User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #91
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Laugh

Hey Garthe... When I first read your comments i thought " who is this focker, destroying this fine thread! Bugger off!!".
Now I have to admit you seem to be a funny geezer. After all there must be some humor in you, ridin a Honda and all...

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #92
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,100
Im just happy to know its not just me that attracts the,"My bike is better then yours crowd".

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #93
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
hey crank i'm curious where your gong with a bet, some kinda performance test between the two bikes or what?
He says it won't run, I say it will. Set a date and give the $500 to a trusted middle person and see what happens. The bike runs like shit the way it is currently, it's not like I can return it to KTM and ask for my money back.
I'm trying to turn a shit situation into a positive one and maybe in the process help some other 690 people. The motor is awesome, the chassis is great and if I can fix the stupid shit... well it should be a great scooter. Truth be told, I'll ride anything, I just happen to know KTM's, so I stick with them. I've got 5 set of wheels for fucks sake

Best motorcycle I ever rode on the ice was a Tokyomods powered 450R, that thing went like hell

I think the 690 will be even better slammed to the ground 2", with all that power.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #94
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Im just happy to know its not just me that attracts the,"My bike is better then yours crowd".
I agree with him, his bike is better at the moment
Old 09-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #95
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,290
we know it will run, mega squirt has been around and makes good stuff, i used to think about injecting the ATK but i'm not sure its worth it unless i invest in a custom fuel tank to get the range i want to ride but i dont know if THATS worth it so i just havent done anything.

i'll be watching the build, i like to watch this stuff as it makes for good ideas.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #96
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
we know it will run, mega squirt has been around and makes good stuff, i used to think about injecting the ATK but i'm not sure its worth it unless i invest in a custom fuel tank to get the range i want to ride but i dont know if THATS worth it so i just havent done anything.

i'll be watching the build, i like to watch this stuff as it makes for good ideas.
I'm 42 years old with no kids and a slight obsessive compulsive disorder, what the hell else am I going to do with my time A buddy just bought an ATK, it's really nice. I wanted to buy one but really needed to sort the 690 out first.
Maybe you'll find new motivation?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #97
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Quote:

So,whatīs the problem then. I can tell you for sure itīs not worth it, untill you are finnished and feel you have really made something. And THEN itīs worth everything.

So better start a build thread!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #98
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
He says it won't run, I say it will. Set a date and give the $500 to a trusted middle person and see what happens. The bike runs like shit the way it is currently, it's not like I can return it to KTM and ask for my money back.
I'm trying to turn a shit situation into a positive one and maybe in the process help some other 690 people. The motor is awesome, the chassis is great and if I can fix the stupid shit... well it should be a great scooter. Truth be told, I'll ride anything, I just happen to know KTM's, so I stick with them. I've got 5 set of wheels for fucks sake

Best motorcycle I ever rode on the ice was a Tokyomods powered 450R, that thing went like hell

I think the 690 will be even better slammed to the ground 2", with all that power.

I remeber that day,,i think we were all ride'n Hondas back then.

And that 450R was a bad ass bike!That was a great track too!Havent had a track that good in a long time.Well those of us that haven't been to Greenbay or where ever that big race you and Mike did last season was.
Hey does Lateapex still have the orignal ADV Honda?You know the one every inmate here has owned?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #99
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
I remeber that day,,i think we were all ride'n Hondas back then.

And that 450R was a bad ass bike!That was a great track too!Havent had a track that good in a long time.Well those of us that haven't been to Greenbay or where ever that big race you and Mike did last season was.
Hey does Lateapex still have the orignal ADV Honda?You know the one every inmate here has owned?
Yea, that old XR600... it's still going Actually, I think the 950 SE is the best ice bike...well it's tough. The 450R was an angry little motorcycle but the SE was so planted and it was fun passing the guys on the little bikes on the outside of a corner with my feet on the pegs

I think you where there that day right? At the Icebox?

The event you're talking about is the Steel Shoe 3 hour in WI....

I took a practice lap on Mike's SE and then jumped on the Berg for the race.What a blast that was!

I hope to do the entire 3 hours without stopping this year
Old 09-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #100
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

600,noway man a XR250R!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #101
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
600,noway man a XR250R!!!

HA! That was the first running of The Iron head Rally! That old 250 was the HO of the clan. Everyday after work, I would blast to the dog park on that pile, raise hell in the field and then rip home before the cops showed up
Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #102
2 SPOT
wannabe

holy crap!!!! poor little 250 didnt know that stud was so anxious to cross breed it was gonna do it on the trailer still.

i got motivation a plenty guys,,, its money i lack. i'm also 42 with no kids,,, well not at home theyre both in college.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #103
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
holy crap!!!! poor little 250 didnt know that stud was so anxious to cross breed it was gonna do it on the trailer still.

i got motivation a plenty guys,,, its money i lack. i'm also 42 with no kids,,, well not at home theyre both in college.
College...ouch
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #104
2 SPOT
wannabe

yeah but i told'em, if they want to live in my house instead of the woodshed they need to get an edgemucation so they can take care of us when were old,,, getting old now.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #105
beaney
rally racer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Great thought Beaney, didn't even consider that honestly. I know you have a lot of experience with the stock EFI system and I'm interested to hear your thoughts on my conversion. I value your experience!
Well I'm certanly interested in what you're doing and understand about the wiring harness. We have the bikes running great with the standard system but have put countless hours in to get there and made numerous mods to get rid of the saftey circuit. It does sound good that you will have complete control of the system and the ability to set all parameters.

I'm confident you will get it running and after some dyno time running great, one thing I've learnt from having custom stuff made is get 2 of everything, especially if you're racing.

beaney screwed with this post 09-08-2012 at 12:54 AM
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote