Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #2821
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Just want to chime in on which bike to buy.

First off...get whichever you like more. People get far to caught up on bike capabilities....there less important than most think. The only things that really matter are safety and fun.

Second. Never. Ever. Pay all the dealer fees. I tell them wipe the fees or im out. Never failed me yet. Usually gets knocked from 700+ dollars to less than 100
I paid $200+ UNDER the MSRP, no "prep", shipping or other fees that the Honda website says the dealers MAY charge. Plus a $95 "office fee" that the MI and OH secretary of state REQUIRES for processing all the paperwork...plus 6% MI sales tax
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #2822
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
I paid $200+ UNDER the MSRP, no "prep", shipping or other fees that the Honda website says the dealers MAY charge. Plus a $95 "office fee" that the MI and OH secretary of state REQUIRES for processing all the paperwork...plus 6% MI sales tax
Precisely
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #2823
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,531
Buried back in this thread several days ago, someone asked about a Seat Concepts low version for our CRF250L. I just got mine stapled up so here are some pics.

It is the low version carbon gripper red.

He has two reds I chose this version.

Honda's website says the seat height is 34.4 inches. Seat Concepts low version appears to be an inch or a tad lower.

I have zero ass time on this seat-we got 9 inches snow here today so I am not going anywhere soon
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #2824
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,468
that red is sweet
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #2825
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oh, in case anyone is wondering I did take the bike out of the wheel chock before I shot the seat height pic so it is an accurate measurement.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #2826
toddol1971
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
You are still off-topic posting in here and not helping us owners keep a good resource for us all to use without sifting through non-ownership posts and comparisons.
All of your posts in this thread are part of our problem with too many posts not pertaining to ownership, we don't care what you used to ride, I suggest you read the OP again and help out the community by following the guidelines. I see you just joined ADVrider, we have guidelines and rules to make it better for everyone and easier to find the info anyone is looking for, it's called thread topics.
I understand wanting owners opinions, but that's part of being a part of the ADV community, sifting through the opinions in the appropriate threads and deciding who you should listen to. Not just polluting our owners threads because you feel like it.
I'm sure you never posted an off topic post in a specific thread. Everybody does it, newb or not. I've read alot of off topic posts in this thread made by people that own a 250l. Does that mean they shouldnt post in here too. Of course not. What it means is that stuff pops up in your head and you say it to all your new thread buddys. Whats wrong with that.

In all my years on this interweb I dont remember someone so worried about someone posting in a thread about things not directly related to the op's post.

I understand that it would be nice to have it that way, but there are some legitimate posts on here that arent necessarily about the op's post

There are alot of guys out there that are waiting to buy, or hoping to buy this bike and looking into the owners thread can get them alot of info. Occasionally that means they may compare it to the bike they have or have had at one time. to me this is totally exceptable. I feel bad for that guy you ran off. My grandpa always said, "if you live in a glass house, you shouldnt throw stones."

Oh yeah, I'm sorry this is off topic.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2827
toddol1971
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by positron007 View Post
This is exactly why I come here to get an opinion on this bike and not a comparison thread.
I don't want people telling me the CRF is crap when they haven't even ridden it, I want to know what the owners think.
Totally legitimate post imo. The guy just wants to know what youn's think about your bikes.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #2828
toddol1971
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Put simply, swap it out you will be happy.

To elaborate, see here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818809

Good info and links in that thread.

The best way to search:

1) Go to www.google.com
2) Type the following into the search bar site:advrider.com
3) Follow that up with what you want to find

Example site:advrider.com crf230l vs crf250l

I discovered this not long ago- amazing!
I didnt know that either. Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #2829
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Buried back in this thread several days ago, someone asked about a Seat Concepts low version for our CRF250L. I just got mine stapled up so here are some pics.

I have zero ass time on this seat-we got 9 inches snow here today so I am not going anywhere soon
Nice...I believe it may of been the wife that posted about the low seat. I just ordered one in black. I was kinda skeptical on how the red would look, but seeing it now, it woulda been a great choice also. Does it actually feel lower to sit on, even though it may be a bit wider than the stock? Thanks for posting up the pic's
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #2830
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
that red is sweet
Very!!...far nicer than the factory.... IMHO
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #2831
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Quote:
that red is sweet
My eyes are not what they used to be. But gol darn I thought the factory "red" seat was PINK. I hated it

I asked mxbundy of Seat Concepts to send me both of his red seat covers for our CRF250L. Told him I would pick the color I wanted then send the other back to him. He agreed. I have yet to send the unused cover back to him just yet so here are a couple crap pics of his "other" red. I just laid it on my seat so you guys and gals could compare. It is a very smooth fabric.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #2832
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
Nice...I believe it may of been the wife that posted about the low seat. I just ordered one in black. I was kinda skeptical on how the red would look, but seeing it now, it woulda been a great choice also. Does it actually feel lower to sit on, even though it may be a bit wider than the stock? Thanks for posting up the pic's
I cant really tell just sitting on it in the basement if it feels lower. But I will say 100% it is softer and wider. And the seating bowl might be just a tiny bit further back. I need to put about 500 miles on this seat to give one an honest review

if this goldarn snow would just melt

and it spose to be below zero tonite

arggggg
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #2833
toddol1971
Adventurer

There was no ignorance towards you Lost.

I think the main problem is there is no specific spot for the different bikes. There all jumbled up in the thumpers forum.
I have no idea how hard it would be to have a specific spot for these or not, but that would stop all the problems of which you speak. Then sticky's would be all our best friends.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2834
Bob80
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
I cant really tell just sitting on it in the basement if it feels lower. But I will say 100% it is softer and wider. And the seating bowl might be just a tiny bit further back. I need to put about 500 miles on this seat to give one an honest review

if this goldarn snow would just melt

and it spose to be below zero tonite

arggggg
I'd say ya made the right choice, more of a "richer" look to the carbon fiber ...miles on the seat before an honest review=understandable..BTW...You can keep that snow and cold down there.......Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #2835
Charleston
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I'm a noob/owner and agree that it’s hard to pick out useful info from this thread. If a picture is worth a thousand words we need more pictures and a lot less words.

Here are pictures of a mounting spot for a 12v outlet. The outlet was on sale a Cycle Gear for $10. It's pretty stout, includes wires with lugs and a handlebar mount. I cut the mount to fit the space on the right side fairing and used Velcro to hold it in place (double sided tape would be more secure). There is a ground block a couple inches away but I ran both wires to the battery zip tied to the existing wire harness. I use the outlet to power a GPS in my tank bag map pocket and to charge the battery.

Now if I understand correctly I shouldn’t say that I use Battery Minders instead of a Battery Tenders because they have a desulphate cycle and have kept my batteries good for years because that could lead to pages of cussing and discussing battery chargers so I won’t say it here.