Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #3556
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 292
Wondering if anybody has experience with burn problems with aftermarket exhausts on soft luggage. I have a Giant Loop Coyote bag and it drapes over the tail rack and rearward part of the seat, slants forward toward the passenger pegs. It seems the FMF and the Arrow have no temp guards. Probably makes no difference for day trips, but camping forays require the luggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kickstart View Post
Hello Forum, Hello lccpmj - greetings from germany

I owned the Arrow-Exhaust for my baby.
Current the Arrow-Exhaust is the only one, you can get here in Europe.
Only Leo Vince has planned to fabricate a muffler for the CRF250L, but it's not available at present.
http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-h...2013/285222662

Yesterday I've installed the muffler and opened the riding season 2013
Quality, look and sound are really good.

Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #3557
ratthing
refrigerated cybercanine

Oddometer: 127
Prices

I bought mine back in November for $4720 cash before local TTL with both an FMF exhaust and hand guards from Southern Honda in Chatanooga, TN. They were selling stock bikes at that time for $3997. I see now they have them listed at $4197.

My experience was excellent. I had some issues with my Ultimate MX Hauler (first time in use), and one of the guys in the service department spent about 30 minutes helping me get it sorted out. He definitely went above and beyond. The only negative was the dealership was having a test ride day, and it took longer to get the bike paid for and keys in hand than going during the week would have.
ratthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #3558
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones View Post
Checked one out yesterday at the local dealer and was very impressed. I was dead set on the WR250R, and have yet to find one to throw a leg over, but dollar for dollar brand new this Honda is hard to look past. They sold 6 this past week and only have one left and are ordering more. I foresee a higher price for 2014 as these seem to be a pretty big hit for Honda.

I need to look into this thread for what the aftermarket has available.
If you are looking for a more aggressive dirt bike that is lets say 75% dirt and 25 % street go with the Yamaha. I have had my 250 L since August and I love it. Depending own your talent level and what you want to do the Yam and the Honda are both good bikes. I see guys spend big bucks to get their Honda suspension on par with the Yam or other more dirt oriented bikes. The Honda is a great valu but it does have limitations. You get what you pay for.
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #3559
kzahel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52

Took my bike out for her first real ride. Some minor hill climbing up some gravel roads. She made it up like a charm. Definitely much more fun and safer than riding my 950 adventure.

I was thinking I would break her in easy but got to reading about it this morning and decided I would go with the advice of some that it a bike breaks in better by just riding it and having fun. That way she'll know what to expect for the rest of her life, too.
kzahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #3560
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsterner View Post
If you are looking for a more aggressive dirt bike that is lets say 75% dirt and 25 % street go with the Yamaha. I have had my 250 L since August and I love it. Depending own your talent level and what you want to do the Yam and the Honda are both good bikes. I see guys spend big bucks to get their Honda suspension on par with the Yam or other more dirt oriented bikes. The Honda is a great valu but it does have limitations. You get what you pay for.
I want a scenic gravel road bike with very little single track thrown in. Either bike will be fine, heck another KLR would be fine but I want smaller/lighter. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #3561
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Air Box Mods + EJK + 13T

Looking at the most cost effective performance upgrades ( I'm poor so cannot justify replacing the whole exhaust and suspension), I reckon that opening up the very restrictive airbox and doing some tuning with an EJK (or similar) along with 13T front sprocket would get plenty enough improvements- for the average rider that is. Having said that, the bike is good enough for most off road riding as it is, I'm just looking at the most basic upgrades to bring it up one level..............
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #3562
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,548
I am going bat sheet crazy here seeing photos of you guys riding where it is warm and green!
We are still in the grips of a snowy winter here in So Wisconsin and 6 more inches of the crap forecasted soon.

All I can do is head for the dungeon and dream up crap to do or bolt on the bike. How bout a tank bag strapped to a Rotopax? And I think my fairing is done but need some road testing for sure.

siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #3563
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 112
doh, didnt see this thread before.

BDSB stage 1 kit has the FMF injection programmer, CRFOnly has an EJK unit...what if any would the difference between the two be, other than the label?

http://bestdualsportbikes.com/produc...-honda-crf250l

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id/4881
Turk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #3564
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
doh, didnt see this thread before.

BDSB stage 1 kit has the FMF injection programmer, CRFOnly has an EJK unit...what if any would the difference between the two be, other than the label?

http://bestdualsportbikes.com/produc...-honda-crf250l

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id/4881
They are the same thing both made by dobek performance
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #3565
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
They are the same thing both made by dobek performance
cheers eek
Turk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #3566
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemarktumalo View Post
Wondering if anybody has experience with burn problems with aftermarket exhausts on soft luggage. I have a Giant Loop Coyote bag and it drapes over the tail rack and rearward part of the seat, slants forward toward the passenger pegs. It seems the FMF and the Arrow have no temp guards. Probably makes no difference for day trips, but camping forays require the luggage.

Giant Loop sells an exhaust guard for their luggage for $25.

I looked at it when I was buying my Mojavi and contemplating a different exhaust but I like the quiet.

cheers
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #3567
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
looking for a new bike

howdy,
i currently have a 1994 yamaha xt225. i've been looking at honda's new crf250l. anyone out here have it, and how do you like it/ ride, etc?

70/30, dirt/street is mostly my riding.
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #3568
gaw777
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Kickstand safety switch

Anyone removed the kickstand safety switch other than Ramz? I use mine for 80% dirt. Was out this weekend going up a pretty steep rough hill and the bike just dies, like it ran out of fuel, but fired right back up again, ran rest of the day. Pucker moment for sure. Got back to camp and one of the other riders mentioned the kickstand switch might have been activated

Have anyone removed the safety switch. If so how hard?

Any thoughts.........thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #3569
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
carlclaflin, I would read all the post, you will get your answer. Pretty hard to go to a bike specific thread and find owners who don't like them.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #3570
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Fmf

I read on the CRF'S only site that they list a Power Bomb and Mega Bomb header. One must be for torque at low to mid and the other for mid to high range. Which is which?
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote