Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #2026
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2627 View Post
Does your missus have a sister, she sounds like she may be a keeper?

Thanks for the welcomes guys, no sister unfortunately.
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #2027
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Installed by BestDualSportBikes folding lever today and adjusted to my liking- hopefully it works because its high enough for my boots to fit under, so if it bends in I swear its going to blow a whole straight through my case cover. Happened on my damn triumph.

Side note, I got my Motoport gear in that I got a SWEET deal on. Does not match the bike at all, but broke people cant be choosers if they want the best protection. Anywho, for anyone considering it, the Ultra II air mesh kevlar is incredible stuff. See it in person to understand.
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #2028
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Hay Guys, why we are on the handlebar upgrades, what is the highest riser or bar that I can us without having to alter the cables, is a 1" rise too much.

Thanks, John
I had a really high set of ATV bars on mine at one point, must have been 6 to 8 inches high, some judicious cable re-routing is all I had to do, there's quite a bit of slack in the cables.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #2029
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Zeta makes front triple mount handguard mounts also. If you look at the bend of the hand guard you'll see some work easier on higher bars. My handguards only cost me $10.00 so I wasn't to picky.

Perfect! I found the mount online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goondock View Post
go here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3#post20216983

post #1404.

Slick looking shifter, easy to install seems to be really nice quality.. havent dropped the bike to test durability but looks like it would fair very well.
Yeah that looks nice! Plus it bends at the tip to help reduce chance of breakage I'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
They are not easy to find and everything Zeta makes is expensive. Part number: ZE71-1821
I have their hand guards and it seem like it would fit with a little bit of bending.

http://japan.webike.net/products/9669512.html
Yeah, I found it online. I see the bent ones vs the straight ones as far as contour goes. Looks much easier to make adjusting bends. That is what I'm going for.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #2030
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Stalling issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
Anyone having any issues with their 250L's stalling for no apparent reason? I got about 800km on mine now, most of my drives this far have been mainly 30-40km's at a time,pretty much all pavement/dirt roads accessible by cars, and it will usually stall or quit at least once each outing. Mostly when stopped or slowing down to stop and once today while I was cruising along at about 50km/h, it just quit almost as if ya hit the kill switch. The bike will fire right back up no problem, just wondering if anyone else has a similar issue. I am about 99% positive it ain't my driving skills, as the wife's 250L doesn't have this issue (according to her, and I haven't noticed it the little i drove it either) May have to bring it up with the mechanic's at the dealer when it goes in for its 1st service, which I'm quite sure they will likely blame me also...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyrg View Post
Now that I think about it my 250l engine has done had the stalling issue on many occasions just didnt really acknoledge it and released the clutch....Vroom back on top. Mine may have done it 10 times out of the 4000 miles I have on it. Seems like everytime it did it was when I had been riding hard, choped the throttle grabed the clutch and downshifted.
Has there been any more issues with the stalling.....or possible fixes for it? I know it was discussed some awhile back..I had my first stall today going down the road about 45 mph, let off the throttle to slow down, shifted down through the gears, had the clutch in to grab first gear for a sharp uphill right turn and it just plain died.......like others have said, it was like shutting off the kill switch. I was maybe doing 5 mph when it shut off. I pulled over, hit the starter and it fired right back up. Kinda disconcerting you know, especially if someone was following you and all of a sudden you're dead in the water and get rear ended. That was my first ride after filling up at a Valero with 91 octane unleaded. Also the first ride with the FMF Q4 slip on installed. I also have the Dobeck fuel programmer that is on the factory preset settings. Maybe I should try gasoline from somewhere else next fill up as I don't think the Q4 pipe has anything to do with it. It seems to run good other wise. Or maybe program more fuel at the idle setting with the Dobeck? Who knows, maybe it will never do it again.....but I'm a little leary now.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #2031
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post

Ok, I'm done with handlebars.... What next????

How about Handgrips......so, the Answer pillow tops are no good??..... (just kiddin!!)
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #2032
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,725
>"Mostly when stopped or slowing down to stop and once today while I was cruising along at about 50km/h, it just quit almost as if ya hit the kill switch."

What are the current settings on the Dobeck programmer?
There was a stalling problem on the WR250R with some of the original programmer values.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #2033
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post
>"Mostly when stopped or slowing down to stop and once today while I was cruising along at about 50km/h, it just quit almost as if ya hit the kill switch."

There was a stalling problem on the WR250R with some of the original programmer values.

This looks familiar, No Dobeck programmer, all stock.

Harcomo, So, these issues are happening after the pipe and controller and weren't when the bike was stock? crazy!!.....keep us posted if ya get er figured out
Thx

Bob80 screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 07:12 PM Reason: I answered my own question-read too fast!!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #2034
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The settings on my EJK are 3,3,6,5,4,4.5
This was preset from EJK for stage 1 modifications. I haven't changed any of the settings.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #2035
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Harcomo, Were these issues happening before the pipe and controller also? If so, then I guess the Dobeck must not solve it unless you can figure out a good setting mix...keep us posted if ya get er figured out
Thx
Nope, hadn't had a problem until today, so I guess it can happen with a bone stock bike like yours or one that has been modded with the Dobeck EJK like mine. I never had a stall when it was stock.....maybe I was just lucky?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #2036
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
Nope, hadn't had a problem until today, so I guess it can happen with a bone stock bike like yours or one that has been modded with the Dobeck EJK like mine. I never had a stall when it was stock.....maybe I was just lucky?
Yeah, weird, but if for some reason you can solve it with your EJK then it may be similar to my issue (from factory) ... we might be on to something here...good luck and keep us posted
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #2037
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, weird, but if for some reason you can solve it with your EJK then it may be similar to my issue (from factory) ... we might be on to something here...good luck and keep us posted
Well, I'm open to suggestions from anyone who has any ideas. I'm new to EJK's and power programmers....this is my first one on anything.

It's supposed to be near 60 degress Friday......I will try to take another ride on it after work and see if it will do it again before the weather turns back cold this weekend.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #2038
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Has there been any more issues with the stalling.....or possible fixes for it? I know it was discussed some awhile back..I had my first stall today going down the road about 45 mph, let off the throttle to slow down, shifted down through the gears, had the clutch in to grab first gear for a sharp uphill right turn and it just plain died.......like others have said, it was like shutting off the kill switch. I was maybe doing 5 mph when it shut off. I pulled over, hit the starter and it fired right back up. Kinda disconcerting you know, especially if someone was following you and all of a sudden you're dead in the water and get rear ended. That was my first ride after filling up at a Valero with 91 octane unleaded. Also the first ride with the FMF Q4 slip on installed. I also have the Dobeck fuel programmer that is on the factory preset settings. Maybe I should try gasoline from somewhere else next fill up as I don't think the Q4 pipe has anything to do with it. It seems to run good other wise. Or maybe program more fuel at the idle setting with the Dobeck? Who knows, maybe it will never do it again.....but I'm a little leary now.
Why are you using 91?

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #2039
gregitt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
My stalled as soon as I put on the fmf pipe, header and programmer. I perceive the bike is idling a little slower and perhaps causing this problem. I contacted Dobeck and he suggested adjusting the controller. GREEN/BLUE MODE 4 TO #1 position.

I have not done this because now I have adjusted my throttle style coming to a stop and it rarely does it..

I would like to know if anyone has compared performance with the 0-2 sensor unplugged and plugged? I have tried both and cannot seem to feel much difference. Thanks
gregitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #2040
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
Why are you using 91?
To tell you the truth, I'm not 100% sure......I think I recall the dealer told me that when I asked him what fuel to use, but not positive on it. Maybe I just dreamed that up.....should I just be using standard 87 octane?