her a bath last night and tucked her in. She's well rested again, and has no need to lay down on me again.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #195
billgo77
billgo77

Bullz4ever and George- Michigan boys

These seasoned veterans came in from Michigan to ride with us. Jeff (bullz) is very friendly and wants to show us some adv type hospitality. Well, right back atcha, bullz!George doesnt talk as much, but his riding speaks for himself. I hope Im out there cutting up adventures all over the US at your age. It was great hosting you, and thanks for the riding advice for the noobs among us. Great riders, both of you. stay in touch...