Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #1636
jglow
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 390
Man Racks with Dirt Bagz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Has anyone purchased the DirtBagz brackets yet? I'm curious to know how badly the rear mount for the bracket interferes with mounting any of the rear rack designs that use the same mounting point.

No problems at all with the dirt bagz racks mounting along with a rear rack. At least no problem with the dirt bagz rack and the Man Racks rear rack. Here are some pics:

Hope that helps.

Jordan
jglow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #1637
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglow View Post

No problems at all with the dirt bagz racks mounting along with a rear rack. At least no problem with the dirt bagz rack and the Man Racks rear rack. Here are some pics:

Hope that helps.

Jordan
Thank you, Jordan!!!

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #1638
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post

Tough crowd...

If you have any further questions fire away.

Also if you don't like my answer please ask to speak to one of the other voices in my head. It's less stressfull that way.

sorry...never intended to come off as tough, and no problem with your answer, pretty clever actually, just here to read and learn like most, and give my un-expert opinions where need be...all good!
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #1639
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Man Rack

Just got my Man Rack Utility (w/Rotopax plate welded in), free shipping, and they threw in two of the tie downs that go underneath the reflector bracket on the lower triple clamp, normally a $20 item. The tie downs seem pretty solid, though I plan on riding my bike, instead of putting in a pick up truck like the American brand H's always seem to be. Took me a week to get 300 miles on it, the weather hasn't been that great here, crunched through ice in the puddles today. 2nd tank, 68, 3rd 71 mpg (who knows how full the first tank was). On order, Cycra guards, and Ricochet bash plate. Still to order, tank bag, and hour/rpm meter. Hoping for a mild winter.
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #1640
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
sorry...never intended to come off as tough, and no problem with your answer, pretty clever actually, just here to read and learn like most, and give my un-expert opinions where need be...all good!
Worry about me getting hurt feelings.... I was being sarcastic....

Peace Out

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #1641
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddySump View Post
Ive had my drz 400e for a few years now and fancy a change of bike. Do you think i would regret changing it for this? power etc? I use it for trail riding here in the UK and sometimes commuting when the weather is bad.

Thanks
I had an '02 DRZ400S....as a street bike it was very nice. It would run 70 mph all day long. BUT...I took it to Moab Utah, tried to ride tougher stuff, and the gearing sucks....I ended up with one tooth less C/S spkt, and a significantly larger rear sprocket, and it was great...but it was screaming at 55 mph. And it weighs around the same as the CRF....but WAAAY more power. The saving grace of the CRF250L or the WR250R is the 6 speed has a very wide set of gears...drop one tooth on the front sprocket and the WR250R will crawl thru some nasty crap, but still is OK on the road. I'm excited by the CRF as my next bike because it is lower than the WR which I have ridden quite a bit, but this WR has a ton of $$$ spent revising the suspension to drop it down and soften it up...and a WR starts at $7000, not $5000. Food for thought atleast.
Ed@Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #1642
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
About exhaust mods and EJK, what you think of unplugging O2 sensor and fresh air line, as explained here (middle of the page)
http://bestdualsportbikes.com/dual-s...honda-crf250l/

Always about exhaust, did someone "reset" the ECU and got results ?
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-p...e-sure-do.html
and "how to" (parts 1 to 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jlS5...1F0745&index=1

Hesitate to go into that ..
Well, if this ECU is like a car ECU, loosing the main O2 sensor forces the system out of closed loop where engine power (fuel flow) is set (optimized) based based on tailpipe A/F ratio, into open loop operation where the ECU makes a set of assumptions about air flow and fuel flow based on RPM and throttle position.....most likely with the O2 sensor unplugged it will run like crap at altitude because I doubt this engine has a MAP (manifold pressure sensor) or a BP (barometric pressure) to calculate altitude, so in open loop it'll command a fuel flow to the injector appropriate for sea level. In other words it'll act like a carburetor and run rich at altitude. In other words, you've pissed away one of the major advantages of EFI. Also...which O2 is getting unplugged....I believe RamZ said the engine has 2...one runs injection, one runs the exhaust air injection system.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1643
Guerillah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
About exhaust mods and EJK, what you think of unplugging O2 sensor and fresh air line, as explained here (middle of the page)
http://bestdualsportbikes.com/dual-s...honda-crf250l/

Always about exhaust, did someone "reset" the ECU and got results ?
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-p...e-sure-do.html
and "how to" (parts 1 to 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jlS5...1F0745&index=1

Hesitate to go into that ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Well, if this ECU is like a car ECU, loosing the main O2 sensor forces the system out of closed loop where engine power (fuel flow) is set (optimized) based based on tailpipe A/F ratio, into open loop operation where the ECU makes a set of assumptions about air flow and fuel flow based on RPM and throttle position.....most likely with the O2 sensor unplugged it will run like crap at altitude because I doubt this engine has a MAP (manifold pressure sensor) or a BP (barometric pressure) to calculate altitude, so in open loop it'll command a fuel flow to the injector appropriate for sea level. In other words it'll act like a carburetor and run rich at altitude. In other words, you've pissed away one of the major advantages of EFI. Also...which O2 is getting unplugged....I believe RamZ said the engine has 2...one runs injection, one runs the exhaust air injection system.

Yep... I did all the mods BDSB did except unplug the O2 sensor... I'd only try that if I had a wideband O2 sensor to verify readings before and after and see exactly what changed. I'm guessing on the relatively primitive fuel options we have available, the module is fighting against the O2 feedback loop. Something like a Power Commander V would be much better.

I did a search on he CBR250R (which shares the same engine as we all know) and found this link: http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-p...-fi-light.html

It lists one of the error codes as having to do with the baro sensor, so it's possible we has one for altitude compensation.

I disconnected my air injection system as well as the charcoal canister, about the only thing it did was eliminate the backfires I was getting... also might have made it a little peppier/smoother at low rpm.

Guerillah screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 03:51 PM Reason: found more info
Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #1644
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Yes, BARO is the new approved SAE descriptor for barometric pressure....used to be BP (at Ford at least)....

Amazing bit of info over there on the flashing light codes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #1645
Guerillah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Yes, BARO is the new approved SAE descriptor for barometric pressure....used to be BP (at Ford at least)....

Yep, judging by some of the codes it looks like this ECU is used or is planned to be used in a ton of Honda models, a lot of those codes aren't even applicable to a thumper, very interesting.

OR it's possible that Honda is smart and just uses a set error code system across all models.

DUNNO
Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #1646
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
What are you guys doing for a tachometer?

The hourmeter tachs seem to be only somewhat accurate.
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #1647
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:

MAP (manifold pressure sensor)??? - huh???

MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor...

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #1648
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Yes, a wiring diagram will tell what's there.and..what isn't....
Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #1649
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
drc edge 2

Just installed the tidy tail on my bike......what a miracle its amazing
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5c4b5038.jpg
And plenty of bright. When I recived it at work today it had me worried with how small it was but.....
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0a043811.jpg
No worries and its got the flickering brake light thing to. Well worth it
Old 12-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #1650
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillah View Post
I disconnected my air injection system as well as the charcoal canister, about the only thing it did was eliminate the backfires I was getting... also might have made it a little peppier/smoother at low rpm.
What modification do you suspect caused the backfires you were getting?
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote