Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #1711
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Spuds holding out on you... Here is an explanation/write up with eye candy....

http://www.easterndirt.com/?p=531

I think her skills may go waaaaay beyond tire changing
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #1712
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
A question for those of you who have purchased the Dobeck/EJK Fuel Controller sold by BestDualSportBikes.com ..... 13Moose-man, I'm looking at you.

Can you share the settings that the unit has on it's arrival? Are they different than the settings on the unit when purchased from EJK? For comparison the settings on the unit when purchased from EJK are: 3 3 6 5 4 4.5
can't remember where i saw it (maybe RamZ) but 3 / 2.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 / 4.5 was the cal settings

Has there been any discussion regarding stalling recently? It would seem one of these numbers deals with idle and off idle fuel (based on a quick glance explaining which number is applicable to which carburetor mode "analogy"). Or is it still being attributed to alcohol in the fuel?

Just went to RamZ's site...he says: "I spent some time reading up on the EJK. There are six numbers you can change that determine where in the power band and to what extent jetting changes are made. These are well-explained in the paperwork that comes with the EJK and on their web site. The numbers that are preset in the EJK are 3 3 6 5 4 4.5 which I verified before the first ride."

Ed@Ford screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 02:39 PM
Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #1713
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Thanks Spud,
Think I'm going to invest a few dollars in a stand and start changing them myself. Tired of paying someone to do what I can do myself.
Looking at this stand
http://www.mikesracingproducts.com/mrp_web_site_002.htm
You're welcome. You won't be sorry you decided to change your own tires. In addition to the convenience and cost savings, you will also increase your safety by changing your own tires. Every time I change a tire, I also inspect the following items. You can't trust a shop to take the time to do the following.

1) Inspect brake rotor or brake drum
2) Inspect inner tube
3) Inspect rim strip
4) Inspect rim of wheel
5) Inspect spoke nipples
6) Inspect, and tighten spokes
7) Inspect wheel hub
8) Inspect wheel bearings
9) Inspect sprocket

If I discover anything wrong with the wheel, I fix it immediately, before I re-install the wheel. You only have two wheels, and you can't afford to have problems with either. In addition, if you are riding in the wilderness, you need to know how to repair a flat tire by the side of the trail.

The tire changing stand you referred to is excellent. I also enjoy my tire changing stand, which you can buy for $85, delivered.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...changing+stand

Similar deals are also available on eBay, and a variety of online vendors. A tire changing stand makes the job much easier, and is an excellent investment. Unless I am trailside, I will never again change a tire on my hands and knees.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #1714
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
can't remember where i saw it (maybe RamZ) but 3 / 2.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 / 4.5 was the cal settings

Has there been any discussion regarding stalling recently? It would seem one of these numbers deals with idle and off idle fuel (based on a quick glance explaining which number is applicable to which carburetor mode "analogy"). Or is it still being attributed to alcohol in the fuel?

Just went to RamZ's site...he says: "I spent some time reading up on the EJK. There are six numbers you can change that determine where in the power band and to what extent jetting changes are made. These are well-explained in the paperwork that comes with the EJK and on their web site. The numbers that are preset in the EJK are 3 3 6 5 4 4.5 which I verified before the first ride."
I did see that 2nd set of number's on Ramz site ... they correlate to EJK's website ... as Rick says also.

I'd be interested in confirming that the first set you listed is really the setting when it comes from BDSB. If it is then the Acceleration, Full Throttle, and Idle Lower Switch Point are all lower in the BDSB version than the EJK version. If I understand this properly, the Accel and FT is slightly leaner in the BDSB and the 'green zone' (or Idle zone) begins lower also.

Does this make sense to y'all?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #1715
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

I might make sense if I went back and studied the presentation from Dobek. I went to Best Dirt Bike and found no cal numbers....am lost as to where I found 3-2.5-5-4.5-4-4.5

Went to Dobek, and they refer you to EJK. What they sell for CRF and CBR are Version 3 devices, and sure enough 336544.5 are the starting cal #. Oddly, for the CBR250R you can also buy Version 3.5 devices...and of course it has a very different set of numbers. Odd that the CBR has 2 choices of devices...and the CRF only one...whatever, I'm probably confused and am busy confusing others......

Ed@Ford screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 03:36 PM
Old 12-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #1716
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:

Stock EJK settings are 3 3 6 5 4 4.5. Dont know for BDSB, but it should be the same, i guess.

I previously gave a personal set (3 2.5 5 4.5 4 4.5 witch is become 2 2.5 5 ...), stated I installed a "db killer" of my own.

Values are based on personal feeling and carbon deposit at exhaust. Not to much scientifical, but seems to works well in my case. This can still evolve as im experimenting, but snow here dosent make tries easy.

Here's a picture of the mod (FMF Q4 spark arrestor turned into a db killer) that induced these changes.
Its really efficient : cruise is quiet, but roars pleasently on full throttle.

L
Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #1717
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

KRONO: Thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #1718
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
KRONO: Thanks
You're welcome !

Happy if it helps

:)

L
Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #1719
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Krono / Ed ... thx for the replies. My goal is to confirm that BDSB has actually done some work to figure out what settings work with the FMF bits that they're selling. Their website references 'our base map'. Are the settings different than that sold by EJK?

On the other side of the coin, the EJK literature says that the settings are appropriate for 'typical stage 1 modifications'.

Maybe they worked together to determine the settings?

Old 12-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #1720
13Moose-man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
A question for those of you who have purchased the Dobeck/EJK Fuel Controller sold by BestDualSportBikes.com ..... 13Moose-man, I'm looking at you.

Can you share the settings that the unit has on it's arrival? Are they different than the settings on the unit when purchased from EJK? For comparison the settings on the unit when purchased from EJK are: 3 3 6 5 4 4.5
The settings that it came with are 3 3 6 5 4 4.5 I have not done any tweaking around with it, bike runs great.
13Moose-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #1721
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Moose-man View Post
The settings that it came with are 3 3 6 5 4 4.5 I have not done any tweaking around with it, bike runs great.
Excellent, Sir! Thank you very much. EJK settings and BDSB settings appear to be equal. Decisions, decisions.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #1722
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
EJK settings and BDSB settings appear to be equal. Decisions, decisions.
Isn't this the programmer that BDSB's sells? Apparently their FMF branded one is programmed the same as the one from Dobeck. I guess it's up to the individual to tweak it if so desired.

http://fmfpowerprogrammer.com/viewpr...tnumber=014107
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #1723
koh kood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Low front fender

Any suggestions on how to fit a low front fender?
Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1724
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post
Any suggestions on how to fit a low front fender?
Thanks
Well, to start with, being USD forks, something would have to fabricated. Lowest hard mounting point would be the bolts on the lower triple clamps, either eliminating, or go underneath the reflector bracket. Here are is some tie downs that use the mounting point I'm talking about, then go from there: http://www.manracks.com/#!product/zo...09044511/Honda CRF250L TieDowns,
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #1725
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Metal bark busters, TCI skidplate with engine guards, radiator guard, folding shift lever....

Am I ready to make my first real venture off road without worrying about trashing my new bike? The pics may look offroad....but its just broken pavement, dirt roads, gravel, etc...only played in the mud a little it and its quite different than what I am used to.

Dont give a shit about cosmetics. Just cant afford to trash my bike and render in unrideable

Im trying not to worry about hurting my bike, but I swear I cant get that feeling away that developed in my history of sportbikes "If it falls, kiss your bank account goodbye"

How durable are these bikes? Someone please, make my fear go away!

EDIT:

XMAS fun, cold day, short ride.

NesquikNinja screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 08:19 PM Reason: adding pics, because everyone loves pics
NesquikNinja is online now   Reply With Quote