Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #2311
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
ASAP I will be getting one for the LRP. Scotts told me I'll still be able to run the ROX risers/bar adaptors with a ProTaper and HDB guards above the damper with their setup.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you will let us know when the Scotts is available.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #2312
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post

I'm sure you will let us know when the Scotts is available.

It is available now, if you follow the link gnath provided...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
anybody have any thoughts on Dampers ?
installation pic's here
the sub mount on the CRF250R looks better but I don't think its offered for the CRF250L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Oh good they're finally out!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #2313
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:
It is available now, if you follow the link gnath provided...
Thanks, now I can "jump start the economy" all the better.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #2314
Lost Rider
Roadie

Looking forward to seeing them on the LRP as I watch with envy until it fits in our budget.
You will need to remove the top triple clamp to install the post, a service manual seems like it will be needed to DIY. You probably already know that, just a reminder for anyone.

Damn new counter shaft and new cush drive wheel...

LostRider.com
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #2315
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
. Scotts told me I'll still be able to run the ROX risers/bar adaptors with a ProTaper and HDB guards above the damper with their setup.
That will be a nice looking set up.
I also want to order the HDB guards with new bars but have not figured out the right combo yet. It has been 25 years since I rode dirt bikes and am just now getting back into it with my son Noah who is 11. I got him a 2008 CRF80F and we ride mostly at a nearby OHV park with lots of single track woods and a small MX track.
I got my CRF250L late in the year and here in Nebraska its been real cold. Only have 300 miles on it so far but it looks like tomorrow I will be able to get it out for a putt. 50+ degrees maybe.
I also plan on buying the Race Tech rear shock and the FMF full exhaust with programmer. 13/45 gearing.

Do you have any suggestions as to the right type of bars for me to order ?
I like the fact that the bars from HDB come drilled.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #2316
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Ed@Ford, I guess we just have hit that ripe old age and it's just fun to easy back and enjoy life. I too looked at the WR, but decided I would never ride it to its potential.

John
I put a significant amount of road miles on a WRR....just did not care for the suspension even after it was lowered, had a better seat. Just tall, skittish, and felt like it was running on it's tiptoes all the time. BUT, our german riding friend on it and my buddy on a 685 KLR did some EXTREME paved switchbacks, very fast gravel roads, and other great roads in VA & WV always 1 or 2 bike lengths apart, for miles and miles, at speeds I only dream of in my wildest fantasy.....and they love those 2 bikes. But, those 2 crazy bastards have 20 years of riding chasing each other at insane speeds thru the alps....go figure!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #2317
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaye89 View Post
Does anybody know where i can find white plastics or the silver seat that comes on the overseas model?
Thanks
Someone on this thread bought all those bits...out of Thailand....keep looking....maybe a couple weeks back...it is really sweet looking...I don't think those bits are available out of europe....keep scrolling back..he had a picture....ran him a couple hundred bucks
Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #2318
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
That will be a nice looking set up.
I also want to order the HDB guards with new bars but have not figured out the right combo yet. It has been 25 years since I rode dirt bikes and am just now getting back into it with my son Noah who is 11. I got him a 2008 CRF80F and we ride mostly at a nearby OHV park with lots of single track woods and a small MX track.
I got my CRF250L late in the year and here in Nebraska its been real cold. Only have 300 miles on it so far but it looks like tomorrow I will be able to get it out for a putt. 50+ degrees maybe.
I also plan on buying the Race Tech rear shock and the FMF full exhaust with programmer. 13/45 gearing.

Do you have any suggestions as to the right type of bars for me to order ?
I like the fact that the bars from HDB come drilled.

Well, we have the Protaper KX High bars, have had that bend on 3 bikes now and it suits me (us). They are some of the tallest bars Protaper makes and HDB offers without getting into ATV bars. We want lots of rise for a comfortable standing position. The sweep and bend works well for standing and sitting, for us. It's all a matter of personal preference really, but those bars work well. Check out pro taper's site for all the info on the various models and specs, cross referencing against what HDB offers if you want pre drilled bars from them.

There's other options out there for riser/adaptor combos so you can run 1 1/8 bars, Scotts says the setup we have will work with their top clamp mounted damper so the ROX risers all I can recommend. Maybe call them with questions about other options, they are very helpful on the phone. They could probably give you the bolt pattern specs of their top clamp to help ordering the correct one from HDB, at least for the side to side, the top to bottom measurement will be determined by the ROX risers, something that ROX should be able to give you too.
I don't want to give you my clamp specs as they don't fit perfectly, coming off of a 650GS, I just made them work using what I had, but there's probably a better way to do it if buying all the parts at the same time.

Good luck, and welcome back to riding in the dirt! Probably pretty cool to be taking your son out riding.

LostRider.com
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #2319
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaye89 View Post
Does anybody know where i can find white plastics or the silver seat that comes on the overseas model?
Thanks
Go back to page 121 and read on from there on the white plastics.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #2320
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Yoshimura RS-4

Yoshimura has the RS-4 slip on and full system for the 250L available on their website for anyone interested. Too bad they didn't incorporate a plate onto the muffler so the right side cover could be used like FMF did.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/s-2135-2013.aspx
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #2321
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
. Good luck, and welcome back to riding in the dirt! Probably pretty cool to be taking your son out riding.
Thanks for your thoughts ....

And yes it is cool to ride with my son and to tell you the truth, I should have got us bikes a long time ago. But I needed to pay off the car first and really did not want to buy old stuff. But he seems to be coming along fairly well even tho he is still a little scared I think. I don't push him to hard and got a feeling this year he will have a lot more confidence.

Also you have inspired us to try to make are own little film this spring. Santa brought us a GoPro for Christmas !!!
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #2322
amtz.zero
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Where any of you guys in Moreno Valley CA recently? I saw one of these bikes parked in front of a Jack in the box for quite a while today. Maybe you work there? I just thought it was cool to see one of these bikes out in the wild and not in a dealership. My wife is dying to sell her dr200 and get one of these.
amtz.zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #2323
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Yes Goondock...the tinkering is great fun, but the real PITA is when the UPS truck comes with goodies for the bike....and the wife asks "what did you buy now?" BUT, she at least knows that if I'm in the garage with the bike, I'm not in the bar with a floozie!
....Congrats, Ed@Ford on the new purchase, glad to see ya now have CRFL of your own to give us your "hands-on" expertise as well...Did ya get to test one out before ya bought it? Look forward to reading a ride report and your first impressions as a new owner.....
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #2324
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
....Congrats, Ed@Ford on the new purchase, glad to see ya now have CRFL of your own to give us your "hands-on" expertise as well...Did ya get to test one out before ya bought it? Look forward to reading a ride report and your first impressions as a new owner.....
Nope...bought it on "faith"....got a smokin deal down in OH, MI dealers wanted SRP + blah blah blah....

For those who care....you can get ...on top of the honda 1 year warranty....year 2, 3, or 4 more......but...on a dirt bike....nope

Gonna be 20F tonight....don't see any 45+F test days coming up....but I got my heated vest cord installed!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #2325
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
but I got my heated vest cord installed!!
THAT was my first farkle
had the same Powerlet on last 4 bikes
gotta have my heat!
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote