Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #3496
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Might pay to try a supermoto front fender- made a huge difference on my DR650 when I got rid of the big floppy OEM front fender....
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #3497
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles44 View Post
I've tried loosening my grip n it makes no diff. I'm gonna check out the Manuel out n see If nything needs adjustment.
here is a good old thread on "head shake"
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #3498
Boismj03
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Got a question. To fill the tank, it looks like the zipper unzips from the front left, down the side, then at the rear unzips further from L to R allowing the tank bag to flop to the left for gas cap access. If the bike is on the sidestand, does the tankbag want to flop back into place while filling the tank? Since the CRF has those silly bars across the fill hole, I use 2 hands on the gas filler to make sure the gas flows into the tank and not all over everything. Any commentary on your experiences fueling with this tank bag?
Here are a couple of pics of my setup...filled it today sitting on the bike with gloves on...no problem...unzip 2 sides fill er up. These are taken with the bike on the side stand. Just dont forget to zip the top up so all your shit does'nt fall on the ground from the main bag!

Boismj03 screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 06:11 PM
Boismj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #3499
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Boismj03: Thanks for the pix...that's perfect! Fine choice!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #3500
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Was I the only one stuffing around with key to get it to lock again after filling with fuel??? only to realize I just had to push it down and it snap shut perfectly.
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #3501
Boismj03
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Boismj03: Thanks for the pix...that's perfect! Fine choice!
No problem...It rained here in Boise all day! My bike was out in the elements in a parking lot. No water on the inside of the bag at all...Then the ride home in the rain...No moisture in the bag! Im sure it will leak eventually as it is not 100% sealed but it is better than a cordura setup for sure..also it maintains its shape which I like alot.
Boismj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #3502
FlyGuy
MachineHead

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles44 View Post
So in a previous post I noted that my new Lrp was having excessive head shake. Well the bike has accumulated 1400 miles and I am posting to say the problem is getting worse. I've checked the tire pressure but found that it is within spec. And at this point I'm not sure what to check. One thing I do want to note is that the headshake only happens when there is a car n front of me and I'm in their "backdraft". The bigger the vehicle the worse the shaking. If there is no one in front of me the bike rides smooth. I'm thinking maybe I should take it to the dealer I bought it from.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
What you are describing is buffeting
Buffeting air behind a car at one point will oscillate back and forth(from the right to left or left to right) but it typically around a 1 second oscillation
You can get closer to the car in front of you (draft) I am talking real close like 10 ft and be inside the buffet or you can trail back to where the buffet subsides. (good place to be)
A different front fender will help (recommended) but you will still notice it as the tire is still affected.
A stabilizer wont do squat unless you have it set for going straight only (not realistic)
welcome to the world of the dual sport where 21 inch tires and light front ends do weird things out on the road
FlyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #3503
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
230lbs and 5ft 11. I like the bike a lot but not a highway cruiser by any means. I love to be in the dirt and city streets
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #3504
miles44
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post
welcome to the world of the dual sport where 21 inch tires and light front ends do weird things out on the road
lol thanks :) Starting to understand its the nature of the beast.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #3505
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreturkeli View Post
Do you think it's possible to combine Cycra and Highway Handguards parts this way?

- Buying the Center Reach Bar version of Cycra HandGuards
- and mounting it to the Fancy TopClamp of Highway Handguards?

Because I really like the bar and the plastic guard design of Cycra, but hate the idea of clamps in the center of my handlebar, on the other hand I again love the topclamp idea of Highway hand guards...

I hope somebody will confirm this..

PS: by the way I'm about to get offended by not getting any reply for my big first message...
Don't be offended...people will get around to it once a topic gets covered sufficiently. If you are dead set on the Highway Handguards top clamp I can't answer your question. I went with the Cycra Pro-Bend Bar Pack without the clamps. I purchased the front mount triple tree clamp and it's very sturdy. It took no bending and fit like a champ. Just a thought...

I visited Istanbul a few years back. Had a great time..It's a fabulous city!
Welcome to the forum.
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #3506
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225

CRF250L'13 - IMS 3.1 Gal. Fuel Tank
[IMS250L] $279.95 $265.95

These are currently in development. We will be the first to have these in stock and they will only be available in limited numbers. So, pre-order now to secure yours for the first shipment.

IMS Fuel Tank

Designed to enhance the appearance of your motorcycle, yet provide greater riding distance per tankful.

- One gallon bigger yet very slim and sleek.
- Perfect for the dunes or the race track! These tanks are made with POLY-ETHELENE CROSSLINK for extra strength and durability.

NOTE: Photo is for illustration purposes only. Not the actual tank.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #3507
Reconstructed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Reconstructed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #3508
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreturkeli View Post
Do you think it's possible to combine Cycra and Highway Handguards parts this way?

- Buying the Center Reach Bar version of Cycra HandGuards
- and mounting it to the Fancy TopClamp of Highway Handguards?

Because I really like the bar and the plastic guard design of Cycra, but hate the idea of clamps in the center of my handlebar, on the other hand I again love the topclamp idea of Highway hand guards...

I hope somebody will confirm this..

PS: by the way I'm about to get offended by not getting any reply for my big first message...
Welcome. Don't be dismayed; people usually don't reply because they don't know the answer to your question.

I've never been to Istanbul, but I would love to visit your city. James Bond raced his CRF250 across the rooftops of the Grand Bazaar in the movie SkyFall. However, Bond rode a CRF250R, not a CRF250L. Here's a video describing how the stunt was filmed.

Here's the actual footage from the movie.

I suggest you don't try this at home on your CRF250L.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 10:45 PM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #3509
lccpmj
Totes amaze balls

Oddometer: 13
Arrow exhausts for UK owners

After some enquiries from me, Tom from Motorcycle race parts has emailed me to say the following are now available.

http://www.motorcycleraceparts.co.uk/section.php/3074/1/crf250l-2012-arrow-exhaust---silencer

lccpmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #3510
hobidolap
n00b

Oddometer: 6

hobidolap screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 10:46 PM
hobidolap is offline   Reply With Quote