Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #3031
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
+1.

Lost Rider you are a knowledgeable and skilled rider. But arrogant as all hell. If Rick wants to spend his money to pursue his hobby, his way, then why rip him? Just because Ramz questioned your how-to you get all pissy?

And shoving the non-owners out of the thread? WTF? That attitude never existed in the XR650L thread when I was watching it. It's a great resource .. a little hard to follow, just like this one, but a god-damn gold mine for info. Just as our thread is shaping up to be.

Please, share your experiences. Comment on questions posted by owners and non-owners. Continue to document how you maintain the LRP. But cut out the shit.
+2

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #3032
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Hey look what FedEx dropped at this idiots door just now !!!

Looks nice! I am anxiously awaiting the ride report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Not telling anyone how to spend their own money, just voicing my own opinion on almost spending double what a bike costs based on doing the same in the past. In the end it's still an LRP mo matter how pretty the lipstick. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.
I'm not slamming his site, I haven't looked at it much, glad there's a resource for folks, I don't need his help deciding what's best for my bikes...

I'm nobody too, like I said, easily ignored.
Well, I have to say I agree with this. I am doing some comfort and ergonomic changes to the LRP as well as protection mods and a rack. I can even see how putting a new exhaust and fuel programmer over time can be cost effective as a new rider like myself grows into the bike. I don't think I will be there for a bit if ever. But the point is sound. No matter the wrapper the bike is masked in, it will always be what it is. The love of tinkering and wanting to modify some have is their hobby and more power to them. I am loving all that info I have read so far. But from a money standpoint, the amount needed to put into the LRP to bring it's performance up to even be close to other stock bikes is not practical. Strictly from a money = money standpoint.

We all certainly have opinions and a willingness to express them. That's a good thing! Maybe a thicker skin is in order on this thread so it doesn't turn into a negative place none of us want to come. I know I certainly have paid my dues and enough for everyone in this forum to say whatever they want and have dear friends that left their souls in Somalia, Irag, and Afghanistan that paid even more. Guess what, their families are still paying.

My point, if you read the context of Lost Riders statements then they are accurate. If you feel you are and idiot then that is your issue, not someone else because of what they say.

My $0.02. Love, peace, and hair grease!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #3033
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
OMG can we get back on track. Haha personally I think ramz site is awsome and he has helped me in the past with little questions I've had during mods for different bikes. Don't wanna see the guy bullied and go away because he is an asset to this forum. Everyday I see people dumping tons of money into 80's rice burners when they could just go buy something more powerful. To each their own let's all just get along LOL!
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #3034
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
+1.

Lost Rider you are a knowledgeable and skilled rider. But arrogant as all hell. If Rick wants to spend his money to pursue his hobby, his way, then why rip him? Just because Ramz questioned your how-to you get all pissy?

And shoving the non-owners out of the thread? WTF? That attitude never existed in the XR650L thread when I was watching it. It's a great resource .. a little hard to follow, just like this one, but a god-damn gold mine for info. Just as our thread is shaping up to be.

Please, share your experiences. Comment on questions posted by owners and non-owners. Continue to document how you maintain the LRP. But cut out the shit.
This thread isn't the CRF250l Thread. It is the CRF250l owners thread. There is a thread already for questions of non-owners. It is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740737

I monitor both threads and have contributed to both although maybe not as much as many. This thread has really become off topic and the amount of time needed to put into the thread because of off topic substance has been an annoyance for me and others as seen in earlier posts. It certainly isn't to limit the information to new potential buyers. It is just that the group is for us, the owners.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #3035
foxbrook
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Not sure when the above 2 got "moderator" status, but way to kill the thread. Last time I checked the majority of the "owners" didn't mind answering a few questions for non or "potential" owners.
Think about it for a second. If you were interested in this bike and had a couple questions, who would you rather ask? Owners or a thread full of people who have never ridden the bike and just complain about it's weight, lack of suspension etc...
Pretty sure I know which one I'd go with.

Peace and happy riding

foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #3036
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
OMG can we get back on track. Haha personally I think ramz site is awsome and he has helped me in the past with little questions I've had during mods for different bikes. Don't wanna see the guy bullied and go away because he is an asset to this forum. Everyday I see people dumping tons of money into 80's rice burners when they could just go buy something more powerful. To each their own let's all just get along LOL!
WOW! Bullied? Hahahahahah Good times.

I agree his work is a contribution to the CRF250l Owners community. All work in progression to our LRP is valued by me. This forum and the information from our fellow onwers has been paramount in many of the decisions I have made regarding the LRP. It is invaluable to me.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #3037
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbrook View Post
Not sure when the above 2 got "moderator" status, but way to kill the thread. Last time I checked the majority of the "owners" didn't mind answering a few questions for non or "potential" owners.
Think about it for a second. If you were interested in this bike and had a couple questions, who would you rather ask? Owners or a thread full of people who have never ridden the bike and just complain about it's weight, lack of suspension etc...

Peace and happy riding
Well, I agree that this thread would be a great resouce for information to these people. I also don't think there is anything in the rules to keep people from reading the info nor have I seen it suggested that they not. Only that we have repeated questions over and over from persons not owning the bike or following the thread. Certainly the majority of these questions have been answered many times over but the same category inmate keeps asking. I would suggest they read the entire thread. If there isn't an answer, post the question in the CRF250l Thread and likely it will be answered.

I am not trying to moderate the thread, I am only following ADVRiders guidelines in keeping threads on original topic. Reading 2-3 pages of non owners chatting it up about a WRR or some other info is NOT what the thread is for nor what it was intended for.

Quote:

Peace and happy riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63 View Post

Post your experiences, modifications, and issues specific to the CRF250L

DirtyBlackIrish screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 12:25 PM
DirtyBlackIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #3038
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
+2

Spud
Funny, we had 2+ ft. of snow here in the last two days, and neighbors were out helping each other, even though some of us had never met before. Nobody pissing on someone else's leg because they had red gloves with a blue jacket or anything. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all "play nice"?!?!?!?

Oops, off CRF topic.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #3039
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
I am on track .... my HDB guards just showed up with protaper bars and mirrors. Oh and I also spent the extra cash for the black anodized because I think it will make the gold on my Scotts damper really pop !!!

I have no problems with Lost Rider but, because I have spent so much cash... his post really did call me an idiot.

I just hope he will still let me buy a bunch of stickers
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #3040
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Peace and happy riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Funny, we had 2+ ft. of snow here in the last two days, and neighbors were out helping each other, even though some of us had never met before. Nobody pissing on someone else's leg because they had red gloves with a blue jacket or anything. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all "play nice"?!?!?!?

Oops, off CRF topic.

Hahahhahaha!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #3041
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I am on track .... my HDB guards just showed up with protaper bars and mirrors. Oh and I also spent the extra cash for the black anodized because I think it will make the gold on my Scotts damper really pop !!!

I have no problems with Lost Rider but, because I have spent so much cash... his post really did call me an idiot.

I just hope he will still let me buy a bunch of stickers
I am trying to get the same handguards. I ran into a problem with some other ones I bought and cancelled. Then they sent them to me anyway and now won't take return shippment. :(

Hopefully, now that the card company is involved, it will get resolved or I will be using what I have now. I got the Easton bars when they were linked on here and have those ready to go on as well. I plan on mounting the HDB guards to the tree front clamp.

I bet your excited!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #3042
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
I am excited !!! I went with the bars from HDB because they come with the inserts installed. should be a simple bolt on just they way I like it
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #3043
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I am excited !!! I went with the bars from HDB because they come with the inserts installed. should be a simple bolt on just they way I like it
Outstanding! Can't wait to see pics.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #3044
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
I think people are overlooking what I'm trying to say, getting all their panties in a bunch.

There's lots of new DS riders, and back to riding folks in here. With that comes a lot of views that it NEEDED to spend a bunch of money trying to make this wonderful, entry level bike into something it can never become. I'm not here to tell people what to do with their bike, just saying I've BTDT with dumping all sorts of cash into various bikes in my couple hundred thousand miles of riding experience and in the end, it's my opinion folks looking for a higher performing bike should just get a higher performance bike. It will cost you more in the long run, or at least it did me. For the money it takes to upgrade everything that can be upgraded, you can buy ANY bike you want, used.
Now, how much is "a lot" of cash is also subjective, I'm as guilty as the next guy of spending lots of money on bike stuff, don't take things personal, there's only one guy I see around that has about EVERYTHING you can buy for a LRP, and that's who I'm directing my opinion towards.
In the end if the money is no issue to him, and he's happy, great! That's cool, mines just the alternate opinion that the LRP doesn't need 3 or 4 grand worth of stuff to make it great. Absolutely suspension will make the bike ride better, more power is would also be welcomed, exhaust is nice, protecting everything is needed, getting your comfort is king, etc, etc.
Many things you'll have to do and spend on any bike to make it yours. But like I said, if you do it ALL, then you've spent enough money to buy any bike and that doesn't make sense to me. I did that with previous bike and have learned through experience, my experience. If you are happy with what you have into your bike and how it rides, who cares what I think anyways. We probably have a grand into our bike, when I get some more money we'll buy a Scotts Damper (something we will take with us to the next bike), but beyond that and before I do ALL the ramz mods, I'll buy another bike instead.
On the upward spiral to getting a nicer bike and maybe going faster while being safe, again, it's my OPINION if you're going to spend $8000 it would make more sense to buy a different bike. That's all. Agree with me or not.

We are all in agreement methinks, ramz is a pioneer in getting the LRP ready for the Baja 1000, his site must have lots of good technical info for folks to feel like defending it so much, I'm not debating about his contributions to the rider community, just my OPINION on if all his mods actually hold value when combined. Again, that's subjective and if you don't agree you don't have to think I'm arrogant.
As for bullying him, he hasn't posted in here in two months, after deleting his rude and arrogant comments towards me after I took the time to document some very useful info, so nobody is running him off. Yeah, I don't like him and think he's a fool for spending so much cash on an entry level DS bike, so what. We all have our right to our own opinions.

As for off-topic bike comparisons or questions from non-owners, a few of us have tried to start more specific threads to help index LRP topics, to make it a better community, doesn't seem like the masses in here understand how that is useful and would rather post up where they think it's logical instead of following ADVrider site rules and following thread topics posted in the first thread. Especially n00bs who joined up, ignored the thread topic and post away, then the pages of off topic discussions that follow. That's what makes it hard to find OWNERS info when searching through hundreds of pages. I was willing to keep an indexed thread for owners topics, but it didn't really take off. Too bad.
I was just trying to help all of us, you know contributing to the pool of info in a way that makes it EASIER for everyone, like I have done starting other threads in the past that have grown into valuable resources with peoples on-topic contributions. I do like to give back to the site that has inspired me greatly.

And to get back on track, for those of you about to install HDB bits, be sure to leave all the bolts loose until you have them in, and use blue locktite on the bolts going into the top clamp, they come loose easily. None is needed on the bar ends. The HDB stuff generally lines up close, but not always. Sometimes a little bending is necessary (big hammer and vise) . Use fresh allen keys, the HDB hardware will strip easily if your tool are well used and slightly rounded with all the tourque needed to get everything tight. I've installed 4 sets of them on different bikes...

Good luck and congrats on getting some good gear for your LRP, something that will last a long time.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 01:00 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #3045
foxbrook
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Regardless what you think should or shouldn't be in this thread, we all have the same status here and it doesn't give you the right to tell people what they can and can't post. Regardless if non owners post questions, this thread is going to keep growing and growing and information is getting pushed pages and pages back. That's the (good or bad) thing about this site. There are so many members and posts on this site, it's hard to keep track of any information unless you are well used to the "search" feature. Anyways, I'm done with this topic. I just don't see why you have to be so rude to people asking questions on a public forum....

foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote