ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #196
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 330
Wicked

ADVENTURE..........

I'd like to nominate billgo77 as the new poster boy...........when i grow up, i hope i can ride half as good as you....you da MAN

Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #197
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
ADVENTURE..........

I'd like to nominate billgo77 as the new poster boy...........when i grow up, i hope i can ride half as good as you....you da MAN

I can smell the stench from here. .......
Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #198
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Saturday night accommodations.. You guys can laugh all you want but that thing was a b**** to pack!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Backmarker screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 02:23 PM
Backmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #199
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 1,078
I have to think that Bills crash bars paid for themselves ten times over this past weekend haha
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #200
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
What can I only say but, WOW

This has to rank in the top of rides I have been on. Sore as hell today, but still doing this

Meet some really good new friends and saw some old ones as well. I don't think it could get any better than this one did. Weather was really great, not too cool at night. The big fire at camp really helped out, thanks Backmarker for having it all set up for us when we got there.

Saturday's pace was just great. We may have missed a few sights along the way, but we were having soooomuch fun . I'm sure the ride would have been a 180 if the roads were wet, but they were dry with mud holes. Lunch was different than anything I have seen. Grilled/Cheese Burger w/fried egg. Deep friend Cheese Burger. I was fat enought so I opted out on that one. Then meeting up with everyone at the Pub for some good food and a few cold ones made the day a complete winner.

We opted to head out with a different group on Sun morning with Bill as our leader for the day. It was a great ride too. Got to see so many places and sights that made up for Saturday's pace.

Then we hit Interlake and it was a blast.....Completly loaded D/S bikes on muddy trailes = some good times for some and a few bruised egos for others, but all enjoyed it. I got to go down to the new Rock Garden that they built there. It is masive and something too see. I ran back to the parkinglot to get everyone and they were all heading out. I was in total shock when we first pulled into the one parking spot and saw all the quads playing in the mud and acting like fools with no helmets, girlfriends on back and the Orange Bush Camo Beer Can in everyones hands as they came driving by us, most had the coolers strapped to the rear rack. Now I know RedBird is the sister park to this one and you come up here and try that you, will be throwed in back of a car and taken away. Just amazes me how 2 parks have different rules.

I made it home and went to the shop and turned the water heater as hot as it would get and stood in the shower until I looked like a prune and it was all over with...another one for the record books. Can't wait til the next one.

As far as I know there was nobody hurt or any major breakdowns which is what always makes it a good ride.

Thanks to Loose Nut, Backmarker and Billgo77 and all others who helped out the routes.

There was only one major PUCKER FACTOR for me I still feel bad for doing it, but I had only one option.
RIP FIDO, I'm sure you are missed right now.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #201
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang5320 View Post
Thanks to everyone for their assistance & advice today. & thanks to everyone who put this together. I still won't look for them, but thanks to the older gentleman on the Honda I don't dread gravel roads anymore. This noob had a blast today!!
You're welcome, I saw that you were having some issues on the gravel and thought that might be the problem.

That's what were all here for, to help others out and have fun.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #202
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo77 View Post

Billgo77
Carter, you got that thing all shined up again yet?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #203
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry if the pace was to fast,you should have slapped me and said slow down... Works for the wife.... Now where am I gonna put this dang sticker??? Here??

Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #204
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
Sorry if the pace was to fast,you should have slapped me and said slow down... Works for the wife.... Now where am I gonna put this dang sticker??? Here??

Nothing wrong with the pace....I loved it as well as the others, I think.

Enjoyed watching that TE run all day.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #205
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentnothstine View Post
Hey, tell buls4evr to check his tire pressure every chance he gets....

Crazy Kent from Traverse City MI really wanted to come but just could not. He knows I NEVER VARY my tire pressure from 18R, 16F no matter what terrain I am in. Inside joke for me. i wish he could have been there. He would have enjoyed this immensely. maybe next year! he needs to meet some crazy Hoosiers....and get out of that sand pit up there!
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #206
buls4evr
No Marks....

Quote:
I hope everyone is having a great time. SO FAR, I am having a blast. if you get a chance make sure to thank the guys who helped put this together: triumphside, saddlsor, billgo77, hackerman, crashalot. i can tell you we've had about as much fun pre-riding and putting the tracks together as we have riding with all of you. Thanks for showing up and riding with us. Please post pictures of your ride and new/old friends..........I'm sure there are already some stories to tell.

we got to see the melon trucks all tucked away for the winter

Plow day in new harmony- they tried to talk me into hooking up to the garden tractor rig, but I really didnt want to get showed up by two horsepower..........

this team could really move through the field

we promised an Ohio river sandbar experience, but the river was a little too high and all we got was a dead end road......funny thing was i saw knobby tracks coming OUT of the water..........

Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride 2013 is already in the works.......get the word out.......we're gonna try and make it even better
I only rode out to the buoy then came back in. it was pretty shallow by the buoy..............................
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #207
buls4evr
No Marks....

Quote:
ADVENTURE..........

I will second that nomination..... And you missed his SAVE of that beast just before we got to Huntingsburg... All crossed up , over to the ditch, full lock fork swap and SAVED IT MAN.... Right after that I smelled SHIT. I think he soiled himself but can't be sure. He would REALLY HAVE been THE MAN if he had ridden through the MUD HOLE and not fallen in the green toxic waste there. That was a deal breaker...... Entertaining though.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #208
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
I will second that nomination..... And you missed his SAVE of that beast just before we got to Huntingsburg... All crossed up , over to the ditch, full lock fork swap and SAVED IT MAN.... Right after that I smelled SHIT. I think he soiled himself but can't be sure. He would REALLY HAVE been THE MAN if he had ridden through the MUD HOLE and not fallen in the green toxic waste there. That was a deal breaker...... Entertaining though.
I was really amazed how that bike handled everything.

Heard they do pretty good. Seen one on here with knobbies, looked pretty cool
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #209
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
So if i"m counting correctley we have the icebreaker ride, Mo. swinging bridges ride,hnf ride and now the loose nut ride... Maybe Indiana isnt so bad after all..
You left out Ride or Die...a fast paced tour of Parke County in June.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #210
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Bones View Post
You left out Ride or Die...a fast paced tour of Parke County in June.

What he said