Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #2956
Bksports88
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Might try and cancel my purchase from BSDB and order from CRF only. Pretty frustrated with them right now
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #2957
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Please keep us posted on the Race Tech. The only other person who I saw give a review was Ramz and he said it was worth every $$$$.
I ride this bike 80% off road and the shock is too soft, front too. And am very close to pulling the trigger on the Race Tech. Have a local shop who will re-valve the front for me.
I will be sure to post a review
It may be awhile as its still cold here in Nebraska and I have yet to receive it. (3 more weeks maybe)

On a side note: My Corbin seat shipped already !!! ETA is Saturday and if its not raining I may be able to go out for a putt.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #2958
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
13t & ejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish769 View Post
Thanks for the replies on the FI controller. This bike will unfortunately spend most of it's time on the road. I have very few options for of- road here in flyover country. I will take it out to Colorado in the summer for some fire road type excursions but that will be about as wild as it gets. With that in mind would the change in sprockets still be the way to go before adding the EJK? Sorry, I know this is basic stuff to most of you but being a roadie all my life it's very new to me...
Thanks again for all the info.
Sure, the 13T C/S sprocket will provide performance, but at the price of buzzyness at higher speeds. If in the flatness of Nebraska you're happy with it, leave it alone. For Colorado....absolutely spend the $25 for the sprocket...AND they are easy to change. Your speedo will be off with the 13T....but save the $75 for the electronic doodad to fix it. Just go out with a friend ...or a GPS and get to know what ACTUAL 60mph is, and what indicated on the CRF speedo that equals.

Ordered the EJK from Dobek with my Veteran discount...3 days...in my mail box...done!!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #2959
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksports88 View Post
So you got your kit minus the pre programmed programmer in about a week? Now Im starting to get upset with BSDB, Been waiting over a month now, atleast its winter in VA
this is the email I used ...
futureman50@gmail.com

He emailed me back and said programmer would be here wed or thurs ... I'll update when I receive it
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #2960
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Sure, the 13T C/S sprocket will provide performance, but at the price of buzzyness at higher speeds. If in the flatness of Nebraska you're happy with it, leave it alone. For Colorado....absolutely spend the $25 for the sprocket...AND they are easy to change. Your speedo will be off with the 13T....but save the $75 for the electronic doodad to fix it. Just go out with a friend ...or a GPS and get to know what ACTUAL 60mph is, and what indicated on the CRF speedo that equals.

Ordered the EJK from Dobek with my Veteran discount...3 days...in my mail box...done!!
I got the speedo calibrator mainly to keep the odometer accurate over the life of the bike.

congrats on the EJK !!! I am sure you will let us all know your thoughts.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #2961
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I got the speedo calibrator mainly to keep the odometer accurate over the life of the bike.

congrats on the EJK !!! I am sure you will let us all know your thoughts.
Anybody have a chance to use a GPS to see how accurate the speedo is without sprocket changes? I'm contemplating sprocket changes, which would mean the speedo calibrator, as well. Hoping they are wrong, talk of getting several feet of snow here Friday, a Noreaster, as they are known around here. Hey, buy a bike, crappy winter.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #2962
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Anybody have a chance to use a GPS to see how accurate the speedo is without sprocket changes? I'm contemplating sprocket changes, which would mean the speedo calibrator, as well. Hoping they are wrong, talk of getting several feet of snow here Friday, a Noreaster, as they are known around here. Hey, buy a bike, crappy winter.

I have not but, I drive by a speed sign all the time and my speedo is about 5mph fast at 45. I am in the same boat as you ... waiting for winter to let up. If I was not working today I could have buzzed around the neighborhood as its about 50 right now.
When I do get around to installing my sprockets and calibrating I will do it my mileage with a GPS.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #2963
CR250R
StllSmokin

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Yes. Check the website. No need for the "pre-programmed" gimmick of BDSB.
...Or for fake ceramic coating.
Cool thanks
CR250R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #2964
gaw777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
I have the 13t front, stock rear sprocket. Did the GPS speedo check, it was 10.3% off. I did install the speed healer, as I did not want the "extra" miles on the bike. Easyish install, little tight, worked just like they said it would. Ramz did the same fix on his bike, noted on his site
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #2965
Captain Yesterday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Trying to decide on a used wr250r or a new crf250l, just curious on what kind of OTD prices people are paying around the US for a crf250l? I've never bought a new bike before just trying to see how much more is the OTD price than the MSRP price.

Thanks
Captain Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #2966
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
Trying to decide on a used wr250r or a new crf250l, just curious on what kind of OTD prices people are paying around the US for a crf250l? I've never bought a new bike before just trying to see how much more is the OTD price than the MSRP price.

Thanks
I paid $4795.00 List price plus 300 for what ever ...
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2967
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Look what I had in my mailbox when I got home today !!!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #2968
bigbluecreek
Wish I was in Mexico

Oddometer: 9
[QUOTE=bigbluecreek;20640790]
Me and friend recently road our bikes to Mazatlan. Here is a picture of the 250L all loaded as I had it set up on the trip. it performed perfectly as we went over 3000 miles...the biggest issue was probably the rear shock in that it does not have much rebound. With the load, I had to always make sure i was on a slope or had kickstand in a hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheRVA View Post
Any opinions on the new LRP for cross country riding? I know it's no GS, but could a young guy with a sense of adventure feasibly ride this thing long distance? The killer gas mileage and FI are very appealing to me.
I just rode over 3000 miles...it performed almost perfectly. i got decent gas mileage. I averaged about 50 mpg when i was going 65mph plus, and wind would also cut down on some mileage. At 50-60 mph the mpg went up fast. On average i would would fill up at around 85-100 miles and almost always put in 1.5 to 1.75 gallons. Only had to use my extra fuel a couple times. I didnt have the FI.
1970 Honda CT 70
1969 Honda CT 70
bigbluecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #2969
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Just put a deposit on mine today. Befor deposit the OTD for Washington state dealer is 4983$
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #2970
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,834
I asked a question back several pages and finally got up to the dealer to find out for myself and to help other prospective buyers see if this bike would be a good fit.

I had asked if the 250L felt comparable in size to the CRF230F which feels like an 80% sized bike to me at 6'0" , 33 inch inseam and 170 lbs.

The 250L is about a 95% of a full sized bike and felt very comfortable to me. My heels were about an inch off the ground and both toes comfortably on the ground. Knees also not too scrunched up with feet on the pegs.

By way of comparison a WR250R feels like a full sized bike to me, both toes on the ground but about 2-3 inches of air under my heels. Roomy riding position

KLX250 just a tiny bit higher on the seat height than the 250L but otherwise almost identical.

Hopefully this helped other shoppers for the 250L.....Looks to be a good fit for someone my size.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote