Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #151
rcan08
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
ordered skid plate. took it out for s short ride this morning, 80mi on road 30mi on dirt and 10mi of single travk. I'm really liking this bike

Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #152
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
rcan08, Whereabouts is that single track exactly? May cruise that way when I get back home.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #153
rcan08
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63 View Post
rcan08, Whereabouts is that single track exactly? May cruise that way when I get back home.
That section is trail 82 south of Telico Plains, Tn. off Rt. 68. Just a few miles south of Coaker Creek.
randy
Old 09-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #154
rcan08
Gnarly Adventurer

Balkin boy, Great pics!
randy
Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #155
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
The Ricochet Armor skid plate is out!

http://www.utahsportcycle.com/store/page469.html

I'm ordering one today.

just ordered, as the bike was lying on it's side I noticed that I had cracked mine.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #156
dsn11487
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I just put a deposit down on mine. Pick up saturday morning in Shawnee Oklahoma. Actually bringing 2 home, since my dad bought one as well.

Excited to add this to my garage, I've had a KLR for 2 years and I'm ready to add this to my choice of 'rides' each time I go out. So glad I found this thread I've read every post and look forward to many more. Thanks to all who have contributed about aftermarket stuff, thoughts, reviews it really help me decide I wanted this bike.
dsn11487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #157
Carmwes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Congrats DSN11487 on your new Bike. Shawnee,OK? That's where I got mine. I think I bought the first one. I live 5 miles North of Shawnee Honda, off 18.
Leaving this Saturday for OK,NM,and CO. Parts of the TAT and other Forrest roads. My Fall Foliage Tour. You're gonna like it. Way lighter than the KLR. Sold mine after 9 years.
(DSN....You work at Tinker?)
Carmwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #158
dsn11487
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmwes View Post
Congrats DSN11487 on your new Bike. Shawnee,OK? That's where I got mine. I think I bought the first one. I live 5 miles North of Shawnee Honda, off 18.
Leaving this Saturday for OK,NM,and CO. Parts of the TAT and other Forrest roads. My Fall Foliage Tour. You're gonna like it. Way lighter than the KLR. Sold mine after 9 years.
(DSN....You work at Tinker?)

Yes, I spent all day on the phone calling around. Shawnee beat the best price in DFW by $300 and since i'm actually buying 2 that's a $600 savings and well worth the trip. Plus I appreciated not having to B.S. at all. Great guys there, will be the first guy through the door saturday morning.

Have fun and post pics of your trip! At the moment I don't plan on selling the KLR, I think it still has use for me for some of the longer road trips. I have plans for an alaska trip. Plus I'm ready to have another bike so I can rip into the KLR and beef up it's off road capabilities.

I do not work at Tinker (i'm not really sure what that is). I'm a software/programming guy work for a consulting firm in Fort Worth, do a lot of stuff in Oil & Gas industry down here.
dsn11487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #159
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,476
Has anyone removed the Hoooooooooge rear tail light assembly and fitted something smaller yet? (any photos?) - I think something like the DRC Anato would tidy up the rear end no end, and not least save a significant amount of weight in the process too?

http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-40/index.html

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #160
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Has anyone removed the Hoooooooooge rear tail light assembly and fitted something smaller yet? (any photos?) - I think something like the DRC Anato would tidy up the rear end no end, and not least save a significant amount of weight in the process too?

Jx
http://rickramsey.net/CRF250Lmods.htm#taillight

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #161
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,103
Quote:

Jx
DRC will have an Edge Tail Light kit out shortly, similar to the ones they do for the WR250R/X, DR400, and so on. They will also have a skid plate and other random parts.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #162
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
These are quite common in Australia, fit just about anything with an mx type rear guard, this is on a CRF230F, they come in clear or red and have a number plate light as well, and they are "E" marked for road use here as well, about $50 on ebay.

RED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #163
hrcs90
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I just called Dobeck Performance about the status of a fuel controller for the CRF250L and they said its on the to do list. they just haven't come across a bike yet. They did say if anyone in Montana that has a bike and would like to receive a
free controller for letting them use the bike for a short time to give them a call.

hrcs90 screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 04:47 PM
hrcs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #164
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
I'm not an owner yet, but does anyone in the Kansas City area own one of these that would let me test ride? You can ride my DR-Z. The dealers around here are a no go so far.
Look up the dealer locator on Honda's website. There will be a test ride icon next to the dealers who provide them.
Even at that, they'll probably say no. But if your a 55 year old guy looking at a Goldwing that all changes.
Call the dealer first and ask. Probably more apt to say yes over the phone than in the showroom.
26.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #165
Damani
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:

Jx
I'm interested in one too. I seen this on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2h7gqTCKoA and it looks like hes using http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45...x_plastic.html does anyone has more info about these?
Damani is offline   Reply With Quote