ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #91
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Tkcs for the Roadglide have arrived ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #92
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
Anyone picked a Friday nite motel yet? I am looking for one that is within walking distance of a restaurant?
all of the hotels suggested Friday nite hotels) are within walking distance (basically next door) to McDonalds, Arbys, & Denny's. ....across the four lane from (but still within walking distance) from Stoll's Amish Buffet. I would highly recommend a short ride to the Log Inn for supper(it's a waypoint in the gps file) just northeast a mile or so from the friday night motels and some of the best fried chicken and fiddlers southern Indiana has to offer. i think groups of four or more can each select their own main dish and get all of the side fixin's they can eat family style. You will not go away hungry from the Log Inn.

Hope you all have a chance to try it.
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #93
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Laugh

Quote:
Tkcs for the Roadglide have arrived ...

Makin' me jealous - knowing that you are gonna be stylin' with the knobbies on the RoadGlide. you'll probably have the plushest ride of the whole group...............Hey, CAN I RIDE on the back? I'm sure that I weigh enough to give you a gravitational advantage if we get into any slick stuff - plus its gotta have a better seat than the old suzuki
Old 10-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #94
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
Makin' me jealous - knowing that you are gonna be stylin' with the knobbies on the RoadGlide. you'll probably have the plushest ride of the whole group...............Hey, CAN I RIDE on the back? I'm sure that I weigh enough to give you a gravitational advantage if we get into any slick stuff - plus its gotta have a better seat than the old suzuki
I'm kind of picky about who rides on the back of my hog.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #95
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
I'm kind of picky about who rides on the back of my hog.

Dang............I guess fat guys are out of the question also
Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #96
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Dang............I guess fat guys are out of the question also
Tell you what. You put on a thong and a bikini top and I'll give you a ride that no one will forget...
Old 10-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #97
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Tell you what. You put on a thong and a bikini top and I'll give you a ride that no one will forget...

I'm thinking that the old suzuki seat is starting to look a lot better..........and to keep the official Staff Director from calling a meeting and booting me off this ride.............I'll have to pass this time........but someday, we may just have to put on a SHOW
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #98
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Will there be some kind of riders meeting at Flying J on the morning of the ride? I would suggest that your crew that knows the layout become known to the rest of us who don't. You also might want to give some final instructions about where you will be on Sat. night. I would like to thank you in advance for all your hard work on this LooseNut. I know it is more complicated than most realize.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #99
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Will there be some kind of riders meeting at Flying J on the morning of the ride? I would suggest that your crew that knows the layout become known to the rest of us who don't. You also might want to give some final instructions about where you will be on Sat. night. I would like to thank you in advance for all your hard work on this LooseNut. I know it is more complicated than most realize.

Great suggestion - but - NO - there is NOT an official, mandatory attendance riders meeting planned at the Flying J start point.

This is a totally unofficial, self guided, self supported, NO rules, NO services offered, ride at your own risk type of event. We are NOT really intending to make it required for everyone to be together at the exact same place at the exact same time. We just tried to put together a series of suggested GPS tracks/routes, gas stops, food stops, points of interest, lodging options, etc that would make it easier for most ADVer's to take a Dual Sport tour of SW Indiana. Our hopes were that (generally because the more the merrier) we'd spark a level of interest and that several of us locals would be joined by both old and New Friends for riding on Nov 3 & 4, 2012. If anyone can't ride with us on Nov 3rd & 4th, please download and save the GPS file and ride this at your own convenience. This really is a fun dual sport loop with interesting stops and views.

HOWEVER, there will be several of us locals ( including our beloved Staff Derecktar and possibly Pumkin Boy) hanging out Saturday morning (not before 6:30am and probably not after 8:30am central times) at the Flying J truck stop for breakfast, fuel, questions and answers, unofficial start point gathering, sticker releases, photo opportunities, etc. This will be a great spot for everyone to gather up with their riding buddies, old friends to meet new friends, NON-GPS users to find, meet, partner up with GPS owners and plan their ride. It is NOT a mandatory/required riders meeting, only a convenient starting point. Everyone should plan their own ride and ride your own bike.

Yes, there will be riders here fast enough to visit every waypoint AND still make it to Rockport before lunch. Please don't try to keep up with them if your riding skills and insurance (bike and health) carriers won't support that type of hooliganisms. AND, I can already anticipate the complaints about the road conditions, dirt, mud, dust, mileage too short, mileage too long, hot weather, cold weather, rain, the sun was too bright, that water was too deep, I didn't know ???, etc. We can't satisfy everyone - so my goal is to frustrate everyone equally - We will try to listen to everyone and any/all the complaints and do our best to make the 2013 Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride as good or better. Hopefully, there won't be too many complaints or I'll just start acting like I care.

START early if you want to detour, dawdle, stop, visit, smoke, take pictures, and eat ice cream at every possible point of interest.

We are riding mostly gravel and dirt roads if its dry, itll be dusty and folks would be well suited to spread out and to put some separation between groups. If its been rainy we wont have to worry about dust BUT there will be several very slick dirt roads you should be running knobbies or you should reroute around those roads.

Saturday evening , I plan to be at the Rockport Inn (tavern side or on the front porch) for supper, conversation, fellowship, passing out stickers to anyone I missed Saturday morning, etcIm NOT sure what everyone else has planned for their supper stop, Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

Sunday morning breakfast at either the Rustic or Comfort Inn I will probably try to head out from the Rockport Comfort Inn around 7:30 or 8am to start Sundays ride.

Please continue to post questions, comments and concerns - we'll do our best to address them

AND - buls4evr - Thank you for your appreciation of our efforts so far - yes, it has been more complicated than expected at times - but we think it will be more than worth the effort.

Im sure it will be a GREAT time. Anxious to meet and ride with some NEW friends mostly because Im not sure that my old friends like me anymore
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #100
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

I guess asking for free donuts at the start is a bit over the top huh?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #101
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 68
Run what you Brung

Loose Nut, thanks for reconouitering the pertinant data about the ride. It looks like a synopsis of the previous 7 pages of photos and yammering- all wrapped up in one post.. Bravo! Now to change the subject, as one of the locals,and as you suspected in your post, I admit I don't like you anymore, so Im hopeful some of the out of towners find you engaging. You've still got your darn good looks to lure em in.

Hey, I'll see you at the flying J around 7 am. I'm looking for a few out of towners who will ride with me. let me tell my riding profile. I like to ride the gravel at around 40-45, I like to see most waypoints you've pointed out, and I take a few pictures of nature, landmarks, bikes raisng heck, and even bikes with the tire being spooned off along side the road.( so don't rush me when Im snapping a quick photo.) Im riding my Versys, and there will be a WR250R with a Geepus with me as well, so come dust or mud, you may have an option to go wild, or be take a safer go around.

I dont smoke and Im lactose incontenant so ice cream is rationed. I sometimes eat the rolling faux meat products at convenience stores (dont tell my wife or doctor). I do like a beer at the end of a great day of riding, so I'll be at Rockport for supper and swapping stories with other inmates well before dark.

Man, just thinking about those rolling meat products has made me hungry. cant wait! cant wait.
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #102
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
I guess asking for free donuts at the start is a bit over the top huh?
DONUTS. - never even crossed my mind..........you guys think of everything.

How many donuts does it take to win new friends and influence enemies? I think you may be on to something here.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 AM   #103
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo77 View Post
Loose Nut, thanks for reconouitering the pertinant data about the ride. It looks like a synopsis of the previous 7 pages of photos and yammering- all wrapped up in one post.. Bravo! Now to change the subject, as one of the locals,and as you suspected in your post, I admit I don't like you anymore, so Im hopeful some of the out of towners find you engaging. You've still got your darn good looks to lure em in.

Hey, I'll see you at the flying J around 7 am. I'm looking for a few out of towners who will ride with me. let me tell my riding profile. I like to ride the gravel at around 40-45, I like to see most waypoints you've pointed out, and I take a few pictures of nature, landmarks, bikes raisng heck, and even bikes with the tire being spooned off along side the road.( so don't rush me when Im snapping a quick photo.) Im riding my Versys, and there will be a WR250R with a Geepus with me as well, so come dust or mud, you may have an option to go wild, or be take a safer go around.

I dont smoke and Im lactose incontenant so ice cream is rationed. I sometimes eat the rolling faux meat products at convenience stores (dont tell my wife or doctor). I do like a beer at the end of a great day of riding, so I'll be

at Rockport for supper and swapping stories with other inmates well before dark.

Man, just thinking about those rolling meat products has made me hungry. cant wait! cant wait.

I can see we will get along great Billgo77.....and no wimpering.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #104
triumphsidehack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Ani't Moon Pies good enough for you boys

Quote:
DONUTS. - never even crossed my mind..........you guys think of everything.

How many donuts does it take to win new friends and influence enemies? I think you may be on to something here.
Hey Boss Man , what'a my gonn'a do with all them moon pies i done went and gitt and does this mean I got to gitt a bunch of jellie rolls and long johns now ???
triumphsidehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #105
triumphsidehack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Thumbs down Turtle man " don't do no Spam "

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgo77 View Post

I dont smoke and Im lactose incontenant so ice cream is rationed. I sometimes eat the rolling faux meat products at convenience stores (dont tell my wife or doctor). I do like a beer at the end of a great day of riding, so I'll be at Rockport for supper and swapping stories with other inmates well before dark.

And does this mean I's got to bring can Spam for billgo77 ...... iff'en the Turttle Man was'ta show up he may gitt affended causen he don't eat spam no more: he says it may have critter fix'ens in it and he won't take no risk in regards to partaken and comsumtion of his little buddies. I think maybe i'll give billgo77 a extra Moon pie and ween him off of them thar Spam vittles

triumphsidehack screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 02:05 PM
triumphsidehack is offline   Reply With Quote