Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #316
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiver View Post
Gents, Is this actually a group buy? Can anyone point me to the page where the particulars are located? I am probably interested.

I read the first couple pages and watched the video twice.

DD
Lot of different "particulars." In September, the tool itself was about 150 USD plus International shipping. Are was giving a 25% discount if we ordered more than 20. And I was able to calculate the optimum number of tools and adapters and shipping boxes to get the price down to 114 delivered TYD. I think it was about 50 tools plus an assortment of the adapters in 3 boxes. International shipping limits size and weight per each box. The Cafe Husky guys paid 120 each delivered,

So, you need at least 20 tool orders (actually more since not everybody on the list will be ready to buy when it's time) before you can place an order. IDK if he still has the same pricing and I don't know the $/Euro conversion right now. When we did the GB, it took me one evening just to unpack the shipment, another to repack the tools into the USPS boxes, and 2 evenings to print all the shipping labels and attach. The USPS sent a truck to my office to pick all the boxes up, I only had to go to the post office twice and that was for Canadian inmates. The hardest part was keeping ADV screen names, real names, email addys and shipping addresses straight, as well as who wanted what LOL.

Like I said a few pages back, I think the stands will make the order more complicated. First off, they're not gonna fit in a flat rate box, which was the beauty of the first group buy. The first time around I just ordered the boxes from USPS and I had them before the tools ever arrived. Then I just printed the labels up since I have a USPS account and stuck them on the boxes. The stands are going to need their own box plus I'll have to go to UPS or the PO with all the packages and ship them out individually. So it will take more time and $.

I would be happy to help out with another group buy, and it would be easier for me since I've done it once already. But I may prefer to just do tools and adapters like last time. I will get info and pricing on the stands, and then we can decide which way to go. It won't hurt my feelings if someone wants to take the current list and run with it, especially if we end up ordering a bunch of the stands as well.

Ill keep adding to the list if someone posts up or sends me a PM that they are interested. I am NOT keeping track of stand requests at this time, but when I figure out the logistics I will post them up and then inmates can decide in or out. Once we get enough interest in the tools, ill contact Are and ask about the stands. I do know he's coming to the US this month, so I don't know when he'll be back to making the tools. I know that he made our tools after I sent him payment, I don't think he keeps a big inventory.

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #317
vonotto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Sounds good, thx for helping out
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #318
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Looks interesting. What kinds of wheels require adapters?
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #319
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,632
Any video on using it on a 21 front wheel?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #320
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,253
Hey PMR - just wanted to let you know we've probably mounted 6 tires since the tool came in.
Next beer's on me
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #321
mototwin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
PMR,
You have done a lot of work putting this together for us and I see no need to complicate your life even more with the stands. Maybe you could arrange a discounted price for the few of us that are interested in the stands and then have them shipped directly to each inmate. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #322
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Hey PMR - just wanted to let you know we've probably mounted 6 tires since the tool came in.
Next beer's on me
I'll swing by Franklin, TN the next time I'm up in your neck of the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototwin View Post
PMR,
You have done a lot of work putting this together for us and I see no need to complicate your life even more with the stands. Maybe you could arrange a discounted price for the few of us that are interested in the stands and then have them shipped directly to each inmate. Thanks for all your hard work.
Yeah, I was thinking maybe the stands could all ship straight to whoever wanted them. If the stands ship international in their own box, there would be no sense shipping them to me (or whoever) since id just have to ship them back out. but they are pretty sick, maybe i need one too ..... Lets get the numbers and go from there.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #323
jdunay
time travler

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
Lot of different "particulars." In September, the tool itself was about 150 USD plus International shipping. Are was giving a 25% discount if we ordered more than 20. And I was able to calculate the optimum number of tools and adapters and shipping boxes to get the price down to 114 delivered TYD. I think it was about 50 tools plus an assortment of the adapters in 3 boxes. International shipping limits size and weight per each box. The Cafe Husky guys paid 120 each delivered,

So, you need at least 20 tool orders (actually more since not everybody on the list will be ready to buy when it's time) before you can place an order. IDK if he still has the same pricing and I don't know the $/Euro conversion right now. When we did the GB, it took me one evening just to unpack the shipment, another to repack the tools into the USPS boxes, and 2 evenings to print all the shipping labels and attach. The USPS sent a truck to my office to pick all the boxes up, I only had to go to the post office twice and that was for Canadian inmates. The hardest part was keeping ADV screen names, real names, email addys and shipping addresses straight, as well as who wanted what LOL.

Like I said a few pages back, I think the stands will make the order more complicated. First off, they're not gonna fit in a flat rate box, which was the beauty of the first group buy. The first time around I just ordered the boxes from USPS and I had them before the tools ever arrived. Then I just printed the labels up since I have a USPS account and stuck them on the boxes. The stands are going to need their own box plus I'll have to go to UPS or the PO with all the packages and ship them out individually. So it will take more time and $.

I would be happy to help out with another group buy, and it would be easier for me since I've done it once already. But I may prefer to just do tools and adapters like last time. I will get info and pricing on the stands, and then we can decide which way to go. It won't hurt my feelings if someone wants to take the current list and run with it, especially if we end up ordering a bunch of the stands as well.

Ill keep adding to the list if someone posts up or sends me a PM that they are interested. I am NOT keeping track of stand requests at this time, but when I figure out the logistics I will post them up and then inmates can decide in or out. Once we get enough interest in the tools, ill contact Are and ask about the stands. I do know he's coming to the US this month, so I don't know when he'll be back to making the tools. I know that he made our tools after I sent him payment, I don't think he keeps a big inventory.

PMR
hey piney , i'm cool with whatevere you decide to do . i don't want add anymore more stress if you don't need it.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #324
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunay View Post
hey piney , i'm cool with whatevere you decide to do . i don't want add anymore more stress if you don't need it.
LOL, no stress!

You inmates are all cool
Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #325
ONADR
n00b

Oddometer: 4
If shipping to Canada wasn't too much of a PITA for you absolutely count me in on 1 tool. Hoping to ride a new F800 to Inuvik this summer & will definitely use it!
ONADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #326
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
If your thinking about doing a second group buy, then I'm in for tool and both adapters just in case. Friends might need it for their bikes.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #327
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape

Oddometer: 378
If the stand is an option, I would love to add it. Otherwise, the tool and both adapters would be fantastic.
Bonerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #328
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONADR View Post
If shipping to Canada wasn't too much of a PITA for you absolutely count me in on 1 tool. Hoping to ride a new F800 to Inuvik this summer & will definitely use it!
u on da list, Canadian shipping really wasn't that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
If your thinking about doing a second group buy, then I'm in for tool and both adapters just in case. Friends might need it for their bikes.
on da list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post
If the stand is an option, I would love to add it. Otherwise, the tool and both adapters would be fantastic.
I'll give everybody a chance to claim a stand if it goes that way, keep an eye on the thread.

If I don't hear from Are this month, I'll email him early FEB, he should be back by then, and get current pricing for the tool and stand.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #329
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,943
If you are going to order items beside the tire tool, I would like to order the following:

Tyre mounting tool

TMT 2 Full Set Pro - For Professionals - Special Set for BIB-Mousse tires.
Includes Tyre mounting tool, Tyre mounting packable stand, 4-pcs self-locking pushers.
Price 399EUR

Tyre mounting tool extra axles for small wheel sizes.
15mm adapter 110mm long
17mm adapter 105mm long

I am ordering for myself and a friend and I will pay in full and accept delivery for all items listed.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #330
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,136
I also would like to be included in a group buy. My axles are 15mm, if that requires an adapter, than one of those also please.

Thanks!

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote