Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #3046
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbrook View Post
Regardless what you think should or shouldn't be in this thread, we all have the same status here and it doesn't give you the right to tell people what they can and can't post. Regardless if non owners post questions, this thread is going to keep growing and growing and information is getting pushed pages and pages back. That's the (good or bad) thing about this site. There are so many members and posts on this site, it's hard to keep track of any information unless you are well used to the "search" feature. Anyways, I'm done with this topic. I just don't see why you have to be so rude to people asking questions on a public forum....

whatever dude, I never told anyone not to post, I just pointed out the rules that are well documents across this forum, I was never rude to anyone posting off topic, something that obviously you just don't get. It's not hard to keep track of info is people follow the guidelines. It's not rude to help people understand why we have thread topics. What have you done to contribute around here, eh?
And with that trying to put words in my mouth, and continue on the BS, you can go just go

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #3047
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Regardless what you think should or shouldn't be in this thread, we all have the same status here and it doesn't give you the right to tell people what they can and can't post. Regardless if non owners post questions, this thread is going to keep growing and growing and information is getting pushed pages and pages back. That's the (good or bad) thing about this site. There are so many members and posts on this site, it's hard to keep track of any information unless you are well used to the "search" feature. Anyways, I'm done with this topic. I just don't see why you have to be so rude to people asking questions on a public forum....
You misunderstand. It's not what HE thinks should be in the thread, it's a matter of following advrider guidelines which are to keep threads on topic. Non-owners asking questions about which bike to buy in this thread is off topic. Not rocket science.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #3048
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I have no problems with Lost Rider but, because I have spent so much cash... his post really did call me an idiot.
He did not. Please re-read that part of what he wrote.

I certainly have that tendency to pour money into bikes, and i've been well aware, even before i bought this one, that it was kind of inappropriate to spend so much on it, around 50% of the price i paid for it. I went ahead with it because there are some factors that affect me now, at this point.
However, i don't have a problem with someone pointing out that it is kind of inappropriate to spend so much on it; i welcome the reminder.

Quote:
The LRP is great for what it is, great bike for us as OEM for sure, but the ramz site just makes me laugh and the constant references to him as a know it all LRP guy to be listen too are a fucking joke.
I agree. Although i have found some of the photos there useful, there is a lot of peculiar stuff there, peculiar to him and his idiosyncracies. Useful for 'noobs', mainly, i suppose...but...well, if anyone wants to follow the example of the front brake line with screw-in fitting, they would have to talk to a HEL agent and i'm sure he'd point out the issues with it.
Sorry you all got your feelings hurt to hear that considering him to be an expert is a joke.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3049
foxbrook
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
whatever dude, I never told anyone not to post, I just pointed out the rules that are well documents across this forum, I was never rude to anyone posting off topic, something that obviously you just don't get. It's not hard to keep track of info is people follow the guidelines. It's not rude to help people understand why we have thread topics. What have you done to contribute around here, eh?
And with that trying to put words in my mouth, and continue on the BS, you can go just go
Once again showing your maturity I see. For one I'm not a dude, and yes you did tell non owners not to post, it was a round about way.
Thanks btw for your contributions, this thread has slowed down considerably since your post reminding us of the rules....

foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3050
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Well said.
What i was going to say on Friday...this thread's already stuffed,...but i suppose the same applies to all these long bike-specific threads - it becomes almost impossible to find anything in it.
The only hope is to start specific threads for specific mods or how-to's.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #3051
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
He did not. Please re-read that part of what he wrote.

I certainly have that tendency to pour money into bikes, and i've been well aware, even before i bought this one, that it was kind of inappropriate to spend so much on it, around 50% of the price i paid for it. I went ahead with it because there are some factors that affect me now, at this point.
However, i don't have a problem with someone pointing out that it is kind of inappropriate to spend so much on it; i welcome the reminder.

I agree. Although i have found some of the photos there useful, there is a lot of peculiar stuff there, peculiar to him and his idiosyncracies. Useful for 'noobs', mainly, i suppose...but...well, if anyone wants to follow the example of the front brake line with screw-in fitting, they would have to talk to a HEL agent and i'm sure he'd point out the issues with it.
Sorry you all got your feelings hurt to hear that considering him to be an expert is a joke.
Damn can't this just die - nobody I believe considers ramz to be an expert - its just additional information source - another fellow rider - just like Lost Rider. I believe I am smart enough to figure out if I like what ramz or lost rider or anyone for that matter did or did not do to a bike. Sometimes its good to see what could be done if taken to the limit. Geez getting your panties in a wad because somebody posts a link to his site is crazy.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #3052
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
There are so many members and posts on this site, it's hard to keep track of any information unless you are well used to the "search" feature.
Use.google.
Put site:advrider.com in the search string.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #3053
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,246
Please use the IGNORE feature if someone is annoying you and let's keep the conversation civil...

Owners and wanna be's are welcome here... and it's the nature of forums that noob questions are repetitive.. no one is forcing anyone to post a reply.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #3054
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Please use the IGNORE feature if someone is annoying you and let's keep the conversation civil...

Owners and wanna be's are welcome here... and it's the nature of forums that noob questions are repetitive.. no one is forcing anyone to post a reply.

Thank you!

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #3055
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:

Amen!

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #3056
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
Well, I agree that this thread would be a great resouce for information to these people. I also don't think there is anything in the rules to keep people from reading the info nor have I seen it suggested that they not. Only that we have repeated questions over and over from persons not owning the bike or following the thread. Certainly the majority of these questions have been answered many times over but the same category inmate keeps asking. I would suggest they read the entire thread. If there isn't an answer, post the question in the CRF250l Thread and likely it will be answered.

I am not trying to moderate the thread, I am only following ADVRiders guidelines in keeping threads on original topic. Reading 2-3 pages of non owners chatting it up about a WRR or some other info is NOT what the thread is for nor what it was intended for.
Thanks for explaining that so well. Unfortunately, people will keep on coming to the last page of the thread and asking the questions.

I'd also wanted to say, last week, that it's always a pleasure to hear from you, always humbly thanking everyone for their contribution and so on. :)
Good luck with the stressful job. (Now that it's confirmed it is what i'd thought when you mentioned having learned to keep calm in stressful situations.)
Like they say on facebook, with the Indian army - "each Like = one Salute, each Share = 10 Salutes." :)

Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #3057
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:

So it's encouraged to post off-topic replies?

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #3058
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,024
Finn (Lost Rider) has a pretty valid point... he's posting from personal experience. I do agree it's silly to dump a ton of money or work to make it something it isn't. Each person has to decide where that line is. For me, dumping $2k into a $5k bike to get it CLOSE to a $10k bike is acceptable. But not much more than that.

Case in point.. last night I discovered my forks were bent from a crash in Death Valley last year. When I posted looking for input, I got several people suggesting I step up to a KX front end or something with beefier, more capable forks. I thought about it for about two minutes, and decided against it. While it sounds like a great idea, my riding skills don't deserve that yet, and I'd rather just fix the bike and ride. So I found a deal on a set of OEM forks that already had Gold Valves and springs in them, so I went that route instead.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #3059
RedRadioFlyer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Fresh Meat

This is my first post, been following this thread since pg.1 and have had my bike since Aug. I must say I appreciate all the great info & advice. Some of you have been riding longer than Iíve been alive, I have much respect and hope to be in your shoes one day. Iím not a complete noob I have been riding since I was child, but at my current age I tend to ride like Iím invincible (turns out Iím not ).

Anyways,
I'm stationed in Las Vegas, bought the first LRP that came into town and absolutely love this thing. It will take a beating and keep going with no worries. Iíve had bicycles that werenít this reliable .
I do have a question though Iím looking into a 2nd set of wheels 17 inch for a more aggressive street setup. The only resource I can find is http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/s.../12/1459.shtml is there any other options out there? Any help or point in the right direction would be much appreciated

Thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #3060
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
So it's encouraged to post off-topic replies?
Read my post again:

Quote:
Translation: You don't have to be as CRF250L owner to post here.. you could be a potential owner who wants to learn about this bike...

Off topic posts are the bane of every thread... if there were enough hours in the day, we would punt them.. if something doesn't belong here, or someone is not being civil, use this link to report it and one of the mods will have a look.