Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #2716
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
13/42 and you won't have to mess with your chain.
This will help make it a quicker bike? Is this a hard process to do?
Jinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #2717
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Yes...

Thanks man, is this easy to do?
Jinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #2718
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
An impart driver helps to get the rear sprocket bolts out. The kind you hit with a hammer.

Otherwise it's pretty easy.

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #2719
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
No ...

check this whole page http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...23409&page=166

L
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #2720
jstyck
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Great thread, took me a while to get through it all. I just picked up a 250L a couple weeks ago and love it.

jstyck screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 11:00 PM
jstyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #2721
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

Hey Krono are you sure you didn't mean this link??? http://www.advrider.com/forums/login...a645a34e296c8a

Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #2722
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Hey Krono are you sure you didn't mean this link??? http://www.advrider.com/forums/login...a645a34e296c8a

Good try !

L
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #2723
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Good try !

L
Wait, it will get someone...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #2724
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
This will help make it a quicker bike? Is this a hard process to do?
Yes it will add a little off the line .... break loose the nuts first is what I have read ... my sprockets are in the mail and its fricken cold outside
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #2725
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
About air induction, after having corcked it and disconnected the O2 sensor, following BDSB suggestions here http://bestdualsportbikes.com/dual-s...honda-crf250l/ and installed a dBkiller of my own, i had many stalling problems. That was cured by re-plugging the secondary air system and setting the first EJK parameter to 0, what got me rid of backfires too. Replugged also the O2 sensor, as i was there.

Doesn't seems logical, since i probably leaned at idle, but that's what experimentation concluded in my case.

Whatever .. i will try to experiment more with teh EJK setting (which you can emulate here http://www.electronicjetkit.com/demos/HPcurve.swf press mode, then + or -)

L
Very interesting developments....making parameter #1 = 0 Helps the stalling...can't imagine why...but it's progress....
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #2726
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

TO: KRONO and Everyone else

I just nuked all my stupid comments about two O2 sensors.....I won't even stoop so low as to blame Honda for poorly captioning and labeling the picture. Soooo stupid of me!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #2727
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Seeing as my Husaberg wasn't available, I recently rode back to Death Valley and then explored mostly off tarmac having a great time on the stock LRP, no Nancy this time.
It did great and took many miles of very rough riding in stride, surprising me how much you can push this bike without breaking something. From interstate travels to gnarly rock gardens I found the engine to be just fine with plenty of power to have fun, matter of fact it's very obvious the motor has finally loosened up and is making much more power than when it was new. On a side note for people feeling like they need to go spend a bunch of cash trying to make their bike "faster" I suggest you go put some miles on it first, it does improve with no money spent with miles.

The main limiting factor on this bike for me to go faster was only the suspension.
For the most part I had no problem keeping up with good riders on very fast bikes, but when pushing the bike's limits trying to haul ass on very rough terrain while loaded with lots of extra fuel and camping gear it was easy to bottom it out, especially in whoops, sudden washouts, and big rock gardens. This is to be expected with the budget OEM suspension that's probably designed more for milder DS use and not for fast desert riding.
With that said I'm not sure I'll be spending much money beyond a damper since Nancy won't be pushing the performance limits of the bike and riding more along the lines of it's intended design and for that it's just fine how it is IMO. I surely wouldn't buy any of the current suspension upgrades that are available at this time.
In the end I had a great time on the LRP regardless of it's softer feel and think this is one great bike capable of long distance touring, or going any place off road that just about any dirt bike can.

With a 13T sprocket I averaged 38 MPG for the trip and had the capacity to carry about 7 gallons of fuel total, making the 250 miles between gas on 350+ mile dirt rides possible. Top speed was with a backwind going downhill at 89mph, on the highway cruising 67MPH was average, 60 going uphill in 5th gear, 75 going downhill. Pretty much wide open throttle most of the time on the highway, especially with strong head winds. I hope they make that IMS tank pretty big, while the advertised numbers are good for MPG, in the real world it doesn't get very good milage unless you're just poking along a country road @50 mph, at least for us. A little over 1000 miles in 3 days of pure riding heaven on the Little Red Piggy (that can and did!)

Go LRP!

-Finn

Death Valley Daze from Lost Rider on Vimeo.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 04:54 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #2728
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,472
good to see that lil bike take a pounding and liking it

great vid thanks
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2729
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

LOST RIDER: Yup....some rough stuff, and it looks like the "Econo-suspension" really was unphased by it. BUT...it brings up the shock mod question. Way back on my Suzuki DRZ400s (street model) with the stock shock (no rebound damping adjust) I was doing a long downhill with some serious waterbars going across the downhill slope....there was SOOOO much rebound damping, I damn near did a handstand off the bars. After that experience I found a DRZ400 shock from an E model with rebound damping adjust, and the rear suspension instantly became wonderful...no more near-death experiences. So...in your experiences on the LRP....if the shock were rebuildable/tuneable (Honda sez no....my local shock guru says PROBABLY), does the rebound damping need to be toned down?....someone here upped his rear spring rate to 600 from about 525.....would that have been a benefit on this ride?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #2730
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
13/42 and you won't have to mess with your chain.
I just finished this combination awhile ago and it turned out fine. It wasn't that tough of a job if you take your time and use the correct tools.....and read the thread here and ask questions if you need to. There are members here that are willing to help. I've had the 13T JT front sprocket on for some time but today installed the 42T JT rear sprocket from The Sprocket Center. Fitment was spot on. I now need to recalibrate my Speedo DRD to get the speedometer reading correctly. Now for some warm weather to test it out. I'm betting it's going to be just right now gearing wise for me anyway!
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote