User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
DesmoHead OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Old Suzuki TS 125

I have a '7? Suzuki TL 125 in my garage I would like to get moving again but I don't know of a good place to get some of the parts i need. Is hoping stuff shows up on ebay my only chance to get some things. The front fender is toast the bars are tweaked and levers busted and some other pieces gone.
DesmoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoHead
I have a '7? Suzuki TL 125 in my garage I would like to get moving again but I don't know of a good place to get some of the parts i need. Is hoping stuff shows up on ebay my only chance to get some things. The front fender is toast the bars are tweaked and levers busted and some other pieces gone.
This doesn't sound like a bike worth restoring, so I'd just aftermarket all the stuff like fenders, handlebars, perches, levers, etc. Except for a few engine parts and electric parts, you should be able to piece together everything you need from the aftermarket.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
TipsyMcStagger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,006
Bumping a way old thread;

Do these bikes have any value? Can parts be had? I just saw an ad for a late 70's TS 125 with under 2500 miles. Looks very clean. Could be a fun for around the 'hood.

Tipsy

"There's a plane! Where there's a plane there's probably a pilot! Where there's a pilot there must be a bar! I can finally get a drink!" - Brian from Family Guy
TipsyMcStagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger View Post
Bumping a way old thread;

Do these bikes have any value? Can parts be had? I just saw an ad for a late 70's TS 125 with under 2500 miles. Looks very clean. Could be a fun for around the 'hood.

Tipsy
All depends if it was stored out of the elements.. most were not. Rust will kill things. Has value to you. Be frugal, don't overspend on repairs and it can be a cheap date.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #5
Hellracer.nl
What the hack???

Oddometer: 366
+1.
I just recently purchased a TS185 and I'm absolutely loving it. I respoked the rear wheel (40 euro spokeset) and did some very cheap repairs. These bike's aren't worth a lot of money but they sure can be a lot of fun. Toying around in the snow, dirt or sand is just so easy. The bike is light, nimble and forgiving. A true go-anywhere bike.

Ebay is good for parts but official dealerships can help out as well. Many of the parts are still available since these bikes are still produced for the asian market.

My Leaner build: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836987
Hellracer.nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,879
If you know the oem part #, try typing it into gaggle and search it. Quite a bit of nos stuff out there collecting dust in dealer inventory. Has worked for me on several occations. Good luck.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote