User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #4186
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Making a Super Moto for the misses.

The guys at Warp 9 are making some rims for me and one of the questions he asked me, "What size sprocket do you want on the rear?" He recommended a 47 tooth sprocket from some other Super Moto customers.

I thought that was a little high, going with the 14 tooth front sprocket. We compromised on a 14T - 44T combo. Get a little more grunt but still not be wringing it out on the highway at cruise speeds (60-65 miles an hour).

Any feedback on the that?

I did find a chart showing you the ratio but it really doesn't do anything for me.

I thought I saw somewhere you would want something closer to 3 for the street.

The first step will be getting the bike down to a comfortable seat height for her (32 inch inseam / 120 pounds). When I sit on the bike I can get it low enough for her, of course I have an extra 100 pounds on me! I'm debating on the lowering link or doing that shock mount drill method.

Going to the 17" wheels and raising the forks up might just do it. Will have to wait and see. Picking the bike up tomorrow from the dealer.
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #4187
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
You can get the Tusk handlebar risers from Rocky Mountain ATV and M/C in the 15mm and 30mm size for $17.99 and $19.99, for 7/8 and 1 1/8 bars. I have them and they are very nicely done, I used the 30mm ones on several bikes that I have, they fit the CRF250L perfect.

John

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...dlebars+risers due note, they are polished and are not dull like the picture.

trainman screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 07:23 PM
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #4188
Okie03
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I appreciate the feedback guys. I'm going to add a little rise, but I don't want to go too crazy.
Okie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #4189
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
EJK Tuner Review

Holy Crap! I loved my CRF before I added the fuel tuner. The 13T front sprocket was great and all was going swell...then I added the EJK fuel tuner, removed the snorkel and backfire screen....YEEEEEHAW! Way more power everywhere. I have only done a road test so far, but it really does feel like a different bike (and I still have the stock exhaust). Highly recommended. The bike sounds deeper and more powerful as well. Can't wait to assault Mt. Pirongia on Sunday, the stock rear tire will be toast by the end.
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #4190
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
I loved my CRF before I added the fuel tuner. The 13T front sprocket was great and all was going swell...
I know this is going to be a stupid question, but can someone explain what the 13T front sprocket does without going into ratios and whatnot? Really what I want to know is, does it allow the CRF to pull the front wheel off the ground in 1st gear without popping the clutch?
bdolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #4191
Dirtchuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Not w just the 13
Dirtchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #4192
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
If 15T is ok and 14T is better, then 13T must be wonderful.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #4193
Boismj03
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
Holy Crap! I loved my CRF before I added the fuel tuner. The 13T front sprocket was great and all was going swell...then I added the EJK fuel tuner, removed the snorkel and backfire screen....YEEEEEHAW! Way more power everywhere. I have only done a road test so far, but it really does feel like a different bike (and I still have the stock exhaust). Highly recommended. The bike sounds deeper and more powerful as well. Can't wait to assault Mt. Pirongia on Sunday, the stock rear tire will be toast by the end.
What are you base numbers for the EJK? Mine is on the way from Dobeck performance. I dont plan on adding an exuast. From your enthusiasm I would say it will be just fine. Have you taken it on the highway? 60+ mph? Mine seems to run out of steam at 65 mph full throttle in 6th with only the 13T sprocket. I am fixing on doing the same mods to the airbox when it gets here.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #4194
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolnik View Post
I know this is going to be a stupid question, but can someone explain what the 13T front sprocket does without going into ratios and whatnot? Really what I want to know is, does it allow the CRF to pull the front wheel off the ground in 1st gear without popping the clutch?
I was able to lift the front wheel with just the 13t front sprocket. I have also added a 43t sprocket to the rear and it pulls hard. For my riding, the 13/43 is perfect so far and I was able to use the stock chain. If you are looking at sprockets, I highly recommend sprocket center. Chad is a great guy and shipping was super fast.

good luck
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #4195
billfires
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boismj03 View Post
What are you base numbers for the EJK? Mine is on the way from Dobeck performance. I dont plan on adding an exuast. From your enthusiasm I would say it will be just fine. Have you taken it on the highway? 60+ mph? Mine seems to run out of steam at 65 mph full throttle in 6th with only the 13T sprocket. I am fixing on doing the same mods to the airbox when it gets here.
I took the bike on the highway for the first time this morning. I only went 1 exit which was aprox. 3-4 miles, (with only 350 miles on the odometer). I could not maintain 65 mph with the stock 14/40 gearing. I am about 300 lbs with all my gear and am wide enough that I need extensions on the stock mirrors. I do not plan on regularly riding on highways but thought if I went with a 13 tooth counter sprocket I would be OK when I have to. I am aprehensive that with your experience that this is not going to solve this minor problem. Iwas originally thinking about a 14/47 setup and being able to put the 13 on when doing tight offroad trails. I guess I will try the 13 tooth C/S sprocket and hope it works. Bill C
billfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #4196
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfires View Post
I took the bike on the highway for the first time this morning. I only went 1 exit which was aprox. 3-4 miles, (with only 350 miles on the odometer). I could not maintain 65 mph with the stock 14/40 gearing. I am about 300 lbs with all my gear and am wide enough that I need extensions on the stock mirrors. I do not plan on regularly riding on highways but thought if I went with a 13 tooth counter sprocket I would be OK when I have to. I am aprehensive that with your experience that this is not going to solve this minor problem. Iwas originally thinking about a 14/47 setup and being able to put the 13 on when doing tight offroad trails. I guess I will try the 13 tooth C/S sprocket and hope it works. Bill C
My experience was that the bike "loosens up" after a while, and revs better, ect. Maybe wait to decide on mods before you get past the 600 mile service, and start abusing it a bit. Mine has around 1,150 miles on it, and it has a lot more pep now. That said, the 13t is going on tomorrow. I will ride it for a while before deciding if either a 42, or 43 is going on the rear. From what I've read, both will work with the stock chain, 13t, as opposed to leaving the 14t on, and going bigger in the rear.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 04-05-2013 at 01:56 PM
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #4197
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boismj03 View Post
Not sure what the base numbers are, I will have to pull the seat off to check but they are whaever the EJK team set them at. As far as highway top speed goes, I weigh around 190lbs plus gear and the bike gets up to 120kph very easily now. Beforehand, (with the 13t sprocket) my top speed was around 115kph and it struggled a bit to get there. The power improvement is very linear now, certainly the biggest improvement is in the low/mid range. I change into 2nd far faster now and you can really feel huge power at the change into second. I am a couple of hours away from going out to slay some gravel roads and I'm picking a decrease in fuel efficiency but there is always a trade off. As long as I can go 150kms without having to fuel up I will be happy, as most of the great rides around my neck of the woods have a petrol station at that range. I may still change to a 42T lightweight rear sprocket, but I need to put another 1000kms of varied off road riding before I make that decision. Attention all CRF250L riders: ORDER A FUEL TUNER ASAP!!
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #4198
Normsthename
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
its not stupidly loud like the powercore 4 that would be way too much.
Hi Phil
Thanks for the Info, which exhaust did you actually fit?
Fancy one that's not too loud

Andy
Normsthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #4199
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Need info on getting a roll chart. Anyone use them?
Which one should I get?

Little help please
I use one frequently. Not only for the TAT but if I'm routing out a ride on some back roads, I'll put the roads, turns and mileage on roll chart paper. Makes some think I know the area quite well. LOL
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #4200
RayMurdock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Been reading this forum some months and just got my CRF250L today. I was surprised about the fun one can have leaving the tarmac. This bike steers so quick..compared to my former >liter bikes.

The Dobeck EFI has been ordered along w/Arrow exhaust and 13T is coming next week. Double Take fold-away mirrors where pricey but nice. Still awaiting real result charts before fiddling with the airbox, it seems about sound instead of performance.

Thanks for sharing all these info on this nice bike

(Got the Zeta Impact X1 hand-guards but will return them, they do not fit the stock bar).
RayMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote