ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #76
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCBRXX View Post
I was talking to Carman Jackson from the DNR @ Redbird yesterday and I was telling her about this ride, that we would be making a pass through the property.

She informed me about this Toy's for TOTS that day

What do you guys think...lets make a showing as we go through

I'd love for us to make a great showing, but if you follow the suggested route/track, we'll be going thru Interlake on sunday, Nov 4. Can you check and let us know if the Toys for Tots will still be collecting on Sunday also. That would be awesome if we could drop off some gifts for them.
Loose Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #77
saddlsor
my butt hurts

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphsidehack View Post
Yeh doggies .... The big boss man says I can be the STAFF Director of this here gitt together, and that means I gitt to ware that real purty Green Staff thing'y over my gear stuff . Man ' I'm in D-Sport hog heaven. Not only I'm I going on this hear loose nut thing'y ride , I gitt to ware a neat'o thing'y Staff vest over my gear dud's. Sorry Saddlsor - he ask me first so if you want to be my Staff Proto-J .............. I'll need a Melo-yelo and a moon pie when we get to Rockport . Oh yowl .....and if it's muddy you gitt to wash the Staff Director's moto-sickel. and lube my chain. Man I'm really gitt'en the hang of this Staff'en stuff ! The big boss man say's if I do a good job, he'll get me a inter'vue on that Donald Trump show, but no promiss's about gitt'en fired. Yeh doggies .........I think I'm reddy for the big time

Oh bytheway ........... He say's I need to gitt at least twinty more feller's on this loose bolt thing'y ride. So Saddlsor you better gitt some mor moon pie's ! maybee that'll getum all stoked up and rarr'en to hit the trails. I'm not sure , but i think Turttle Man may be com'en over for the ride if he can gitt away.

Yeeeee Yeeee Yeeeeee " Live action "
you really need to lay off the hooch.....

99 dr350
78 r80

saddlsor screwed with this post 10-14-2012 at 08:29 PM
saddlsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #78
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,230
It should be said that the deer in this area outnumber people and gun season starts around this weekend as well. Bow season is already in. I work in autobody repair and we had 4 deer hits come in Friday alone! Riding at dawn or dusk is the worst time and everyone should be aware of this. Ride safe.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #79
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,256
You are telling me.... Up here in MI "dodge the doe" is like a video game in the morning.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #80
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
What was starting time at the Flying J again? 0630? Is it even light yet then? Save some stickers for Indiana Bones and Buls4evr for sure. Is that Eastern time or Central down there? NO RAIN....

I'll make sure that Indiana Bones and Buls4evr get stickers..........you may want to see them first - i'll get a picture up this evening
Old 10-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #81
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
I'd love for us to make a great showing, but if you follow the suggested route/track, we'll be going thru Interlake on sunday, Nov 4. Can you check and let us know if the Toys for Tots will still be collecting on Sunday also. That would be awesome if we could drop off some gifts for them.

I haven't even looked at the route yet. I thought we were going through on Saturday morning.

I can look into it if you want if there is a intrest in such a thing.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #82
buls4evr
No Marks....

For my part we can ride by Interlake. I see only about 12 hrs. of daylight this time of year. We will be hard pressed to stop and see any sights if we dally there. I really would like to do the 200 miles before dark if possible. Stopping a lot would be no problem in the summer but this day is short with pretty long mileage.JMO though as an experienced group leader. This is a big day and a big group.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #83
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
For my part we can ride by Interlake. I see only about 12 hrs. of daylight this time of year. We will be hard pressed to stop and see any sights if we dally there. I really would like to do the 200 miles before dark if possible. Stopping a lot would be no problem in the summer but this day is short with pretty long mileage.JMO though as an experienced group leader. This is a big day and a big group.
I agree it will be dark when everyone arrives in Rockport Sat. nite if we stop much.The group i"m going with will bypass interlake as well. I"m to old to ride in circles.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #84
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
I also agree, The amount of miles to put in that day will be pushing it.

I have done 250 in a day and pushing bugs at night to get to camp in late fall in Texas once, all because of smoke breaks....
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #85
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCBRXX View Post
I also agree, The amount of miles to put in that day will be pushing it.

I have done 250 in a day and pushing bugs at night to get to camp in late fall in Texas once, all because of smoke breaks....
I like smoke breaks...
Old 10-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #86
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

I did a couple of 500 mile days over a 4 day weekend with inmate Roadad on my te-630. Fill up the tank,ride 125 miles fill up again etc.... We dont smoke.... Now icecream is a whole other story... I should add that on one of those weekend days we left breakfast around 8:00 am rode 22 miles and it was 12:30, time for lunch, a handsaw was a must have that morning...

Backmarker screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 06:07 PM
Backmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #87
buls4evr
No Marks....

Just thought that the organizers should know(from my conversation with proprietor) that Rockport Inn B&B thinks that we want breakfast AT 0900!!! Isn't that too late? And they did not know anything about a ride group she says! This should be covered with her soon. More like breakfast at 0730 at latest? It is still a 120 mile day ahead of us. Thanks....
Old 10-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #88
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

STICKERS!!!!!!!!! finally, had great intentions to get the bike out in the woods and get a great picture - oh well, how about one with the bike stuck in the shop

Now if we think we can really get the TURTLE MAN to join us - I'm all in - matter of fact, I got us a picture of a big 'un going after Saddlsor -

Not sure that we'll have many turtles to dodge in November, but this one was found on one of the roads we'll run

Ya gotta love them big turtles
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #89
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 914
Sweet sticker! Really looking forward to this ride. It looks like we will be covering a lot of new ground for me.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #90
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone picked a Friday nite motel yet? I am looking for one that is within walking distance of a restaurant?