Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #1726
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
How durable are these bikes? Someone please, make my fear go away!

Go ride and quit being a squid.

You got more than enough bike protection, how about rider gear for you? That sportbike gear won't cut it.
HARD boots like Sidi Crossfires, HARD armor like Thor Impact Rig SE, gloves with armor, pants with armor or knee braces under riding pants, Leatt brace, etc. Lots of options for that stuff.
Nancy walks away from all these get offs due to her personal protection... far more important.

Merry Christmas.

Just handgaurds.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #1727
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

You got more than enough bike protection, how about rider gear for you? That sportbike gear won't cut it.
HARD boots like Sidi Crossfires, HARD armor like Thor Impact Rig SE, gloves with armor, pants with armor or knee braces under riding pants, Leatt brace, etc. Lots of options for that stuff.
Nancy walks away from all these get offs due to her personal protection... far more important.

Merry Christmas.

Just handgaurds.
Amazing pics, thanks!

As for rider gear, Ill be ordering some Sidi or A* boots, and motoport gear soon. I stay off the trails in my leathers, lol.
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #1728
JRaye89
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
My new fender eliminator for 12oclocklabs

JRaye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1729
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaye89 View Post
Nice!

Ill get one when my stock fender breaks off, haha

Ive been known to loop wheelies on sportbikes...only once, but hey, do it once and trash a brand new triumph at 60 mph and your that guy thats known for doing it. Squid days cut short, before I died, luckily

What is your motive for getting the eliminator, better tail lighting? Cosmetics? Weight? I cant bring myself to care much about how my CRF's butt looks, haha
Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #1730
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Amazing pics, thanks!

As for rider gear, Ill be ordering some Sidi or A* boots, and motoport gear soon. I stay off the trails in my leathers, lol.
Right on.
Boots are very important IMO.
Nancy actually has Gaerne boots, I have Sidi's.... Same dirt riding specific type boot that's not that comfy to walk in, but undoubtably can save you from injury WHEN, not if, you do crash riding dirt. Not all stiff boots offer the same protection though, lots of info in Equipment forum. Keep you feet on the pegs and you butt off the seat! Foot injuries suck.
Nice looking bike with sensible add-ons. Have fun and get LOST!

-Finn

LostRider.com
Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #1731
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaye89 View Post
Nice ass!

where's the turn signals now though?

And good on ya for having your bike in the house, the LRP is part of the family I see.

LostRider.com
Old 12-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #1732
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Right on.
Boots are very important IMO.
Nancy actually has Gaerne boots, I have Sidi's.... Same dirt riding specific type boot that's not that comfy to walk in, but undoubtably can save you from injury WHEN, not if, you do crash riding dirt. Not all stiff boots offer the same protection though, lots of info in Equipment forum. Keep you feet on the pegs and you butt off the seat! Foot injuries suck.
Nice looking bike with sensible add-ons. Have fun and get LOST!

-Finn
Thanks, Ill be sure to shop around on boots. Ive got two pair of A* boots (SMX Plus, forget model name but awesome rain boots) so I may stick with those. I tried on the really nice Sidi race boots (forget the name....top notch boot thought) and found it incredibly uncomfortable.

Its quite upsetting to me that online I can find sooooo much info on bikes, riding, etc....out of all motorcycle related online conversation I find very little of it is actually related to protective gear aside for talking features, comfort, etc....I wish that section of the forum was more active!

Thanks for the advice!

-Steven
Old 12-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #1733
Lost Rider
Roadie

Try using this code typed into google:

site:advrider.com, boots

You can replace where I put in "boots" with anything you're looking for, much better way to search ADVrider. Tons of info on boots, like the rest you have to sift out the BS. If guys say they are great to walk in, they don't offer enough protection IMO.

You're right though, tons of info on bikes and crap to bolt onto them, not so active when it comes to safety gear, which in the end is far more important. I've ridden a lot of miles, crashed quite a few times especially on dirt and have learned the hard way about buying high quality protective gear appropriate for the type of riding I'm doing.
Forums are good for info, but in the end most riding gear is personal and you're best bet is to come up with what you can possibly spend and go try stuff at a local shop if possible on as what fits me might not fit you even if sized correctly. My Sidi's are not nearly as comfy to walk around in as my street boots, but not so uncomfortable that I can't stand all day on the pegs in them or walk around as needed, just not as comfy as street boots that will let your foot rotate in ways it shouldn't or stop your bike that's now on top of you from crushing your foot, when you have even minor get offs.
Find what is comfortable enough for you to want to wear them all the time when riding, providing rear dual sport protection, but you're happy to take them off at the end of the day.

I know, I know, it's getting off topic of LRP ownership, but I can't help but share my own painfully learned experiences to help fellow riders that might be a little newer to the dirty sport.

LostRider.com
Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1734
gaw777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Always wear all your protective gear. I know fixing a bike can be expensive, try paying to fix your body. Get the best gear you can afford.
On another note. My wife got me a fuel injection programmer from BDSB for the LRP
Merry Christmas to me
gaw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #1735
gaw777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Forgot to mention, Craigslist can be your friend in picking up good slightly used gear
gaw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #1736
Woody2627
Skinny Decaf Latte Thanks

Oddometer: 801
Quote:

Merry Christmas.

Just handgaurds.

Looks like Nancy enjoys herself. :
Woody2627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #1737
JRaye89
Adventurer

Quote:
Nice!

Ill get one when my stock fender breaks off, haha

Ive been known to loop wheelies on sportbikes...only once, but hey, do it once and trash a brand new triumph at 60 mph and your that guy thats known for doing it. Squid days cut short, before I died, luckily

What is your motive for getting the eliminator, better tail lighting? Cosmetics? Weight? I cant bring myself to care much about how my CRF's butt looks, haha
Thanks. I installed it because i really didn't like the huge and i mean huge tail section. I think it looks a lot better and it weighs a lot less.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #1738
JRaye89
Adventurer

Quote:
Nice ass!

where's the turn signals now though?

And good on ya for having your bike in the house, the LRP is part of the family I see.
Thanks, i just closed of my garage to put in a new bedroom and bathroom so i figured why not use the old bedroom as a garage. Makes sense to me. As for the turn signals they are integrated into the brake light. Im really happy with it.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #1739
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
As for rider gear, Ill be ordering some Sidi or A* boots, and motoport gear soon. I stay off the trails in my leathers,
I wear Motoport gear on my FJR, man, I just can't imagine wearing that offroad. To heavy, to abrasive (they don't tell you about that on the website.. that shit EATS paint and leather seats). Great gear though.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #1740
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
I wear Motoport gear on my FJR, man, I just can't imagine wearing that offroad. To heavy, to abrasive (they don't tell you about that on the website.. that shit EATS paint and leather seats). Great gear though.
Ive seen reviews in the stuff being worn nearly exclusively offroad.... I havent seen in first hand, but surely its not much heavier than other textile or leather street gear, right? Or wrong....?